Saints Row 4 dated for August, gets debut trailer

Saints Row 4 has been given a release date by its new publisher Deep Silver, along with a brand new announce trailer.

Deep Silver managed to snap up the rights to the franchise back in January and is now on an all out assault to make sure Saint's Row gets a heads up on GTA IV by releasing it the month before on August 23.

Saints Row 4 is currently slated for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Excited?

Edited On 15 Mar, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
It's a very good strategy to get it out before GTA IV, but I think if they had done a great job and put it out in the opening window for the next gen, they'd have sold much more.
troublemaker's avatar
Before next gen means a cheaper release. No engine rebuilds for new console etc etc. It's a smart move for Volition's new owners!
troublemaker 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
True it is cheaper and they'll be able to judge the appeal for the game.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Just actually watched the trailer. 'Climatic' seems like they're just releasing the one game. hmm.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
If it sells well (end of the typical summer drought, it's almost guaranteed) It makes it worth Deep Silver spending the money on SR4, and better, makes SR5 for next gen a real possibility. At least, that's what I'm hoping!
troublemaker 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
When it says end of a saga, maybe it just means that they will be moving away from stillwater now? I hope it means that anyway because Saints Row is an amazing series.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Yep, no way are they going to end it now, not after they've just paid out on the franchise, it will continue one way or another.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Doing myself a little white man dancing in excitement over this. I loved SR3. the most fun getting a platinum trophy I've ever had!
Johno Muller's avatar
The only thing better than chasing people with a giant floppy dildo is driving around with a tiger in your car
Johno Muller 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I like the cannon where you can shoot people out of, Might have to go play this again soon.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Professor Genki was the greatest idea for any videogame ever
Johno Muller 4 years ago
This easily trumps GTA V for me, autumn is going to be a busy time for game releases and I can only afford one sandbox game, so I'll go with the one that will be most fun.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I'll more than likely get both, but Saints row is better in my opinion.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 4 years ago
Looks like SR3 but even more silly
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Hope Saint Row 4 will have Co-op campaign and I can get my friend to play it with me
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i loved saints row 1 2 and 3 got better with each game BUT better than GTA! no way people i have to disagree with people saying that! GTA V for me hands down ill get this when its cheap! but its GTA all day!
troublemaker's avatar
I gotta disagree mate. I used to love GTA, it was fun, had a sense of humour and had the occasisonal bit of wackiness. but GTA4 went all brown and serious and it took itself way too seriously. I hated it. It was just boring. I played it for 4-5 hours, twice, and had done nothing! I own the complete edition and I can't even bring myself to put it in the drive. It bores me to tears! Saints Row, all the way for me
troublemaker 4 years ago
Yep, Rockstar really messed up with GTAIV and Saints Row took advantage of it, GTA has some serious catching up to do.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
As far as I'm concerned, GTA can easily recoup itself. It has to sort out driving again. This time it was too serious and everything, where as the driving in GTA III and Vice City felt fantastic. Also the main character. Nico was a very bad character, where as 'no speak' and Tommy Vercetti were quality characters to play as. Get them right this time round and GTA can be on top again.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
That trailer is insane. I love it! So excited for this game :)
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
Wasnt this originally Saints Row the dominatrix and the guys just built on it from there SR3 was ludicrous, over the top nonsense I certainly was more entertained and had more fun playing SR3 than I did the last GTA I just found GTA so repetative and just the same as previous GTA games......dont get me wrong both will be ordered
Baiken_'s avatar
Yeah i've heard this was suppose to be dlc for SR3 but are now making it SR4.
Baiken_ 4 years ago
Isome's avatar
Enter the Dominatrix was suppose to be standalone dlc but they ended up incorporating the "I'm a superhero idea" into SRIV. Saint's Row 3 was one of the best games I played In 2012. OTT chaos, ridiculousness and absurdity of Saints Row 3 was genius and why I will buy SRIV
Isome 4 years ago
sam 4 years ago
i couldnt focus on the trailer the writing was far too distracting, not very well produced, game looks like its gonna make me laugh loads from glitches though
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I enjoyed all the Saints Rows but I think 3 was getting a bit ridiculous. You just had to play the opening mission and you were swinging away on a safe hanging from a helicopter and fighting off a whole SWAT team. Then when these HUGE monsters turn up about 2/3 missions later? The reason the Saints Row series was so successful is because it rivaled GTA. I feel like they were trying too hard to try to move away from being a GTA'esq game and create it's own identity when it doesn't need to do that....... I'll still buy this though :D
Ridiculous is good, I'll take ridiculous over drab brown/grey realism any day.
TomWolvesFC's avatar
TomWolvesFC 4 years ago
Been contemplating whether to get Saints Row 3 for some time now, especially since it's so cheap. Is it any good?
LFC Bywater's avatar
Yeh its a brilliant game, the version you get with all of the DLC would be the one to get.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
This was definitely more up my street than GTA but both are great games! I never played 1 and 2 though ...
dam'ski's avatar
dam'ski 4 years ago
They had better come up with something better than pimped out headsets in their limited or collectors edition for this release.
dam'ski's avatar