Thursday Chat - April 4th

Right! Let's get the daily chat going shall we?

As you've probably already noticed, there isn't much happening at the moment. The postman just delivered a leaflet with all the latest offers for the local Coop, the supermarket that is and not the cooperative multiplayer game type. Ben & Jerry's is half price. I might fill a bathtub full of Phish Food.

So what shall we start with today? What music is everyone listening to and looking forward to this year? Feel free to post a link to any songs.

Colin

Edited On 04 Apr, 2013

Comments
The Metal Gear Revengeance Soundtrack. I know I haven't played the game yet but that soundtrack is so Amazing it's been Pre-ordered
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
forget the music, lets jump on this fill the bath with ben and jerrys idea, got to be baked alaska/cookie dough combo!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
SaiyanNox, it's even better in game. I have Ben and Jerrys Peanut Butter one to try in my freezer. I've also been trying to get some gym music. Right now I've got 'all killer no filler' from Sum41 blasting through and it is doing its job. I've got the foo fighters greatest hits too, but just looking out for some more. I've ordered Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty too, just to complete my hard copys of the Ratchet main series(Only one I don't own is All4One which I have on PSPlus). 2 away from a gold membership now too...
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I won tickets to see the StereoPhonics on November which is awesome
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
just finished listening to the dark knight rises sound track in all fairness, me and my mate at work always blast it on pay day for some reason lol!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Currently listening to a mix of Shinedown, Slash, Art of Dying and Disturbed. And any of the poor bastards that follow me on twitter will know how excited I am waiting for the Device album next week! haha! Now, about this ben and jerrys offer. Is this a nationwide thing? can I pop into my local and get enough of the chocolate fudge brownie (the greatest B&J Ice cream) to fill my bath?
I can't remember what sent me over to the gold membership. Is there any way to see?
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
BAKED ALASKA/COOKIE DOUGH is the best, end of :P
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge - Niiiiiice! Never seen them live myself but I've always though Kelly Jones had a pretty good voice.
Well I was listening to the MGR soundtrack last night but right now i'm listening to Undead Corporation: The Core
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 4 years ago
SaiyanNox - Probably your last game purchase...if I understand the system. I can't remember if it's 15 or 20 purchases in a 12 month period. ShopTo's reward system is considerably better than another retailer who shall remain unnamed - in my eyes anyway!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Yeah, but you have to say that :P Haha!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Baked Alaska? MY WRINKLY LEFT BOLLOCK! Chocolate fudge brownie all the way my friend!
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 4 years ago
Troublemaker - Haha...well...I don't think I've purchased a GAME there.. (see what I did there?) in over 2 years.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
In October I'm going to see Alter Bridge at Wembley with Shinedown and Halestorm as support acts, I JUST had to sit in a classroom to test the speakers because the teacher complained before the holidays about them so I was listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOuHOReYl9U Shinedown - Amaryllis which is a pretty spectacular album, just ask Mr Troublemaker. As far as Ben and Jerry's go the new Raspberry and white chocolate Cores are freaking tasty.
That's why i'm here the reward system is Amazing it's way better then the few I can think about
troublemaker 4 years ago
Teehee! Yeah, I saw that! Subtle as it was. Err, yeah, one or two for me, generally on some kind of trade in deal!
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 4 years ago
In musicy things...May is shaping up to blow my tiny ear drums out of time and space. Daft Punk and The National releasing albums on the same day, May 17th! If you need me around that date, I'll be found in my room slowly gestating into a wonderful musical gloop on the floor. Bring cleaning equipment.
It was Darksiders 2 or Sleeping Dogs that sent me to Gold membership on 17/12/13
troublemaker 4 years ago
Except maybe clubcard points! Nothing like buying £300 of games in the autumn game season, only to get a voucher for 50p off some jam and 20p off a box of minty condoms! Greatest. Reward Scheme. EVER!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
The best OST has to be the Tron Legacy soundtrack by Daft Punk.
troublemaker 4 years ago
Fight Club OST by the Dust Brothers! Greatest OST ever, followed closely by the OST for The Rock
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 4 years ago
Troublemaker - Hah...enough Tesco chat. I'm a nightshift worker for the great Tesco war machine. In fact...I was there last night until 4am :D
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
