Fuse won't use online pass or microtransactions; demo incoming

A new Q&A for Insomniac Games upcoming title, Fuse, suggests that it won't include any Microtransactions and will receive a demo close to its street date.

In the new FAQ published on the game's official website, the studio confirms that the game won't use microtransactions or even an online pass.

Fuse has been getting a bit of a hard time ever since its name change from Overstrike. We're willing to give it a chance to impress us when we review it later next month.

Fuse releases for PS3 and Xbox 360 on May 28.

Edited On 09 Apr, 2013

Comments
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
No Micro-Transactions sounds like a great idea to me, but not a sound business strategy for what is supposed to be an online only game?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
This game seemed to lose all it's character once it changed to FUSE. And a co-op focused game probably mean a co-op dependent demo. I shan't bother I don't think! It's an EA published game. Until it's released, I won't believe that it doesn't come with an online pass!
Nice try, but they could be giving the whole game away for free and I still wouldn't be interested.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
no interest in this what so ever!
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Yet you're interested enough to be posting on every article about it Gloria. Regardless, good to see Insomniac have managed to get away from EA's online pass obsession for their game. They've got the benefit of the doubt with regard to Fuse from me at least as they've yet to make a game that's actually bad.
XenoNick's avatar
XenoNick 4 years ago
Sounds like EA just want to get Fuse out. Doubt they'll do much to promote it either similar to Syndicate (which was awesome). It didn't come with an online pass and was pretty co-op dependent. Will at least give the demo a go and see what I think after that.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
He didn't say anything to you Shep, at all.... - Anyway, I liked the look of this but when they said that the characters are basically second part to whatever they're trying to do, when they were teh main part that I was interested in, it took a bad seat. Of the opinion of Kevin though, Insomniac haven't made a bad game yet that I've played, so I'll see how it goes.
>sigh< And kevin thinks I'm obsessed with him.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
'Yet you're interested enough t be posting on every article about it Gloria' - Where?
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
o shit i openly apologise, i completley miss read! 1 of them days!
You wish Shep, I think you'll find that kevin is my stalker.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Indeed Gloria, I fear I may be but one step away from posting about you in articles you haven't even posted in yet :D . DW, you can see for yourself what I mean by clicking the "Fuse" in the tags and looking at other articles about the game. And Shep, were you talking shit about me? That's okay, happens a lot here anyways :( .
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Day one just out of principle, gotta support no pass and no micro-transactions.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Kevin, that second post there was in reply to Kikis reply to my original post :P
Wow will you two stop already
kevin can't help it, he's so in love with me, so much so that he didn't notice that I only commented on 3 out of 5 of the Fuse articles, not every one as he claims.
You two should just ignore each other since these little exchanges never lead anywhere good.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I'm confused... mind you I argued with a woman at work once and we ended up in a hotel room together
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Arguing?
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
... Go on
You can't just say that and not follow it up with anything .>_<.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
What pyro isn't telling you, is that he is in fact a hotel caretaker and the woman was a maid, and they were supposed to be in that room anyways!
Ah that makes sense
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Hopefully they keep up with no micro transactions or online passes in all games. Characters are important for a story to even work, if I can't connect with a character I can't connect with a story. Simples. Been away for a while but can see the handbags are still here.... :P
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I think Borderlands has proven that you don't need to care about the character you play as, providing you have some really good narrative and character progression of the main NPCs.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
You may not need to care about the character you play as, but that is what the game was put out as to begin with and what made it different and what made it a game to be interseted in. Then they changed it, and now they're fighting an uphill battle.