Monday Chat - April 8

What's this Let's Chat business all about? One of Colin's bright ideas I imagine. Anyway I like it, so lets keep it around.

So what were you up to last week? Play anything interesting? What games did you play over the bank holiday weekend?

Also since I missed most of the gaming news last week, what was your biggest story of the week?

Get chatting below.

Edited On 08 Apr, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
biggest story for me was that idiot saying deal with it about the xbox always on always connect, yeah i tweeted him some verbal :P and i played a bit of halo 4 and in all honesty just watched films as i have the dreaded man flu!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Plagiarism?... Morning All :) Bioshock infinite was my story of the week
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Last week we petitioned to keep Colin and replace you but it doesn't seemed to have worked. I have played Borderlands 2 just hit level 55 and I just ploughed through Mass Effect 2 with my Badass Bitch FemShep working on Mass Effect 3 going for a clean up of the Achievements I'm missing and DLC. Biggest story was the MS employee mental breakdown I think.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
The MS employee thing is interesting. I think MS may have a rather interesting announcement coming soon.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
MS need to come out and deny it or admit to it, either way they have to officially say something, if its lies surely his job is on the line, if its true surely his job is on the line for leaking lol
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
All they need to do is come out and say that it was all BS and propaganda and everyone will forgive them immediately, Like if a racist homophobic suddenly got cancer... that was a bad comparison.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I done next to no gaming over the weekend! A mission on Crysis 3 was about it. was a really quiet one for us! The MS story was probably the biggest one for me too. just to see how far the guy could go before he got fired. MS's statement was rather vague outside of "his thoughts are his own" it said nothing! Welcome back Joe, hope you enjoyed your week off
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
LEGOland was fun. Did you know they have an Xbox 360 gaming zone? Interesting fact.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
lol got to love johno! and yes welcome back joe :D still hope colin shows his face he was a good laugh last week deserved a lot of credit and made quite a few fans on here! even joe has kept his idea going cause he is that damn good! :P
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
New competition starts now. Get your reviews in everyone :D
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I've been at work for an hour n half and I've already run out of things to do. Well, productive things.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
ive been at work 1.5 hours too and ive not yet done anything, im blaming the man flu! its halting me in my tracks in all fairness, motivation is at 0 and i hate my work so much i dont see why i should put effort into my job anymore
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Been at work for almost 3 hours, and apart form stopping for coffee with a contractor, I have barely stopped! More pay please!
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
There isn't enough time in the day. I've only had one green tea.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Well, I found five minutes, so I sat reading the Job spec for the community manager for SCEE that's come up and wondering if I can wangle an interview. Shame of it is, while I can do most, I guarantee I get no interview! oh well. Would love to move back to London too! Right, enough day dreaming, back to work!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Been playing FIFA and GOW:A. I really like the multiplayer on GOW so figure I'll put some time in to that this weekend. Think this may be the first GOW I could do on 'hard' mode too... - On FIFA front I've figured out how I'm going to play at this tournament with a few 4 1/2 star teams if I get them, but some I'm puzzled completely as they just don't seem to fit my style. I have Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs, Leverkusen, Dortmund, Schalke, Fiorentina, Milan, Inter, Lazio, Roma, Sevilla, CSKA, Galatasaraay sorted. Porto, Atletico Madrid, valencia and Napoli are the most confusing, as they are all strong teams, but I just can't work out how to get them playing well...
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
News has went quiet for now. Typical. Luckily I have a preview to get started on :D
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Was playing Persona 4: Golden and Atelier Totori Plus in the Vacation + GoW: Ascension MP with a friend Saturday. Now I went on to play Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, which I hopefully can Platinum, so I can keep my Platinum streak with HDN games intact
Was only playing Neptunia (Close to a Platinum) and played a bit of Corpse Party; Book of Shadows each night
Played some more Bioshock Infinite over the weekend, must be about 4 or 5 hours in now and it's still not grabbing me, finding some of the racism in it a bit distasteful too.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Your supposed to! That's kind of the point to the game, in my humble opinion.
I suppose it makes a difference if you get in to the story, but like I said it's not really grabbing me so far, so it just feels like it's there for shock value alone to me.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
People in 1912 were racist, who knew?
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I have this morning received an Assistant at work for 2 hours a day! easy life for me now
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
Because i'm not much of a singleplayer sort of guy i have been sinking many hours into gears of war judgement, must of sunk 100+ hours in online since release. currently rank 30 7th re-up if anyone wants to party up add me on xbox live Joes Gnasher
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
