Let's Chat: April 10

With Sony focusing a lot of its energy on Indie games such as Thomas Was Alone and Guacamelee (review soon) we are curious to think how you feel about titles such as these?

Do you think it's right for Sony to bring as many indie titles as it can to PS3 and Vita? Are you happy as long as the quality is up there with the best?

Let us know what you think of this subject below.

Edited On 10 Apr, 2013

Comments
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I don't personally play many Indie or Arcade titles. I know some of them are great but I just can't find the time to squeeze them in.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
The greatest XBLA title ever created was Castlecrashers nothing else even comes close.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I can see the need for indie games, I don't particularly play much of them but they are needed in this market. And Sony showing developers they want to support them before the PS4 is released is always good for the company if these developers will take on the PS4 and it's 'easier to develop for' structure. It's basically helping the littleman to try and get as many of them to create for the future.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
If Sony PS4 can get the Indie devs and arcade titles like that of XBLA in this generation I would be very impressed.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Anyone getting hold of the MGR DLC this week then? The Sam version released this week on PS3 and Xbox.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Haven't bought MGR yet. haha! so nope!
Midgar_zolom's avatar
Midgar_zolom 4 years ago
How can it be a bad thing? I love playing the AAA titles but i find it quite nice to play something a little lighter in-between the larger games especially on the vita, unfortunatly i do not have as much time to play so much Indie on the PS3 these days as i have an overload of games to get through. How can be people complain about them though its not as though your been strapped down and deprived of food untill you finish playing every indie game that comes out, no likey no playey. Another point is these games are so much cheaper then full retail games :-)
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I'm in that boat, after finishing my most recent play through of Mass Effect Trilogy, I'm gonna play The Darkness 2 and MGR because they are both like 4 hour games perfect for cleansing the pallet ready for another stab at some of my bigger games.
I can't speak for MGR (I assume it it amazing) but The Darkness 2 is quite a fun game, it has so difficulty spikes about halfway through but it's a good game none the less
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I played the demo and the only reason I didn't get it before was because it came out when I had a LOT of others to play. I have paced myself properly this year and only getting games when I have time to play them; they are a lot cheaper that way too.
That seems like a good plan,
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Doesn't always work out because I often get distracted by FIFA or BF3 for a week or two
Same but with Dark Souls
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Same with FIFA. And I hate myself for it, but it's just so damn good. 150-28-25 now online.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I stopped playing FIFA online when I couldn't finish a game, there was that trophy for winning consecutive matches and I couldn't even get to the end of consecutive matches without being quit on.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Wasn't that FIFA 12 the consecutive matches one? I've 100%'d it and can't remember it. As far as being quit on, I don't mind it. Aslong as I'm not 1-0 within the 5 minutes when they quit, or the score doesn't end up adding to my seasons score, then I'm happy for it, just means I can dust off the 3 points and get going against someone else.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I've had someone shoot from halfway then quit because they didn't score, actually shouted "Fuck this!" down the mic.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Haha. I only use my mic when I ProClub(Before we switched to Skype). But my mate has an XBOX and me, him and a mate of mine played his UT one day because he'd never won division 1. I got the second half versus some guy, got it back to 3-2 and you could hear the guy rage at every goal. Probably my favourite part about mics. Other peoples pain.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I use the mic to play with mates mostly, I had a game of pro clubs where the other team used the in game chat instead of a party chat, so I went and listened to them for a while... the spent the entire time chewing out one of their team for being the reason they were losing because he wasn't playing in his position properly or something... good day.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I think 90% of the time we spend ripping on each other, 5% shouting for the through ball/cross in the final third, and the other 5% congragulating each other on a good finish/pass/cross/tackle.
I love indie/arcade games, have nearly 100GB of them on my 360's HDD. I find them a nice break from the major retail games, which can feel a bit like hard work sometimes.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
I wouldn't mind some publisher putting games like Time Travlers, Little Buster Convert Edition etc out for Vita, but the game ain't the big issue with Vita, it's the price of the Memory Card. Sony really need to announce a price cut on those, since the sales on Vita atm have cost us Tales games on that system
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Since the Wii U was quiet at the start of the year I've really gotten into some of the indie games on there. Trine 2, Nano Assault Neo, The Cave and Little Inferno are all terrific games. I'm actually looking more forward to some Indie releases more than so-called AAA releases. In some ways some Indie developers deserve more credit than the big companies do.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
You should check out Mighty Push Force, it's a great 2D platformer.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
So I've heard. What sort of genre is it? And worth the money? Also been looking at Toki Tori 2
Part platformer part puzzle, there's blocks that push in and out and switches and blocks that fire you like a cannon, it's pretty hardcore though, been playing it off and on for months and still not completed it.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
May have to pick it up. Been watching some retro stuff. REALLY wish Nintendo would make use of the Tablet features and get us a new Mario Paint for the Wii U. It's so perfect for it
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I dont like how I can't seem to redeem my ShopTo points on things like Microsoft points. It would have made my points cheaper than anywhere else, as it is I've had to use another site.... I feel so dirty.
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I've also given up on Gears Of War ever turning up. It was dispatched 3 weeks ago.
Shoxy apply your Shopto points before you add the Microsoft points to your basket & I think it's save to say Gears of War was lost in the mail if it has indeed been 3 week
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
It worked! I removed the Microsoft points, added another item, added the ShopTo points, added the MP's back and removed the original item. You're a hero :D
I know I am . PRAISE ME YOU PEON!
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I wish shopto would get the 3DS/Wii U points. Would be buying those pretty much every week lol Wasn't gonna bother with Animal Crossing. But at the shopto price I couldn't help it.