Evening Newsround, April 9: Lost Planet 3 delayed, Vita to get folders

It's a bit of a juicy Newsround tonight, with quite a new smaller bits of gaming news to bring you, so let's get started.

Capcom delays Lost Planet 3

Lost Planet 3 has been delayed. Capcom has announced that the title, originally due for release for June 25 in North America and in Europe on June 28 will now release on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on August 27 in North America and August 30 in Europe.

Tearaway dated for PS Vita

Sony has dated Media Molecule's Tearaway for PS Vita. The game will arrive for the handheld in October 25 in the UK. Check out the announce video from a while back below. Looks lovely doesn't it?

Folders coming to PS Vita

Rumour has it that folders are coming to the PS Vita via a new firmware update. This will allow you to place 10 games within the folder, making your Vita dash a whole lot cleaner. Apparently video streaming will also arrive with this firmware update.

EA voted worst company in America for second year running

Oh dear. EA has been voted the worst company in America for the second year in a row. In a poll run by The Consumerist, it was stated that consumers were "tired of EA's focus on microtransactions and online passes."

So...

That's about it for today's Newsround. Let's celebrate with a song.

Edited On 09 Apr, 2013

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
None of this is interesting to me. However can I add something? http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/9/4179628/mega-man-fps-maverick-hunter We can now hate Capcom again.
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Folders on the Vita will be an absolute godsend.
Well deserved by EA ;)
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
The vita folders would be awesome, and the ability to tidy the front end would be great. But this is one of the few times I'll defend EA. Last year and this I'm sure I can find 5 companies that are worse. Lets start with, oh I don't know, PETA who are apparently destroying perfectly healthy and adoptable animals by the ton. Or the banks, both American and international that put us into the turmoil we are in? EA are witch hunted and demonised and the results end up in them being handed a golden turd! I hate EA a fair amount. I think they have turned the gaming industry upside down over the last few years. But worst company? Give me a break.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
NO! Please don't delay Lost Planet 3! - Said nobody. Glad to see Vita folders at last, but wish they had better capacity than 10 icons per folder.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I really like the Lost Planet games they are a lot of fun and I couldn't wait for the 3rd instalment, quite disappointed now. And the BS around EA truly shows that the average gamer isn't ready for the Internet yet. Sure I was annoyed as most by some stuff last year but all my favourite games are usually EA titles; Battlefield, FIFA, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Madden and I'm still interested in FUSE. I've been given the best story I've ever known thanks to EA, I've managed to sink 323 hours into a genre I don't even like with Battlefield they have done nothing wrong in comparison to so many other companies like PETA like Bank of America like a LOT of Airlines.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
All you have to do is go on the EA FIFA Forum, the EA Battlefield Forum or something to see the kind of people who vote against EA in these kind of things. They're embarrassing human beings who think that because they're bad at games, or something small that has displeased them, is a reason to put them as the worst company. The EA CEO who came out and stuck up for EA about this 'vote' gained a lot of respect from me really. Didn't pretend EA were untouchable but said they were trying to improve, which they are.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I've been banned from a website for arguing against the hive-mind of EA bashing and calling people bad words.
stormy2k's avatar
stormy2k 4 years ago
I just don't know how some games are able to get a third installment into a series after the second was just so poor. I'm looking at you Army of Two: The 40th Day! (I enjoyed the AOT DC Demo though). LP2 was such a boring game that was just all show and no substance. At least the first game wasn't too bad. The Single Player missions in LP2 were just glorified online modes. No wonder Capcom is having a hard time financially with the games they're making decreasing in quality.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
@Stormy2k - mate that's a very clever avatar pic..... not sure if anybody else got it but it's one half of the Song of Storms from Ocarina of Time
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Man I love OoT got to be my most played Zelda game
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
OoT was everyone's most played because it was released on pretty much every Nintendo system since the N64, I personally think that Twilight Princess is the best of the franchise.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
most played not my favourite, I'm a Wind Waker fan. i never got to finish TW as i had it on the cube then got an Xbox and never went back to it