BioShock Infinite debuts at No.1 in the UK charts

And this week's UK Games Chart is in!

Irrational Games' BioShock Infinite skylines it's way straight to the top spot as it becomes the second biggest release of 2013 so far, behind last month's Tomb Raider reboot. TR also manages to hold on to the second spot after impressive discounting across digital and retail outlets.

Nintendo 3DS exclusive Luigi's Mansion 2 sneaks in at fifth and EA's bro-em-up fist bumps it's way to the sixth spot.

Also released last week was the Nintendo Wii U exclusive title, LEGO City Undercover which managed twelve place, we recently reviewed it and it's a quite fun. Be sure to check out the review here, when you can!

Here's the official UK games chart Top 20:

1. BioShock Infinite (2K Games)
2. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
3. Gears of War: Judgment (Microsoft)
4. FIFA 13 (EA)
5. Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
6. Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel (EA)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
8. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (EA)
9. Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft)
10. Crysis 3 (EA)
11. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
12. LEGO City Undercover (Nintendo)
13. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)
14. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (Activision)
15. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
16. SimCity (EA)
17. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
18. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
19. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
20. God of War: Ascension (Sony)

Edited On 02 Apr, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
No big surprises there! The month old Tomb Raider in second is the more shocking news now that we've had a few newer releases.
''Irrational Games' BioShock Infinite skylines it's way straight to the top spot'' Ha I see what you did. Anyhoo I haven't played it yet but from what I have heard from various people this is well deserved
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
im happy with this but not suprised, its immense game im very happy seeing tomb raider still up there i think 12th for lego city and 5th for luigis mansion are very good results as well, but bioshock is amazin and so is tomb so im very happy!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I think i will have to get this, can i hold out though for a rental instead?
Good showings from Luigi's Mansion and Lego City, sure kevin will have something negative to say about them later ;)
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
It's a spectacular game. My biggest concern was avoiding spoilers while I played! I didn't read a single review, a single article or watch any trailers before I finished it! THe game is well deserving of it's praise!
Of course
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
im starting 1999 mode tonight i think and i am dreading it :( lol
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 4 years ago
I'm glad someone noticed, SaiyanNox! I thoroughly enjoyed the game, there hasn't been a title for a long time in which I've just wanted to explore everything, see everything and just spend time in the world. It's a truly beautiful game that everyone should experience.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I have a pun filter, I don't see them unless they are pointed out to me. They are then followed up with a Kiff (Futurama) style sigh.
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 4 years ago
Puns a plenty this week! :D
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
yay for puns! Kiki, 1999 mode is alright. a decent challenge with a couple of crazy moments! towards the end it's a bit of an arse-ache, but not too bad! I went for that and no buys from dollar bill stores at the same time! nuts!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i think i may accept the challenge you have completed!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Being a trophy whore has it's downsides my friend! It was a lot of fun though!
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Very much deserved for Bioshock. Superb game. Very surprised to see Luigi's Mansion managed to scrape into the top ten, moreso that Lego City Stories managed to chart in the top 20 at all. Although to no one's surprise Monster Hunter crashed straight out of the charts this week. That series is simply never going to be relevant outside Japan.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
You are really just feeding your own stereotype now.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
He was called out.
Not like he needs any encouragement.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
starting to bore me to be honest! i know hes got a "I love nintendo" tattoo hidden on his left ass cheek lol
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I've seen worse tattoos!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I paid for my mate to get 'FIFA' tattooed on his arse after a 2 hour happy hour watching Celtic play in Europe. He thought I was the mug paying for it, then he woke up, sober, to realise what he'd done.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I despise Bathesda, but I don't rant about it in every single thread that has a Bathesda game mentioned
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i love bethesda leave them alone u bully! Lol and DW- genius u legend! ive done the same, except my cousin has a strippers name on his calf :P hes looking for a misses named betty now lol
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Or he's got the name of his daughter sorted lol
kevin probably does have a Nintendo tattoo, one of Mario I reckon, and he dresses up as Princess Peach at the weekends too.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Actually. If you break it down to the single versions Lego City actually got to 8 in the charts. A lot of the ones like Crysis 3 and Far Cry it took sales over all of the consoles to reach this high. Same happened last week. Wii U version of Monster Hunter wasn't as good (11th?) but including the 3DS one was much better. Here is the link to the individual chart if people want it. http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032 Surprised to see Monster Hunter disappear. But there were mentions of Stock shortages. We trowled the North East last saturday for a Wii U version and came away empty handed. God of War seems to have dropped pretty quickly too. Quite surprised at that
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Some of you really are a bit too "fixated" on what I post it feels like.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Thought kev had done one but i guess he's just changed his name. Oh well
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Ouch. Just noticed Sly Cooper was released. PS3 one hit 34 in the charts. PSV version didn't even rank. Shame. It's a pretty decent game
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Yeah, but it had a quiet, delayed, release. And reviewed with a damning amount of mediocrity! Behind all those other games, a stuck in the past platformer isn't gonna sell well
Has Sly ever sold well. I ask cos I don't know
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
It's still one of Sony's biggest IPs. I was expecting it to at least get into the late teens between the two versions. Reviews very rarely make a game sell bad initially. Look at the Walking Dead, Aliens and COD Vita. Those sold pretty damn well for what they were
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Advertising is king, and Sly 4 wasn't really advertised. I wouldn't mind seeing figures, but outside of the cult following it got on PS2, and the nostalgia trip some of us got with the HD Collection, I don't think it's as big as many think it is. Sony have a stable of massive IPs that overshadow Sly quite a bit I reckon.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Been many years since the last Sly game and it was never a big seller to start with. Seems the new one did decent enough numbers in the US last month though despite zero advertising. Also worth noting that the digital version is significantly cheaper than the retail version for it. It's done okay all told... just not so much on UK store shelves it seems.