PES 2014 coming to next-gen consoles, includes new physics and control scheme

PES 2014 will be released for current and next-gen consoles and is being developed using Kojima Productions Fox Engine.

Speaking in the latest issue of Edge, PES creative producer Kei Masuda talked about the changes to the game, specifically the overhaul to the game's engine.

"We couldn't really overhaul our old engine in the yearly development cycle," Masuda said. "The schedule was too demanding. We reflected on the difficult transition from PS2 to PS3 and could see the next-gen coming. We needed to make a new engine."

Apparently the new engine not only includes new physics, but also includes a new control scheme, which according to MCV, "detaches player movement from the ball and gives direct control to a player's centre of gravity." It also states that "Users will be able to independently control a player's body in relation to the ball, providing detailed control whether dribbling, feinting or even jostling for position off-the-ball."

So new graphics, new control and new physics. Sounds like this year's PES might be the closest challenger FIFA has ever had. We can't wait to find out more.

Edited On 14 Mar, 2013

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Sounds promising but I still think Fifa will be king
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Will give the demo a go as per. But since 2008 I haven't touched Pro Evos main game. Just feels like a poor comparison.
LFC Bywater's avatar
Same as me bud, always give the demo a try but haven't bought a pes game ever. Last football game I had that wasn't FIFA was this is football. I remember you could dive on it and everything lol
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I had TIF too. You'd basically just have to time the dive correctly, which was pretty easy as you couldn't really win the ball without a slide tackle, and the free-kicks would be so easy you could just dispatch them in every time lol.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Was still a great game though. The worst was fifa 2002 world cup on the original xbox. Could scored from an overhead kick on the halfway line straight from a goal kick.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Coincidentally, FIFA 2003 was the FIFA I gave up on. I left the series for the 5 years before playing it at my mates for 2008, seeing what they were doing with 2009 and decided to jump on it. Playing as Bayern in the Be a Pro mode was just brilliant.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I remember when PES was the footy game of choice, seems a long time ago now.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Yup. Back in the day. But it just didn't progress at all.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Craig 4 years ago
PES was definitely better than FIFA this time around. FIFA has become too focused on connected social nonsense and arcade style gameplay. PES is the better simulation of real football, and nothing EA has came up with has ever came close to rivaling Master League.
Johno Muller's avatar
I don't understand Master League, why is it regarded so highly?
Johno Muller 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
PES wasn't close to being better, it literally has nothing on it. But Master League, from what I remember, was just simple brilliance. No long loading menus, just simple play games, improve your players, retire them etc. Back in the days of no online, it was just brilliant. Alas, online always beats single player to me now.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
tomcat's avatar
tomcat 4 years ago
I played PES since ISS Soccer Deluxe on the SNES....stopped playing PES with 2008.... FIFA as been a better game. But i cant lie, i loved those good old PES days. I want PES to be the king again!!!
LFC Bywater's avatar
I'd rather Fifa stayed on top, but would be a good thing if PES could offer a bit more competition so Fifa would have to up their game a bit more. Fifa having more licensing is a big thing for me, Would rather play as Liverpool than "Merseyside Red"
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
FIFA having the competition is what pushed them to become better, which is a good thing. The main thing for me staying FIFA is my mates too, don't want to be missing out on any FIFA tournys or that because I'm slicing away on PES.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
tomcat's avatar
tomcat 4 years ago
Havak's avatar
Havak 4 years ago
I'm more of a Fifa fan as well now. This game will have to be great to pry me away.. And since I'm on Wii U it probably won't be.
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
Sounds good. At the moment I prefer Fifa but we'll see if PES can take the crown in the new console gen!