PS Plus Update for April revealed

Sony has posted up details of the PS Plus update for April and yet again its an absolute cracker.

The first game being added to the service next month on April 3, is the simply stunning Okami HD. Capcom's reworked PS2 adventure sees you take on the role of mythical sun goddess Amaterasu, who takes the form of a wolf. Your task is to restore colour (or 'life') to the world by destroying the monsters who have stolen it.

Elsewhere in April is Lord of The Rings: War in the North, which is a fairly decent title, especially for free. Also arriving next month is the wonderful adventure title from Ron Gilbert and Double Fine, The Cave.

PS Vita fans aren't left out, with surprise hit Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward arriving for the handheld, while the simple outstanding Thomas Was Alone makes it's debut via PlayStation Plus for both PS3 and Vita at the end of the month.

Leaving PS Plus in April:

3rd April: Mass Effect 3
3rd April: Mortal Kombat
3rd April: Guardians of Middle Earth
10th April: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
24th April: Puddle

Entering PS Plus in April:

3rd April: Okami HD
3rd April: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
3rd April: The Cave
10th April: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
24th April: Thomas Was Alone

Edited On 22 Mar, 2013

Comments
Some decent content. The cave is definitely the best of the bunch for me, and Thomas was alone. I don't have much interest in the others. But I can't complain. so long as I download one thing a month, I'm happy
troublemaker 1 year ago
The Cave, Zero Escape and LotR were games I originally planned on buying. Glad I held fire to pick em up free now.
Johno Muller 1 year ago
LotR, okami and i think ill give thomas was alone a go, no idea what it is but im curious so ill read up at home tonight!
Shep _1 1 year ago
For my shame, I was never an Okami fan.
troublemaker 1 year ago
I've only heard good things about Okami so I can only say I'll download it. I'll deffo be getting the cave even though I struggled on the demo!
DynamiteWhyte 1 year ago
I'm the same I have no idea what Thomas was Alone is but i'm so glad Okami is there
Loli-Nox-Tan 1 year ago
got the cave on my 360! loved it such a genius title!
Shep _1 1 year ago
jealous now, wish Microsoft would sort there game out
Pyroloveridge 1 year ago
PS+ is the reason I'm not getting the Xbox 360 Two, I can get PS+ year subs for under £20 a pop. I predict by the PS4 I'll have membership to last me the console's cycle and I'll have spent less than £100 doing it. Be lucky to get 3 years XBL Gold for that price.
Johno Muller 1 year ago
It depends on if the minority of my friends get a ''720'' but either way i'll get a PS4 and be a PS+ subscriber for the whole generation
Loli-Nox-Tan 1 year ago
MS have been rumouring XBL Platinum/Diamond membership as a PS+ equivilent for an extra $/£20 a year on top of Gold since PS+ started to take off.
Johno Muller 1 year ago
For anyone with a vita you need to get Virtue's last reward. Fantastic visual novel with a great story.
Marc 1 year ago
Nice, been wanting to give Okami a go with a motion controller.
Gummy 1 year ago
About time we got some good stuff on the PS+ The past few months have all been stuff I own or don't care about. I had even just told my friend that I was planning on cancelling my subscription when it expires. But OKami is in my top 10 games and while I felt the Wii-Mote and DS Stylus fit the title more than the PS2 controls I'm itching to play it again....and try for 100%. Loved 999 but was holding out till cheaper. So totally going for that too. LOTR I got the limited edition back in November when Amazon had it on special for about £20. Game itself is kinda okish
Robichoico 1 year ago
Stuff like this makes me envy PS+. But I just found the PS3 so hard to like. I've had two and they both made expensive bluray players. If only XBL offered some 'free' stuff with my subscription.
Shoxy85 1 year ago
Dont get me wrong PS+ is a great idea but for me the past couple of months ive not had anything offered to me where ive thought hmmm ile have some of that but thats mostly down to already owning most of that on my xbox i would like a bit more of the ps exclusives added to this, i think its great that theyre starting to add a few more vita titles but hey i dont own one i think then this month i will have a look at the cave and okami, im with shoxy85 here i just find the PS3 difficult to love, in theory its an awesome machine but the downloads and the updates just make it tedious as hell im still up 4 some ps4 tho hopefully if they play how they say it could be spectacular
inspector 74 1 year ago