Weekend Newsround - April 7

Hello everyone, I hope you have had an enjoyable week, I know I have, between staring at monkeys in a zoo and building bricks in LEGOLand. But anyway, its time to get back to the serious business that is gaming news. So what's been happening this weekend?

Aliens Colonial Marines canned on Wii U

We actually reported on this one quite a while ago, before SEGA came out and denied it. Well, once again these rumours are rearing their ugly head, with German site 4Players stating that SEGA has been doing the rounds at numerous retailers, advising them that the game is now cancelled.

We'll contact SEGA in the morning and find out soon.

A new LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita?

PlayStation France CEO, Philippe Cardon has told French site Pockett that "another" LittleBigPlanet title is due to launch on PlayStation Vita.

Speaking in respect of upcoming software for the Vita, Cardon said that both Soul Sacrifice and LittleBigPlanet would lead 2013 software sales for the platform, when quizzed on this, since LBP for Vita is now a year old, he suggested that he was talking about an all new game. Interesting.

Remember Me PC Specs

Capcom has released the PC Specs for its upcoming action title, Remember Me.

Here they are:

Minimum

- OS: Windows Vista/XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Processor: Intel CoreTM2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or better, AMD AthlonTM X2 2.8 Ghz or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 9 GB free hard drive space
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS or better, ATI RadeonTM HD 3850 or better
- DirectX: 9.0c or greater
- Sound: Standard audio device

Recommended

- OS: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Processor: Intel CoreTM 2 Quad 2.7 Ghz or better, AMD PhenomTM II X4 3 Ghz or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 9 GB free hard drive space
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or better

Ninja Theory teasing something new

Devil May Cry and Enslaved developer Ninja Theory has been teasing a new game on twitter. The official account posted up the words:

"Looking forward to showing you something new from us soon."

What could it be? I'd still love to see Heavenly Sword 2, although that would be up to Sony. Imagine that as a PS4 launch title though? Nice.

What do you think of this weekend's news? Anything catch your attention?

Edited On 07 Apr, 2013

Comments
Nope nothing. Now back to Neptunia
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Clearly, Joe has been having withdrawal symptoms from not being at work! News over the weekend was pretty quiet, although the Ninja Theory thing could be interesting! Hope you enjoyed your hols Joe, I'm off out for a curry and a few drinks with a mate! Haha! See you all on the morrow!
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I think I'd be more excited for a new LBP if I didn't know there would be one out soon for LBP. And the Vita one was more than a rehash. Speaking of stale. Anyone see the new Pokemon? A Mewtwo form.....seriously? Was already overpowered XD Pokemon is fun and all but I don't really care for the Legendaries.
Personally I don't think it IS Mewtwo but it will be related to him. It just wouldn't make sense to give one of the top Uber Tier Pokemon a second form but I'll reserve my judgement till I see the movie
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Well Deoxys has multiple forms. As does Shaymin and a bunch of others.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
I think it's going to be Mewthree, X + Y are genes and Mewtwo was a clone of Mew from team rocket I believe, so i think this one is going to be either Mewthree, or the new Team rockets attempt to clone Mew.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
" I think I'd be more excited for a new LBP if I didn't know there would be one out soon for LBP." - Makes sense.
But the Deoxys forms each do one thing well but Mewtwo is just a all round monster
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Should have been 'if I didn't know there would be one out soon for PS4.' because we all know it'll be on that within the first few months
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Oh yeah, Bravely Default FINALLY got confirmed to be coming out over here. Just need to wait for shopto to put it up. Can't wait for it. That reminds me. I'm seriously considering finishing up on Persona and then selling my Vita. I don't normally do this with consoles (save for the first X-Box) as I like to keep them. But one of the major news stories this weekend was that Namco aren't gonna bother bringing both of the Tales of games out over to the west.. And there's really nothing at all coming out for the Vita that I would pay good money for. Wouldn't mind normally but considering there's been nothing out since Persona landed back in November it's kinda feeling pointless. Dunno whether to get rid now while price is higher and retain the memory cards and some games in case it comes down in price in the future or just wait till E3 and hope some games get announced there.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I have a feeling its Mewtwo X and there will be a Mewtwo Y as well..