Latest Charts, w/e March 24: Gears of War arrives in top spot

This week's latest charts are in, showing Gears of War: Judgement as the number one game, despite selling four times less than the previous game in the series. Elsewhere this week sales of Tomb Raider drop 44 percent, although that's still enough to see it land in second spot.

Third place goes to Activision's Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, while FIFA 13 and Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 make up the top five. Sony's God of War: Ascension falls to sixth place, Monster Hunter arrives in seventh and EA's Simcity takes eighth spot. Far Cry 3 and Black Ops round up the top 10.

Here's the full top 40.

Top 40 Entertainment Software (All Prices), Week Ending 22 March 2013

1. GEARS OF WAR: JUDGMENT - MICROSOFT
  2. TOMB RAIDER - SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
  3. THE WALKING DEAD: SURVIVAL INSTINCT - ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
  4. FIFA 13 - ELECTRONIC ARTS
  5. SNIPER: GHOST WARRIOR 2 - CITY INTERACTIVE
  6. GOD OF WAR: ASCENSION - SONY COMPUTER ENT.
  7. MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE - CAPCOM
  40. ABBA: YOU CAN DANCE - UBISOFT

UKIE Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track

Edited On 25 Mar, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
And the god awful Survival instinct is number 3? Goes to show how much a name truly can sell a product!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Gears of War is number 1, name alone sells anything these days.
To be honest I'm surprised the walking dead didn't take the top spot, I have that much faith in people's blind stupidity. Nice Monster Hunter made the top ten though.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
how is ABBA: YOU CAN DANCE – UBISOFT not number one? sound like the best title.. :P
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
At least Gears has arrived somewhere. Because mines still not arrived yet.
I bet Activision have a lot of unhappy costumers
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Single biggest Wii U game release since the console launched and it doesn't even break the top ten (Going by individual console SKU chart, as 3DS version accounted for majority of sales overall). At least appears as though HMV's massive price cut on Wii U consoles last week caused a minor boost in hardware sales if NintendoLand scraping into the very bottom of the chart this week is any indicator. Good to see Gears at the top, but a shame to hear it's sold a lot less than Gears 3 did at launch... same thing as God of War last week... guess this console generation is all but done at this point.
Oh and I almost forgot. If you ask anyone who is interested in the game you will most of the time get this answer ''You get to play as Daryl'' with your answer being ''Who gives a flying ****)
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I'm gonna rent Survival Instinct because I want a new game to play
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Johno, do yourself a favour and rent Sniper GW 2 instead. It's not great, but if you're really hungry for something new it's definitely a better option than Walking Dead.
Rent it then do a Let's Play on it now that's a idea
Since we are going to play this game, I will play and I will win. Rent Duke Nukem Forever
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
im happy with that its expected nice to see monster hunter up there and tomb raider at number 2! was to be expected to be honest i dont plan on getting judgement until it hits the 20 quid mark but i hope people enjoy!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Sorry Saiyan, but Kinect Star Wars beats everything
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
Grand Theft Auto 1 in 21st place. It's doing well for a game released about 16 years ago!....
Nice spot Shoxy lol I didn't see that
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
It's really quite sad of me that I was the first to notice that haha
Or maybe we did notice it but we wanted to spare Joe the embarrassment huh did you ever think of that eh. FOR SHAME
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I didnt :( So I can only assume it is the original GTA making a come back like PJ and Duncan and not an error, as I tried to insinuate. Sorry :(
They just missed out the V, last time they missed the I.
I was only joking you made it sound like I was being mean. I liked the old school GTA games
Also what's this THQ I keep on seeing? No such company exists
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I was joking too :D
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
"1 and 3 is further proof that you could package a turd and slap a name on it and get it to sell in this country. Nice to see Monster Hunter did pretty well. Considering it's an obscure game I was expecting it to hit around 30." - There's nothing obscure about Monster Hunter. It's one of the biggest Japanese IPs, it's been the single biggest release on both Wii U and 3DS so far this year and it's actually seen reasonable advertising for a Nintendo exclusive title. Still sold garbage numbers however you slice it though. Somehow doesn't surprise me to see you (Inaccurately) labelling Gears a "turd" either. This another game you're going to pretend to have played so you can sound credible in dismissing it? It's not as good as previous games in the series maybe, but it's still better than just about anything else on this chart.
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
Not gonna argue that Walking Dead Survival instinct is a turd then? I would say that GoW is perhaps not a turd, but it is an uninspired and unneeded sequel/prequel to a franchise that should be allowed to pass, just like so many others at the end of this console generation.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Not played it yet. Played most of the other ones enough to form an opinion on the series. And considering this one is the least well received It's pretty much safe to say that If I played it. I would consider it a turd. Didn't you write off the new Tomb Raider game a few weeks back too? Despite not playing it? And just about every 3DS and Wii U game ever. It's times like this that I wish there was a block button on this site. Because you and all your alt accounts would be a good advertisement for it.
Well said Rob
To be fair Gears Judgement is a bit of a turd, but so is kevin, so that's probably why he rates it. ;)
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I haven't heard fromKevin in agggeeeesss. He still about?
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
He changed his name to PrometheusFan about a month or so back
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
bummer i missed the fun again
Quite an apt name change really, kevin does like crap, and Prometheus was probably the single biggest turd of last year.