Black Ops 2 to get "Micro Items"

Activision is to introduce microtransactions into Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

The publisher's official spokesperson Dan Amrich, revealed that an update releasing for the Xbox 360 version tomorrow will allow for "new, optional in-game purchases called Micro Items."

"This content contains either personal customizations or nice little luxuries that I've seen players request," Amrich says, "none of them affect gameplay, but they are small, specific ways to enhance your online experience."

The transactions will allow you to gain new Personalisation pack, which includes a unique weapon camo, targeting reticles, and a Custom Calling Card. A 'Flags of the World Calling Cards Pack', will also be released.

Personalisation Packs will cost 160 Microsoft Points, with Flags of the World Calling Cards Packs costing 80 MSP each. You'll also be able to grab extra slots to allow you to create more new character classes.

"At the end of the day, all of these items are completely optional, and were created for players who've asked for more customization options," says Amrich.

"If that's not you, that's fine."

If none of the above is for you then you can at least grab the Nuketown Zombies map, which will be released tomorrow for 400 MSP, while the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map will be released for free.

Edited On 12 Mar, 2013

Comments
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I'll be absolutely honest i didn't see this coming... Does COD not make enough money?
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
If there's an oppurtunity to make even more then why not. I can see this making Activision/Treyarch a lot of bunse
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
yeah sarcasm doesn't take to well in writing
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
if the option to add a sarcastic looking smiley was available then maybe
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
You can buy one for the small price of 160 Microsoft Points. Just search for 'Sarcastic Smiley' on Shoptos shop, and you'll be able to purchase it.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
How long until the first article in the Daily Mail? "Little Johnny the 12 year old racked up a £2000 bill on my card because he kept buying badges for cod!" This just seems like Acti jumping on EA's MicroTrans bandwagon. The problem is, it'll be successful, because it's being implemented into Call of Duty. And Acti damn well know it!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
That is the parents fault for allowing Lilttle Johnny to do it really. I remember letting my nephew play my PS3, so when I came back from Amsterdam, we stopped off at McDonalds on the drive back and I couldn't withdraw the last £20 out my account as it wasn't there. Borrowed cash from a mate, then when I got home, I noticed all these COD Maps downloaded on to my PS3 without being installed. Raged. Mum covered the costs and I didn't have to put up with my nephew in my room again.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
I'm not saying it's not their fault. But it'll happen. It always happens. My comment wasn't "it shouldn't be allowed because" my comment was "now it's there, this'll happen" Parents will never take responsibility because they expect the electronic babysitter they bought to do everything for them!
troublemaker 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
im so shocked by this announcement :O.....
0000000000 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Don't think it's too much of a big deal, as long as it is not gameplay altering then it's all good. Not going to pay money for a little emblem though.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
160 MSP EACH? For a few little skins and reticles? I'll pass thanks.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
money money money...............MONEY..
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
I don't have cod but i think little things like this are cool. But there are getting to be to many free to play mechanics coming into games that we pay for.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
People complain that there aren't enough layers to make emblems so they are charging people to buy them? why not just put it in an update?