GameStop: Next Xbox will be "a very hot, compelling device"

Morning all!

After yesterday's news about GameStop's exec VP being chatty about the PS4 getting a global release this year, the CEO J Paul Raines, has now said that the Nextbox (I really hope it's called that) will be "a very hot, compelling device" in a recent interview with GamesIndustry.biz.

"We've been spending a lot of time with Microsoft, but we have to let them take the lead on this, but it will be a very hot, compelling device. They are doing some really cool stuff, and I'm eager to hear them start their announcements because I think the world is going to stand up and take notice." said Raines.

He went on to say: "..We certainly don't believe that the new consoles won't be as exciting. There's a lot of demand for PS4, and I think there will be for the next Xbox as well, once it's announced."

Well..your move Microsoft! Raines didn't mention whether he would like to go on long beach walks or cuddle the new Xbox in front of an open wood burning fire, though it's pretty clear that he admires it.

You can read the whole interview over at GamesIndustry.biz.

Edited On 03 Apr, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
this can only be good news, and i am now so excited for something concrete now :D bring it on microsoft, im waiting!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I admit, when I read the headline, I thought of finding a picture just like that to inki to in the comments! DAMN YOU COLIN! FUNNY IS ALL I HAVE AND YOU'RE TAKING IT AWAY FROM ME! On topic, it's a pretty generic statement to make really isn't it. It's like saying, "when we start a new lottery, loads of people will want to win the money!" well DUH!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
As a man who will buy both consoles why don't i seem to be getting excited? Is old age stating to kill my buzz?
Old age, why you, you young whippersnapper.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
It's you getting older and wanting to know what the consoles look like before you start decorating your living room around them. You can't get excited until you know that you can buy that nice new black tv stand from Ikea you love so much.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I'm the same. I'll be excited when i see machines, release dates, prices and launch line-ups. until then, it's nothing but fanboy fodder
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
It's not a hardware race, the best console is going to be based on the software. Xbox players will get the xbox 360 two, and PS3 players will get the PS4, I'm fed up with MSBS that I'm doing something about it and going all Sony next gen.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Fortunately for me I have a room solely for my pastimes a "Man-cave" if you will, it don't require decorating as a chair and a TV it enough!! but you might be right on the looks thing, we still don't know what it looks like how can I get excited
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I got rid of my man-cave in exchange for getting a good sum of money per month :( It still hadn't transitioned in to a man-cave, but now that you mention it... By the time I own my second home, I'll have it, decked out in gaming/movie posters and the PS5.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Agree Johno - You can have Hardware from 10 years in future in your consol, but don't help, if it have no games. Look ad PS3, it was expensive (maybe actually been cheaper than Xbox 360, when look ad stuff build in), it had very few game and launch 1 year after 360. But look ad it now Xbox 360 is losing ground everywhere except US, because it don't have the exclusive titles Sony have.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Ah, i recently lost my man cave to a cot and a damn nappy bin! **** growing up!
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 4 years ago
I will fight to the death for my mancave!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
...I wish I had a mancave
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 4 years ago
Do you at least have a manchair? :D
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i actually need the new consoles to be white, else it wont go with my bedroom according to the wife! damn interior design! no man cave for me :( i might get a man shed and wire my 51 inch and consoles in there, and get a big guard dog! that is my only option bedroom or shed lol
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I have a mansofa...bed does that count?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I have a man chair! But the wife stole it so she could sit comfortably at the kitchen table to mark student's work! Seriously, i need a job that pays enough to A) buy me a bigger house and B) hopefully pay me to stay home playing games! Ah, pipe dreams! At 30 years old, the only way that happens now is with a lottery win! Fingers crossed!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I have a man bean bag. And it only made its way in to my house when the girlfriend went to visit her family in Luton for the weekend. It's comfy as hell.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i had a lazyboy chair, but the kids broke it :'( i dont think ive felt pain like it in my entire life when they came to take it away :'( number 1 tip for future parents, keep kids of chairs, nothing wrong with a good rug/carpet! im so renovating my shed and getting a big dog and lots of locks!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Chairs!??! My kid is being rigger taped to the wall. it's the only way to keep everything safe!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I've had the same chair for nearly 12 years now, we've seen a lot of games together
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
Really looking forward to Microsofts reveal. I'm starting to get a bit impatient for all of this now. We've seen a bit of the PS4, we've been told about some cool looking games...after Microsoft have had their reveal and we know what both consoles look like and what their prices will be like (E3 for that maybe?) then I wish I could just fall asleep and wake up really close to the release date of whichever console I decide to go for :D
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Hopefully it won't be TOO hot... Seeing as Microsoft have had a bit of trouble with that in their previous consoles :/
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Get your mate Butters to dig you under some snow, then he'll wake you up in time to be first in line.