The OST for Reservoir Dogs because it was the Super Sounds of the '70s
troublemaker 4 years ago
Wow, I'm throwing offense at you from all directions today aren't I? Haha! Wish I could get a night job there. Could do with a 2nd job and the staff discount!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I've got the 28 'seperate purchases' bought, so if I bought 2 games now, I'd have it until the date ME3 came out, then after that if I got another I'd have it until FIFA came out so a good time to use it really. Especially with Last of Us and GTA etc coming out.
One of the best game soundtracks I have are The World Ends With You/It's a Wonderful World and the Persona 4 absolutely amazing
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
And working in supermarkets has to be the easiest job ever! I worked in Sainsburys when I was at school and the time passed quick as hell..
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
your wrinkly left bollock tm?? :O why the left 1? is something wrong with mr right :P lol
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I've worked for both Morrisons and Tesco and it is great right up until they realise that you aren't gonna be there much longer then they get a little arsey with you.
Now, GAME soundtracks? I've got to say Deus Ex: Human Revolution
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i worked for somerfield then it was brought out by co-op then i worked at blockbuster games that went bust, retail is easy work in all fairness, now im a stock controller, full of stress shit wage :(
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
the time they were arsey with me was just because they wanted to do over-time and stuff, but it rarely interested me outwith a sunday where it was time and a half/double time.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Deus Ex: Human Revolution OST is so good they are advertising films with it.
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 4 years ago
troublemaker - Oh I don't mind. Tesco isn't fun but it's the safe money, games writing is the future plan. I've got to fund my way to E3 somehow!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Colin, Yeah, I can see that. My job is piss poor as jobs go, but it's in education, so it's pretty secure! I'm a bit old, and completely unqualified to do games or film writing like I would like to, so I do it on the side as a laugh. Completely amateur, I can't be moaned at for my quality!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Kiki- Nope, nothing wrong with either, but the right is my favourite!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
left is mine, seems to be the 1 the kids dont go for lol!
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
At the moment I am listening to one of my favorurite bands Inkubus Sukkubus. I am going to see them live on Saturday so i'm getting myself in a happy mood by listening to them today! :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLfNBRhKIJQ
troublemaker 4 years ago
The left is the one I keep accidentally sitting on!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Sorry all, Once I start, I can't stop. I should not be allowed in polite society!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I trapped my leftie on the toilet seat yesterday.. painful is an understatement
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
@Cathe, I liked their Paint it Black cover
troublemaker 4 years ago
The problem with me, is that you say that, and all i can hear is a cartoon style "boooooing" in my head as I imagine you standing up! Something may actually be wrong with me!
No worry's TM I would say 90% of the people here shouldn't be allowed in society
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
You don't have to work with him though, just sits there giggling to himself half the time
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 4 years ago
Arrested Development new episodes on Netflix - MAY 26th!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Never was a fan of Arrested Development. I could never get in to it!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Ban and jerrys half price? be right back....
Defiance finally turned up, and it's got a compulsory install, not much room left on my HDD now, could have done without the 20 minute install time too.
Then there's a 15 minute patch which keeps disconnecting from Live half way through. It's a joke, glad I never bought it if it can't even install properly never mind run.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I'm out of the music loop. Pretty much everything non-gaming music I own is from about 20 years ago. Music was better then. But hey. If Pixie Gaga Direction are still around in 20 years then I'll give them a shot. Gaming music wise. There's a lot I like. Nier and Xenoblade both have fantastic soundtracks, as does the Zelda series. I wish they would get us a Smash Bros Brawl CD out. I did get the Mother vocal soundtrack. Which is sung by British Singers in english. Kinda ironic considering we have never seen any of the series yet.
[*`_'*] Oh how in name name of Arceus did I forget about the Zelda soundtracks.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Did you forget about the Pokemon Soundtracks too?
Oh come on [.>_<.] I just realized Pokemon has a kick-ass soundtrack