GDC has it's biggest year yet in 2013

The Game Developers Conference 2013 in Las Vegas pulled in 23,000 attendees this year, making it in the largest crowd in the show's 26 year history.

GDC 2014 has already been confirmed and will take place on March 17th - 21st, once again at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, US.

GDC this year was dominated by companies showing off their next generation technology, Battlefield 4 reveal and the announcement of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Edited On 02 Apr, 2013

Comments
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
which is great, if you live in the US
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I wonder what will be announced next year, with all the new generation stuff this year.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
yup, all these decent shows and conferences are unreachable to most of us lowly peasants! Haha! I was so close to getting to Germany for GamesCom this year, bloody stoopid wife getting pregnant at the wrong time!
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
That is abit selfish of her mate :)
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Going to Eurogamer expo this year, should be pretty cool if I can get to some of the conferences.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
im in the same boat as TM, wife got pregnant i couldnt go anywhere like this, need to bring this to the UK just once! i told the wife not to get pregnant this year but nooooooooooooo she had 2, now when im having a nice drink on holiday shes going to make me feel guilty cause she cant drink, how is this fair people, i know i wont be drinking on my holidays :( i just know it
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 4 years ago
If you're looking for things in the UK similar to GDC, there's GameHorizon, Develop and the Edinburgh International Games Festival. They all focus on the developers and tech side of things rather than games. Looking for a GamesCom or E3 type affair? Eurogamer Expo has you covered in that respect.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Eurogamer is excellent! I went last year and I can't complain at the quality. But I wanted to go one up this year, had everything planned out got gamescom, things just went sideways! Eurogamer is out for me this year too, Others from department are going and can't have too may people off at the same time!