Rumour: Final Fantasy Versus now Final Fantasy XV

It's being suggested this morning that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is no longer a thing, with the development being moved to PS4 and the game being renamed Final Fantasy XV.

"Square-Enix announced Final Fantasy Versus XIII years ago and the game was lost in the limbo," says a post from VGLeaks, which doesn't provide a source for this information. "Square decided to halt Versus PS3 development two years ago, but the RPG wasn't cancelled, why? Two years ago, Square-Enix moved the game to PS4 and Sony got in the project."

"Actually Sony is co-developing the game with Square-Enix, therefore, this game will be exclusive on PS4. Square renamed Versus to FF15 in the middle of this process. Sony's studios are helping SE with FF15 assets among other tasks."

Square did suggest that it would be announcing a new Final Fantasy game at E3 for the PlayStation 4, although details remain vague at this time. We'd suggest taking the above with a pinch of salt, just incase this turns out to be false information.

Edited On 20 Mar, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
a FF exclusive to PS again :'( nooooooooooooooooo this might make me buy the ps4 over the xbox as i have all the FF games and its my favourite series of all time :( noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Johno Muller's avatar
Yes, get the PS4 it is your destiny.
Johno Muller 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
it seems to be looking that way!
0000000000 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
FF15 as a Sony exclusive is less impressive than Versus 14 being a Sony exclusive, I think with the potential of the PS4 they would want to bash out an MMO, but I suppose they don't want to have so many MMOs on the console.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I don't think this is true. I believe they may have a PS exclusive, it is quite possible, but they confirmed that the universe and the planned 3 titles(Versus, 13 and Adego or whatever) were still to be produced that way. I can't see them abandoning it to release further down the line as a new game set in the current XIII world. It may be a PS4 game, but it will still be XIII Versus. And a Sony exclusive.
They planned 3 titles but XIII already has 2 direct sequels and Square renamed Agito to Type-0 to distance itself from XIII. It makes sense to drop the XIII from Versus (or to rename it completely) because XIII is no longer the original Nova Crystallis trilogy they planned. It's often now referred to as Lightning's Saga.
Aimee 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
god that pic of lightning on the news feed needs to be changed, im so sad but i have a soft spot for her :P lol, where is this technology to throw me into a game haha!
Aimee 4 years ago
Square Enix never said a -new- FF was being announced at E3. They said -a- FF title will be announced (watch the presentation back and you'll see). It'll probably just be Versus name change and announced for PS4 instead. I wouldn't mind if its a PS4 exclusive. I'd prefer them to put all their resources into making the game amazing for one console and than try to make it playable on all systems.
Didn't I hear this rumor months ago i'm pretty sure i did
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
After the way Square have handled the series I don't particularly care anymore about their numbered titles. Bring on X and X-2 HD tho. The last good FFs