Hitman Absolution is free for PS Plus members in May

Sony has revealed that May's Instant Game Collection title for PS Plus members will be Hitman Absolution.

The news was revealed via Twitter, with Sony saying that it will also reveal a further four titles which will be added in May next week.

Hitman for free seems like a pretty great deal, especially after Sony added Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Okami HD, The Cave, Virtue's Last reward and more this month.

What do you think of getting Hitman Absolution for free next month?

Edited On 10 Apr, 2013

Comments
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
AWESOME!! I never finished it on xbox because it seemed like a chore towards the end but if it's gonna be free I have no excuse to play it.
For the people that don't have it getting it for free is an amazing deal. (Mind you I got it for free as well XD)
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Cost me a tenner from a friend, totally worth every penny. great game
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Wow... the turnaround window for new Eidos titles being added to the Plus service has been getting very small of late with Sleeping Dogs and now this appearing within six months of their initial release. Guess those missed sales targets have gotten Square-Enix a little panicky and they'd rather grab the Plus royalties sooner rather than wait until everyone has already bought these games from the bargain bin. Guess that means October's PS Plus game is likely to be Tomb Raider then... guess it was a good move on my part not to buy that after all :)
Square are kidding themselves by saying the Eidos sales have let them down. The real reason they have been losing money is 1. Making sequels to FF13 that nobody wants 2. FF14 3. Developing FF Versus 13 for 7 Years
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Square have a great relationship with Sony regarding the PS+ as I have downloaded a LOT of Square games on Plus, I bought all of them previously before as well because Square are one of the few pubs that I'd actually like to keep going.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Decent game for plus members. I enjoyed it. It could have been better, but was a good game. A result for EU plus gamers!
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
Playstation Plus sounds more tempting every month. Seems to be good or at least decent games to download for free. But judging by how long it takes to download just a demo from playstation store, I dread to think how long a game would take. Curse my rubbish internet connection.
Just put it one background download and go play a single player game Spear.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Best way I've seen to download games is by putting it on download, change channel to Sky and watch whatever I want. By the end of the episode or however long I'm watching, 90% of the time it has finished. Longest download I've had to date is FIFA 13 which took 4 hours to download the week early as everyone had jumped on to do the same.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I usually do put stuff on background download but it still took hours just to download God of War Ascension demo. I have broadband from AOL but I'm pretty sure we don't get broadband speed, the internet is terrible.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Background download doesn't always work when you play. Instead, I set stuff downloading, then turn off the machine. it gives you the option to DL first. and it also installs downloads before shutting down the machine. perfect
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Plus is amazing, you set the download for the game going set it to background and via the main xmb turn off the console it will download and install and turn off. I also will recommend setting up automatic updates you PS3 will turn on at a specific time and download any patches for games, system updates and sync your trophies automatically for you. Unfortunately any games you get on PS+ will stop working if your Sub runs out, you can usually find it cheap enough fairly often and can get several years stacked, mine runs out in Sep 2015 only spent £30 on it.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Mines just auto-renews every 3 months so my sub never runs out really. The thing you get of putting saves in teh 'cloud' and also having your games just sitting there at any available juncture to download is what sets it above everywhere else. I wish I knew about it first though as I would have got Dead Space 2 for free rather than having to pay for it later on, I didn't know you could just 'purchase' the game and not-download it till a later date.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
How does it work to get Plus till Sep 2015, Do you buy voucher codes from retailers then enter them in? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Johno did you get your points yet? Just wondering
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
There is a current deal going about for if you buy a years subscription to PS Plus for £19.99, you get 3 months free. So will be his current subscription + 12 months + 3 months.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
And when i got my subscription, I just bought it from the store. You can buy 'vouchers' from the internet, and you just redeem code in the store aswell.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
just keep buying it! haha! you can buy offer codes etc. A certianl other online retailer was selling codes at £20 the other week. and they stac. I think I have sunk £150 total into PSplus, had it since day one and I have a sub until Sept 2016 (i think) https://twitter.com/Brooker411/status/312640663093145601/photo/1
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Nox, I got my points just checked. 12 month + 3 months shoes as being 15 months, if you cancel the sub you can buy another for the same price; rinse and repeat.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
That's actually a nice plan.
Midgar_zolom's avatar
Midgar_zolom 4 years ago
Fantastic news! Why on earth would you not be a member of PS+ i'm looking forward to playing this as i have never experienced any of the other Hitman titles, only problem is i have such a back catalogue of free games i've downloaded now i don't when i will get the time to play this....oh yes i suppose i could!!! Kage-bunshin no jutsu!
So i'm the only one? I'm feeling a bit left out :(
Ha as soon as I post that I get the points in question Lol
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
how long did you have to wait?
Me? I waited 8 days for my Review to Win points but I got my Comment to Win points after a few days
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I decided just to buy Playstation Plus from the store. Got 12 Months + 3 Months extra free. I'm currently downloading Infamous 2, heard good things about Infamous its about time I tried it out.
Great games. Make sure you download Okami
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Remember to cancel your auto renewal mate, because you can find better offers in the long run that way as long as you keep an eye out.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Infamous 2 without playing Infamous? :O You miss the big plot twist!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Infamous 1 MUST be played first. Otherwise things don't make sense!
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
Thanks for the tip Johno Muller, I have just cancelled the automatic renewal. I will keep an eye out for future deals to extend my Playstation Plus. Seeing as though Infamous 2 was free couldn't pass on it, I will get Infamous then play infamous 2 once I've completed the original.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Infamous 1 is quite cheap to pick up. I think a Certain Entertainment eXchange store is selling it for £5
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Even on here it's only £10 for next day delivery.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Yeah, but you get the ugly red essentials box
I like the "ugly" Red Essentials Box
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
The red essentials box doesn't bother me. I just ordered it from here, and its already been dispatched apparently.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Might get it tomorrow then dude, and yeah they are ugly, not as bad as the old yellow and silver platinum ones but still pretty ugly.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I hate all platinum boxes and stuff like that. Hence why I only have the GOW:Collection 1 & 2 as 'essentials'. But if needs must. I went on ebay to buy an original infamous (I had the collectors edition which got loaned out and never returned <_< ) and the prices kept getting ramped up, or they had about £8 P+P on it.
I absolutly despise the Platinum boxes
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I didn't know people cared so much about game boxes. I'm not too bothered what the box looks like. But come to think of it, the Platinum boxes are quite hideous.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
IMO it's just nice to look at your collection and not see the very bad box art, or atleast non-original boxart. I like alot of the American boxart though, they're usually much better than the ones we get.
Midgar_zolom's avatar
Midgar_zolom 4 years ago
I hate those red and platinum boxes too lol they're just so ugly, hated them on the Psone too.