Xbox Entertainment Awards finalists announced

Remember those Xbox Entertainment Awards which we all voted in before Microsoft decided to give away our security details? Well the finalists have now been announced.

The nominees are:

Trials Evolution
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
I Am Alive

Best add-on

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn
Battlefield 3 - Premium
The Walking Dead: Episode 5 'No Time Left'
Halo 4 - Crimson Map Pack

Best music video

Psy - Gangnam Style
Rihanna - Diamonds
50 Cent - My Life
Nicki Minaj - Starships
Lana Del Rey - National Anthem

You can vote now via the Xbox 360 dashboard. You have until April 16 to decide on your winners.

Edited On 09 Apr, 2013

Comments
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I like the distinct lack of exclusive titles in this list.
It don't really matter since when I went back on the page all my votes were changed
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
And the shortlist for best security: Sony - PSN, Microsoft - XBox Awards Site, Twitter - MaccyD's and Burger King account holders
What? Microsoft? Exclusive Titles? Surely you jest.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
These are not my choices these are predictions based on the trend of xbox players; Call of Duty, LEGO Batman, Minecraft, CoD season pass, Big Bang Theory, Ted, Avengers, Ted, The Killers, Gangnam Style, Skrillex, Gangnam Style. Wow I personally wouldn't choose any of these, maybe I should give up my xbox?
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
XBLA award got to be TWD for me!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
agreed Johno, it's a sad old world. Carry on my wayward son...
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
It would be nice to see Halo 4 win Best Game but I fear Call of Duty will likely win it.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Halo 4 HAS to win it's the only exclusive, the same as Kinect Sports and Trials Evolution, if anything else wins in those categories then it proves MS have no confidence in their products.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
Halo 4 is still good enough to win on its own and not just because its an xbox exclusive, in my opinion.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I hated 4, it was the weakest game in my opinion, ODST and Reach were better both story wise and in MP. The franchise should be done with and a new IP is needed BUT it won't get that because no one is willing to take that chance because any scifi shooter will be compared against Halo and that REALLY pisses me off.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
Microsoft do need some new IP exclusives, but in a world where Microsoft don't have many exclusives I don't think Microsoft can afford to end the Halo series. Perhaps it is a little bit unfair to compare new scifi shooters with Halo but new games are compared to similar games. For instance the new Tomb Raider was compared with Uncharted series.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
MS don't have enough studios left, well non-kinect dancing studios, apart from Turn 10 who have no competition in the racing world on xbox and 343 with Halo who again have no competition. Monopoly of a market is great in the short term because people can only buy your stuff but then you have nothing pushing the market, it's why FIFA needs PES, CoD needs Battlefield
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I think that is why a lot of people will turn to the PS4 next gen. Sony own a lot of studios and have good looking exclusives coming. Personally I own a PS3, and will get a PS4 next gen. Regardless of what I see from the next xbox.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Indeed about needing competition. It's why I think Tomb Raider may be the best thing to happen to the Uncharted series too. FIFA was such a bad title for many years too after it had no competition, but as soon as PES turned to gold, FIFA fell behind and had to improve. Also, look at WWF and WCW from back in the day. WCW stole most of their big acts, and got a lot of their audience, and without the attitude era to try and fight back, the WWE probably wouldn't be here today.
stormy2k's avatar
stormy2k 4 years ago
My picks would be: Best Game Far Cry 3 So much to do, taking out outposts via stealth or all out assault, awesome missions and a good XP/Combat system. Best family game: Angry Birds Trilogy I play this loads and the kids love it too. Sure if can be brought cheap on the Android or iPhone, but its no fun passing a phone around the room. Its the ideal party game with the kids over and plus the console version has achievements. Best XBLA game: The Walking Dead Gripping and emotional. Very few games get you connected to the characters on a personal level and it has major reply value as there are so many outcomes per playthrough. The first point-and-click game that actually did it for me. Best add-on: The Walking Dead: Episode 5 'No Time Left' Like above, the ultimate conclusion to any game, very emotional seeing all your choices pan out. Best TV show or series Top Gear The lesser of all the other evils really, the other choices are just as washed up and bland, but this one, not so much. Best movie The Dark Knight Rises Hands down, the best film of 2012. I'm a hardcore Star Wars fan, and I openly now admit that the Dark Knight Trilogy is the best Trilogy in cinema history. Christopher Nolan is an amazing Director, Tom Hardy and Christian Bale are just two amazing actors supported amazingly well by JGL and Anne Hathaway. Joss Whedon who made the awesome Avengers Assemble, he's a great director and the film was ace, but I enjoyed TDKR more. Best superhero movie The Dark Knight Rises As stated above. Best comedy 21 Jump Street Not usually a Jonah Hill fan, but this film made me laugh loads and Ice Cube as the 'Angry Black Police Captain', quality. As for the music section, I don't listen to all that lame pop crap, I'm and metal kinda guy, chuck some Rammstein in there for goodness sakes! Haha. Best Artist Muse or Linkin Park, as long as anything pop doesn't win that category.