Sony recruiting new 'MVP's'

Sony is recruiting new "PlayStation MVPs" and if you are in the top one percent then you'll soon be getting an invite.

According to a new report via IGN, invites are being sent to players with lots of trophies and a wide range of games to their name.

Basically, once you get the email you'll be asked to fill out a lengthy questionnaire about your gaming habits and more. There is no further details as to what being an MVP will entail at the moment, but once we find out more we'll let you know.

Edited On 15 Mar, 2013

Comments
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Speaking of things in the top percentage, My Rattata is amazing
Rattata is a great Pokemon so good in fact that it can beat any non Ghost type Pokemon in existence ( But only if your opponent is a complete Idiot )
Congratulations, you win the internet.
Christine 4 years ago
screally's avatar
screally 4 years ago
My trophies are level 21 and I've received nothing so far. Wonder how high your count must be. IGN also mention people who support the community with walkthroughs, blogs, trophy vids etc.
Havak's avatar
Havak 4 years ago
Joey's Rattata is definitely in the top percentage, there is no doubt about that. This sounds interesting though!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Ahh, I'm a lowly level 18 on my trophy count. with a pretty poor 23 Platinum count. I shan't be getting that invite I don't think!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I suggest people go on PSNProfiles to see the true 'top percent' of people. Some of those folk are just mental. Hundreds of games, all platinumed. Since restarting my account I haven't even reached level 10 in trophys.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
ive got 5 bronze trophies :D proud lol
troublemaker's avatar
Guaranteed Entry mate!
troublemaker 4 years ago
If this is anything like the Xbox Live Rewards VIP thing there won't be any major benefits to it.
Johno Muller's avatar
Well the PSN equivalent to Live gold is pretty spectacular, so if this follows suit it would be amazing
Johno Muller 4 years ago
BARIS 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge will be a good candidate. He is the one who complains about Tomb Raider trophies in every piece of news. Couldn't see him recently, though.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Ha, I gave up on that endeavor; it was more of a running joke! besides my PlayStation score is rubbish as i don't play it apart from exclusives so I'm only about level 10 i think
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
So all those people who bought the likes of Hannah Montana, Simpsons, Megamind etc etc etc just so they can get 100% on their trophies in 5 minutes are gonna become MVPs while the people who play tons of different games with actual difficult trophies will get the shaft.
troublemaker's avatar
I rented Megamind, and just happened to plat it! haha! I quite enjoyed the game if I'm honest. a fun little platformin guilty pleasure. No hannah Montana for me though
troublemaker 4 years ago
lou86's avatar
lou86 4 years ago
well iv nearly got 10000 trophies with 128 plats an iv got about 300 games including psn games an i bet im still not in that 1% lol
Isome's avatar
Isome 4 years ago
well I only have 55 plats so I know I'm not in the top - however there is someone on my friends list who is Level 53 and has over 200 plats and they play loads of different games (although most seem to be Japanese). It sounds more like they are looking for testers. There are lots of people who think they are "pro-gamers" because they are really good at FPS games and should be testers. A mate of mine was a tester at Sony and told me there was a guy who worked there that was really into dancing and rhythm games, yet he could pick up any game on any difficulty and beat the final boss within 5 minutes, where other testers may be tearing their hair out over it after failing for the 20th time. My mate said, it use to really annoy the other testers, but it just goes to show that even though someone has a plat on Hannah Montana doesn't necessarily mean they are a bad gamer, just means they will play anything - which is what a tester does. They are paid to test games and not necessarily the ones they like to play No, I do not have a Hannah Montana plat
Robichoico's avatar
The Hannah Montana statement was due to the fact that you can get all of the trophies/achievements with no effort in a very short time. Like 30 minutes tops. Look around and you WILL see people with a large amount of Plats that do have these games filling up their list and when it comes to Plats that can take around 50-100 hours they will have played those titles for a trophy or two
Robichoico 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I'm in the top 2% on Trueachievements.com i think but that doesn't account for everyone, some peoples gamerscores are just ridiculous... I still have a career, friends and a partner. some of these people play for 15 hours a day on their blogs! my GT is 7 years old now too