FIFA 14 will be most connected experience yet, says Rutter

FIFA 14 will focus high on social features, according to a new What Culture interview with excecutive producer, David Rutter.

Speaking with the mag, Rutter said, "For someone with a connected console you're completely connected with the EA Sports Football Club component of the game now. Everything you do in the game counts towards your level, you can see what your mates have been up to.

"We're delivering data updates on professional players and injecting challenges from real matches. You can download an App to keep track of your EASFC stuff, and manage your Ultimate Team too from the bus or workplace. You're right it'll get even more like this in the next few years."

Thankfully, those who prefer to play on their own needn't worry, since Rutter is confident that playing solo will always been part of the game.

"I think this is because it's an excellent experience, and also because it's sometimes a major hassle hooking up with your mates online to play head to head or the people online are quitting/cheating/beating you up. We're working on that too."

Rutter finished the interview by saying that FIFA 14 a huge game, with plenty of extensive features. "For FIFA we're already really pretty broad", he said, "single player, co-op, competitive multiplayer, ranked, unranked, career, and all locked to a player or as any player, across a massive comprehensive set of players, teams and leagues. It's a huge game.

"Our biggest features in the last three years have probably come from 'deep'. I think deep is what gets the 90+ ratings and the fans eager, but you can't be too narrow. Our fans have really diverse tastes in modes and we need to cater to that."

We can't wait for FIFA 14. Can you?

Edited On 11 Mar, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I honestly can't wait. Always the most anticipated game every year. I like having the option of being able to buy stuff from auction while at work, just wish we could fancy dan about with our FUT teams too. Can't see a lot more they can connect with, apart from having the player upgrades on more leagues, rather than just having it on the big 5(Spain, Italy, France, Germany, England)
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
have not missed a fifa release since 1996 and i wont be missing this 1 but i will be waiting until the next gen versions are out! no point getting it on my 360/ps3
Johno Muller's avatar
Yeah, FIFA games last me a full year so there is no point in getting one for a console I don't intend to be playing on after 3 months, same reason I've hung fire on most of this years releases.
Johno Muller 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I'll get it on PS3 and PS4. 90% of my mates won't get a PS4 on release date, so I'll need a PS3 to play them at it. But I'll want PS4 for whatever other features it'll have.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
superniceguy's avatar
I won't be getting a PS4 or a next Xbox on launch, and intend on still playing PS3 and Xbox 360 for a few years yet, until they shut down the services, and they stop releasing games for them. FIFA 13 was still released on PS2. You may find more people on PS3/Xbox 360 than on next gen until about FIFA 16.
superniceguy 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Fortunately I don't play FIFA with friends or online usually, but with less players as a whole it could make an interesting experience.
Johno Muller 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I got the Early Season Pass, and in terms of playing people who also owned that, they were higher quality games/less DCs. I'd assume these people would also have a PS4 and FIFA 14.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Exactly, it would be fantastic to play games to the end. The main reason I stopped playing any 1v1 games is because people don't like to lose so they DC and I don't get the win
Johno Muller 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
It is generally what pisses me off most. I have to pass the ball about for 5 minutes without pressing forward just before even trying to score as I know that as soon as I do, I'll get DC'd on. I got a pen in the 4:30, scored it, boy waited till the time showed up before kicking off, and it was 4:45, so he quit out. It happens all the time now people have league relegation to worry about. It's just shameful.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
I love Fifa games but if they want to make this the 'most connected experience yet' then they really need to do something about the servers. I'm always getting disconnected on Fifa 13 >.> It's not my internet being weird either as other games are fine.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I checked on mine the other day, and although I've lost a few on FUT earlier on, I have a 0% DNF career on H2H after 101 games. And my interenet is anything but perfect.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 4 years ago
Why do developers keep shoving social crap down our throats, we have enough of that with social apps already we don't need our games covered in it. Might as well just make Fifa Facebook.
Johno Muller's avatar
There is a FIFA on facebook, I think it's called Superstars
Johno Muller 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Just make it so that when people quit before the 5th minute you still get a win, that grinds on me because early goals are a part of football. They have so much development time, so would like to see the Blue Square Premier league on the next fifa, especially if my beloved Plymouth Argyle are going to be down there :(
0000000000's avatar
they are mate
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
You should have the option to tell in the arena if the connection is a bit bloated. Or have the option to quite out if you notice without having to have touched the ball. It's a waste of 5 minutes as far as I'm concerned, and that's a precious amount of time in the tougher games.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
And the only worry about Plymouth is they don't have to play any of their fellow strugglers. It's what might in the end save QPR, by the fact that their run in is versus all the lower leaguers. Plymouth seem to have to play the informs or top of the tables in their home games.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Early goals are apart of football, I don't mind if people quit right at the start, its when i go on the attack and hit the post or something then they quit. Really am hoping that Plymouth can stay up but it's going to be a massive push, managed it last year but not looking too great this year. Got Bradford tomorrow night and they have been in great form recently and Fleetwood on Saturday. Both home games but doubt that it will make a difference.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
I gave up on FIFA a long long time ago essentially because I was just complete and utter rubbish at it and I am now just completely dissillusioned with football as a whole(Im a pompey fan, always have been always will be) so this yet another ahem!!! next gen title I will unfortunately have no interest in....shame
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
The only way I'll play FIFA is when you can control your players lives off the pitch, their random sex with desperate pop stars and other players wives, their court injunctions and all the rest, like the Tiger Woods game on South Park, that would be fun.
LFC Bywater's avatar
The Tiger Woods game on South Park was amazing...
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 4 years ago
Oh boy, cannot wait for more of my brothers moaning at me about EA and their servers. Oh the joys.