bioshock is a contender for goty for me as is tomb raider, i suppose games just like anything is all to your own preferance, i have friends who love cod, but i hate it, i have friends who hate final fantasy, well ex friends :P and i love it. bring on another bioshock sooner rather than later i say
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I have a friend whose only single player game is Borderlands 2
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Margaret Thatcher has died.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
I would love to be able to get into singleplayer games, but if im not wrecking someone online then its not fun for me.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i prefer single player games especially story driven games, yeah i love shooting someone online or destroying them on fifa! but cant beat a good campaign!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
The only singleplayer games i have managed to play and get into this year has been tomb raider and far cry 3
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
It is all dependant on me. You can't beat wrecking people online at FIFA imo. But GOW, Bioshock, ME, Uncharted etc. are all brilliant single player games that their story takes me on and I just want to play more by myself, without others slowing me down.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
If a game doesn't have decent story then the online needs to be sublime, which apart from Battlefield is rare. Gears of War has a decent story that got weaker with every itteration and the multiplayer didn't improve. I never finished 3 I got as far as the petrol station and spoiler dying, and the multiplayer was still as bad as the second minor improvements.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
In terms of next gen console which will you be purchasing and why? personally i will be buying microsoft's just for the fact ill be holding out hoping for another gears of war game :)
Thatchers been dead a while DW, they've just been sitting on the news until they had something that needed burying in the news.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I'll be getting the PS4 because I have PS+ sub to Sep 2015 and Microsofts recent trends towards Usher dancing away instead of showing off amazing new IPs, but if the later market changes like it did this gen where the PS3 became stronger once they removed the ego and MS balls'd up their exclusives, I may get the xbox 360 two at a later date.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I spent most of last week playing Bioshock 2. I had recently played and got platinum trophy for the first Bioshock, which I thought was a great game. I have finished Bioshock 2 but it wasn't as good as the original Bioshock in my opinion. Perhaps it was because I played them back to back and I got a bit bored of Rapture.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
JM whats your psn?
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Spear 25 - It's just a general opinion that #2 isn't up there with 1. 1 was a masterpeice where as 2 just didn't seem to be in the league. Apparently, a return to form for #3 though.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
indeed it is a return to form for #3... amazing game!
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I will probably get Bioshock Infinite but since spending a lot of time on Bioshock recently I will wait a while before I get it.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
Very quiet news day today, wish someone would announce something :D
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
give us your opinion on all these xbox rumours joe, u think MS are going to come good or all this bad stuff in the press is going to turn out true! im hoping not :(
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
Here's a topic which causes plenty of controvery, which do you prefer the xbox or ps3 and why guys?
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
MachineKing90 is my PSN Mr. FemShep.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Tootell - I prefer the PS3 because of free stuff is always nice... but I play my 360 more than anything because that's what I have my 500+ hours of Mass Effect sunk in and my friends all play 360 for Battlefield and Borderlands 2.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
PS3 for me. My XBOX was one of the original premiums, so I had to have all these attachments to it, and it made a load of noise. It had some great games in Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War etc. But then they weren't solo-xbox games for long. My mates all have PS3's for my multiplayer needs too. Plus, Sonys unique games are much more my taste with the likes of GOW, Uncharted and Infamous.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
already got u on there JM lol. is your 360 gtag the same? now ive got a ps3 im glad i have for infamous and uncharted etc, looking forward to ni no kuni! but i still prefer my 360! and i really do hope the next xbox pulls it out the bag, sadly not looking the case at the minute
You could give my Review it's own page Joe. Just saying
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I prefer the PS3 because of the Sony exclusives. Personally my favourite is the Uncharted series, I hope Uncharted 4 will be a PS4 launch title. I can't wait for The Last of Us too, looks like another great exclusive.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Seems the 'Tales of...' games are going on sale now. Graces F and Abyss, are they worth a look?
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
My 360 tag used to be that, then I changed to Johno Muller (surprise) and lost a bet to a mate and changed to LongDongSylvar (no regrets btw)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Whyte. The Tales of games are preytt awesome. While I still feel Symphonia is the best both Graces and Abyss are good. Vesperia is decent too. Which brings me to my next point. PS3 easily for me. Both consoles have mostly the same games but PS3's exclusives (Ni No Kuni, PW, Tales of Graces are better than X-Boxes' which only really had Tales of Vesperia, half a dozen Halos, Gears of War and Kinect stuff. PS3 also gave a free online and a blu-ray player. On the topic of last weekend. I played Lego City and then Luigi's Mansion 2 while the gamepad recharged.
I suppose I should have a bit of a party tonight, always promised myself one for Thatchers death.
Xbox also has Lost Odyssey Rob