Bros and eh.. Foes: God of War Trophy to be renamed

Sony Santa Monica has confirmed it will amend the title of God of War: Ascension's trophies following criticism.

The "Bros before Hos", trophy was criticised for popping up after Kratos smashed the face of one of him female enemies, although the trophy was not actually related to this action, but rather the action of their brother.

"We have created and will soon push out a patch for God of War: Ascension that alters the title of one of the game Trophies. The text was offensive to some members of our community and impacted their enjoyment of the game," the statement read.

Edited On 12 Mar, 2013

Comments
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Those Hos do have a large community presence, we should get them to request a final fantasy 7 remake! or a patch for tomb raiders achievements so i don't have to grind for 60 hours (#1 12/03/13)
I've seen your comments about Tomb Raider MP achievements in like more than 7 different topics. lol
BARIS 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
It's become my dream in life to get this into every thread possible on all sites i visit
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
It's a dream I fully endorse too!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
I've had to give up! it would be too easy to do with today's headlines too lol
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Anyone who plays GOW should not be offended by this. Fact.
True.
BARIS 4 years ago
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
I think this is a smart move alot of reviewers have moaned about this, and i even heard one say if he wasn't reviewing the game he would of just stopped playing the game for good.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I think you are joking, but tone is so hard to convey on the internet.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
lbs's avatar
lbs 4 years ago
What would be good now is if they replaced Kratos with an interesting character..... the game would almost become playable....
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
What an absolute load of rubbish! OK, before I carry on, I personally don't have a dog in the fight either way. I couldn't care less, it's just a trophy. BUT, this is just another instance of a dev and a publisher cowering to a vocal minority. it's the same as the Taliban being changed to OpFor in Medal of Honor. It's a stupid reason to patch a game. Considering this is a series of games that demonstrate a staggering amount of violence towards men, women, animals, whatever, surely a stupidly named trophy is very low on the list of things to whinge about in this game. I mean come on. You can't cry about something like this after in previous GOW games you "saved" a woman (a god if I remember right) simply to throw her into a gear mechanism to open a door!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
speaking of changing achievements.....
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
You know, this is just proof that it's possible. Time to get those Tomb raider ones changed Square/Crystal
troublemaker 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Thing is, Dante's Inferno had a 'bad nanny' trophy given to it for killing a infant in the game. It didn't pander to the minority arguments.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
It caused a big stir though. The problem there was, Dante's inferno had already caused so much hell (no pun intended) for EA, after the Sin to Win comp, and the Fake protests, that the Bad Nanny trophy was easily forgotten.
troublemaker 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
It caused a big stir, because news outlets picked it up and ran with the bad EA campaign that had been pushed out for Dante's Inferno, which had even made it into the Superbowl commercials. It keeps the game in peoples minds as they didn't buckle to pressure.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Lol. I had to comment here. Speaking of changing achievements. Just had a trophy pop in Tomb Raider, crashed the PS3 and now I got a corrupt game save. Lovely. Guess I'll get more playtime out of it.
Robichoico 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
People have just got too sensitive, everybody says bros before hoes, and the game is an 18 rated game right?
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Aminu 4 years ago
I fee guilty since this trophy made me lol. But yeah, women have somehow taken over the world of gaming too.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
This has been a truly embarassing spectacle to behold from beginning to disappointing end. That reactionary internet white knights backed up by people pushing an agenda against this game can garner so much attention over something so trivial is just horse shit. Really disappointed in Sony Santa Monica for caving in over this... but on the other hand, if this is the best complaint people are able to come up with to run the game down, then it's heartening to take away that they must have nailed the rest of it nicely. Looking forward to getting it on friday... even if one of the trophies I earn in it is going to have the unmistakeable taste of cowardice about it :(
troublemaker's avatar
If it's being patched out, I wonder if I don't allow the patch if I get to keep the original trophy? Hmmmm.
troublemaker 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
But I don't believe in putting my bros before foes... It's hard enough to have them before hos as it is
sam 4 years ago
"Apparently the offending trophy, which was named by one of the studios female producers, will now be renamed "Bros before Foes". I love how they mentioned this brilliant. also these people have clearly not played the game if they're offended by "Bro's before Hoes"
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
with my newly acquired ps3 ill be getting this once ive played GoW 3 :D im a happy chappy will be hear tomorrow!
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Love how this is the offending thing is in a series that has a sex mini game in each installment and 3 had a part where you threw someone (a girl? Memory is foggy) into a cog and won a trophy titled 'I didn't do it. But I wish I did.' It's kinda hilarious.
Artemisthemp's avatar