Ovosonico signs Sony exclusive deal

Shadows of the Damned director Massimo Guarini's new studio, Ovosonico, has signed on with Sony to create a new IP, according to a new report via Eurogamer.

"Ovosonico aims to challenge convention, to push the boundaries further and expand our medium by delivering innovative, emotionally engaging games that deeply resonate with people," said Guarini. "SCE Worldwide Studios Europe understands our vision and we are thrilled to partner with them."

Apparently the new game will be "movie-length," if what Guarini said back in May is anything to go by.

"There is so much more to be explored besides throw-away iPhone games and 40-hour long traditional productions. I think the best way for us to achieve our vision is to provide a strong emotional kick, packaged in a movie-length time frame, and sold at a reasonable price."

SCE Worldwide Studios Europe VP Michael Denny added, "It is through working with creative minds such as Massimo Guarini that ensures that the best exclusive games are only available on PlayStation and we firmly believe that this relationship will result in something special."

This could be interesting.

Edited On 20 Mar, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Considering it is £40 for a 7 hour long game, you'd think they'd get the 2-3 hour long one in at £15-£20.
I would hope cheaper than that, I consider £40 for a 7 hour game somewhat poor value.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Considering Blu-Ray films go for £20 to begin with, and a shedload of games go for £40 for 7 hours, it's the way they'll go.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
And that's why I don't buy many games or movies these days, most just aren't good value.
0000000000's avatar
i spend way to much money on my blu rays and games thats why 2013 is a slimming down of the expenses, i have only brought DmC and tomb raider at full price this year, and all i plan now is the last of us, splinter cell and GTA V on day 1! then we will see what next gen has to offer, but i agree with people the prices are expensive for what u get with most games why its probably best to only buy what you know you will love and is worth it! (sorry for rambling)
0000000000 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I'm seeing a journey length game in the future then. Hopefully at journey prices too. Whatever happens, I'm excited to see Guarini working with Sony. Anyone coming from under Suda 51's wing is one to watch
Johno Muller's avatar
And a gun called the boner
Johno Muller 4 years ago
It all depends what they consider a reasonable price for such a short game, anything more than a tenner and it's not that reasonable to me.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I don't want a game that I can be done with in 2-3 hours, I like my games to be long but don't feel long, take Mass Effect each mission takes about an hour or so to complete a play though is between 20 and 40 hours but I don't realise that until I check my save data and realise I just wasted 4 hours chasing Pijaks on an uncharted planet.
0000000000's avatar
but ME is amazing! simple as that, i do agree with you i cant feel like i know ive wasted hours, i like to look at the clock and go f**k me is that the time, ME and FF, basically RPG games for me do that
0000000000 4 years ago