Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns gets 'Dead Dunes' screens

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 has received a new batch of official screens which focus on the Dead Dunes.

Square have literally just sent these over, so they are hot off the presses. Check out the screens in all their glory below.

Edited On 18 Mar, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
as much as ive loved final fantasy pretty much my whole life! i think they have over played 13 to much now ill get it anyway as i own every other FF title, but i would rather prefer they move on or remake 7 8 and 9 :D
Johno Muller's avatar
FF 7, 8 and 9 will only get remade when Square are desperate for money, Imagine how much they will make off of them with current/future graphics.
Johno Muller 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
They've confirmed they won't make an FF7 until they surpass it with a future game.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
never going to happen then :( FF VII is the by far the best and no ff fan will turn down a remake they would make sooooooooo much money! please square i want it so much!! cloud is my hero!
0000000000 4 years ago
I wouldn't turn down a FF7 remake but my favorite is FF12
0000000000's avatar
FF12!!!! how!?????????????????????? i say that with love!
0000000000 4 years ago
I know it's concidered by many to be where the series went down hill but I just love everything about FF12 it's in my top 5 Jrpgs
''considered'' Typo
0000000000's avatar
i disagree but your opinion is always valued by me, everyone has different tastes! even if they dont remake 7 i would like them to go back to the old turn based system at least!
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I really liked 12, but the battle system was too easy, you didn't have to put in any work at all in to it. But it still had a good story to it, but IMO it's more forgetable than what 10 etc were. I miss the card games of 8 or 9 the most though, they were brilliant.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I admit FF7 & (In my opinion) FF9 are the best but my favorite is FF12 and the only things FF13 had going for it was that the combat system was incredibly fun and that it was incredibly beautiful but the characters were just plain awful ( I wanted to hit Vanille with a shovel for most of the game)
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
FF7 is over-rated ;) Only saved by a great villian and a good combat system.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
FF7 over rated!! :O how dare u! i agree saiyan vanille was a bell end! lol, am i the only 1 that finds lighting (for a computer character #FullOnGeek) quite sexy? :P lol
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Don't get me wrong, it is still a good game and very playable, but it just ranks further down on my list of FF games compared to others. It'd have to be 8(Mainly as thats what got me in to FF) > 6 > 4 > 5 > 9 > 10 > 7 > 12 > 13
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I can't speak for anyone else but i Hated Lightning for the majority of the game & on the topic of the FF12 battle system: it was fun but the gambit system was extremely OP
ASC's avatar
For me it was Hope that annoyed me for the first half of 13, right up until what I think is a miss-able cutsene where he trolls Vanille; I couldn't hate him after that.
ASC 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I'd like them to make a gritty industrial Final Fantasy again not these colourful fancy costumed ones.. Remakes would suit me too
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
After the obvious FF Versus game, I want them to go back to a turn based version of this. We never get turned based RPGs anymore, ever since they done away with them for FFXII.
ASC's avatar
ASC 4 years ago
Am I the only one excited about this game? sometimes it sure feels like it. Would also love to see game such as FF7 redone to current Final Fantasy visual quality, as would so so so many people.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I probably would be but I stopped playing FFXIII just out of sheer...no feeling. I need to get back to playing it, probably starting over, but it just seemed bleugh.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I played 13 and it was average, started 13-2 and the fact that it isn't the same kind of party system as the others put me off. Used to love finding new characters like Yufie and Vince (ff7) for my group, but on that one your just stuck with 2 annoying kids.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
ASC's avatar
Oh i'm not going to claim 13 and 13-2 didn't have faults (they had many) but once I hit the point on 13 where you can customise the party manually microing synegist/ reaver tactics was incredibly enjoyable for me. 13-2 had weak main characters, but I find temporal mechanics plots interesting and found working up the creatures for the 3rd party member slot really addictive. Its a case of just because I enjoy one system doesn't mean I dislike all others. 7, 9, and 10 are some of my most played games ever
ASC 4 years ago
Ah I remember when I got to Gran Pulse i think I had clocked up about 20 Hours and by the time I left Gran Pulse I clocked up over 100 Hours. Good Times
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 4 years ago
This may be the first Final Fantasy from the main series that I don't buy. It's a complete step away from the RPG genre that I fell in love with and it looks to be more DMC than Final Fantasy. Still, I'll wait to see what the end result is but so far, the FF13 franchise as a unit, has only done more to push me away from Final Fantasy than back in its loving embrace after the horror that was FF12
0000000000's avatar
like i and others have said, go back to the turn based old school FF and ill be sold all day!
0000000000 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Go back to 7, can get it on eBay for about a tenner and its still as awesome as it was before. I'm in the last cave and still getting stuck like in my childhood lol
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
ive got them all still :D started 7 again the other day being honest lol! my favourite game of all time!
0000000000 4 years ago
sam 4 years ago
Bleh, it all went downhill after 10. nothing will beat 10 the skill system was just amazing.
0000000000's avatar
7 is better than 10.. but i agree after 10 its gone down hill!
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
6 was the best. Fact it had each character with unique abilities, and some of the best characters with truely the BEST villian in the entire series.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
FFXIII Versus will most likely not be out before FF X HD or This game :/
FFXIII Versus has pretty much went the way of Half Life 3. It's a Myth
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 4 years ago
I probably will pick this game up, even though i haven't finished the other two before it *sigh* oh well. Also has Lightning dyed her hair blonde? lol
No I think it's the Lighting Lightning is standing in also I still have XIII-2 unopened from the time I got my PS3 from ShopTo XD
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Square have confirmed that Final Fantasy X-2 is gonna be included with FFX HD. So happy for this since I was one of the few people who enoyed that game. Guess it means one thing. We can cause so much....*puts sunglasses on* Paine. Eh. Eh. See what I did there :P http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/19/final-fantasy-x-hd-on-ps3-will-include-final-fantasy-x-2/
That's great news since I never got round to getting X-2 so playing it for the first time in HD will be good. Yeah