Thursday Chat - April 11

Xbox rumours, PS4 announced but still very little information as to what we should actually expect.

So that's the subject of today's Let's Chat. What do you want to see from the next PlayStation and Xbox? There are so many rumours out there. But what features will really win you over.

In fact are you even ready for the next generation anyway?

Let us know below.

Edited On 11 Apr, 2013

Comments
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I'm almost ready, once I get my last Mass Effect trophies and Achievements I'll be set to wave goodbye to current gen... I'll miss her dearly.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
one day ill finish ME3 achievements, hell I did it with the others just lost interest once I finished it. I just hope the next Xbox is not completely media focused i want it to be a good game console but it looks like the way they are going now
I read over on C&VG that the always on is not compulsory and won't effect playing games, and that second hand won't be blocked either, and that Orth had got the boot
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Looking away from what already been confirm for PS4: Region Free, Allow more than 1 account (Just like on PS3) is last thing I need to know.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Not entirely sure I'm ready. outside of slightly prettier graphics, I see no real step up from one gen to the other. I am still loving alot of games this generation and I'm worried that once the next gen takes off, it'll be a quick turn around to close down servers for my favourite current gen games! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the next generation, but with the constant "wallet rape" getting worse and worse, I can't see many positives coming for next gen.
Ulquiorra_1's avatar
Ulquiorra_1 4 years ago
Nope, I'm not ready for the next gen. Ideally PS4 should come out in mid 2014; but they're eager to beat Microsoft so I have to respect that. I think that the PS3 has a lot of juice left, hence I don't think I will be an early adopter. I will buy a PS4 after I've played everything I need to play on PS3. As to what will excite me, I don't think it's the box itself that has to do the work [I didn't care much for the streaming and sharing] I want to see what developers are capable of doing with this next, possibly final generation. I want to see truly unique design decisions going forward. Personally, the onus is on the devs not on the console.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I'm ready for it. figure I'll get it asap too. I've still a lot of games to get through, and I figure I'll be able to keep playing them once I get my PS4 too as I'll still have my PS3, it'll just be when I have time to do it. Getting ME3 achievements and finally getting my ME2 plat(2 trophies left...) should be a good thing too. Not many games I'd be proud of getting 100% for but ME is definantely up there.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Well I think give it a couple of months people will be more ready I think as the games start to dry up. There have been a lot of good game recently like Tomb Raider, Bioshock and Ni No Kuni that people are busy playing those. But there is not really alot to look forward to the next few months all I can think of is Last of Us and South Park. It will be interesting to see sales figures as the last 2 consoles Wii U and Vita dont seem to have sold well at all so maybe people dont have the money?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Beyond is out in October. the current gen releases are going to be coming until the next gen is here. I'll probably wait for the new year to grab my PS4. It all depends on the state of the BC argument for me.
Marty 4 years ago
I'm more than ready for the next gen consoles now., in fact (thanks to my recently started second job) my PS4 is paid for! The only two games that are on my radar for the rest of the year are The Last of Us & Beyond: Two Souls (possibly Batman, depending on what it is like!), so I've got plenty of time to be playing through my back catalogue before the PS4 launch later in the year. I think that this "always online" idea needs to be dropped, the broadband infrastructure in the UK just isn't good enough to handle something like that. I'm pretty excited about most of what Sony told us about the PS4, I cant wait to see how well they can integrate the Vita into its functionality.
ASC's avatar
ASC 4 years ago
We need the next gen quite badly, not just for our sake but for the developers and the industry in general. The current consoles are based on tech 8 years old by now, which is massively out of date for this sort of thing. The current block in new advancements is on this console generation as all developers will build for them as the most limited target systems, sometimes leaving the more capable machines we are seeing in some pcs with quick ports and poor optimisation. Possibly even worse the market situation is even more out of date, with patches and DLC turned from the exception to the rule since this generation started. The consoles have done what they can but the backend infer-structure puts limitations on how developers can handle content and updates. From what we have heard from sony and developers working on next gen many of these issues have been majorly improved on, so should give a well needed boost to development, and giving us more new great games in the coming years.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I have already set aside some money for the PS4 but I'm going to wait till we get a specific release date before I pre-order. One thing that hasn't been mentioned which would be a nice addition would be the option to change your username/PSN ID because I created mine when the PS3 was released and quite fancy changing it.
Marty 4 years ago
Spear - it has already been confirmed that you will be able to use your actual name for your PS4 profile, weather or not they will let you chanfge your PSN ID (even for a nominal fee) is still up in the air.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I did hear the bit about the actual name but I was hoping to change my PSN ID. I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee to do this, if it were made possible.
Finished Bioshock Infinite this morning, crazy ending, although I saw it coming when they started jumping realities. Started putting some time in to Defiance now and it's starting to grow on me, think I'll hold on to it for a while, if only to see how it ties in to the TV show.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I did have my issues with Bioshock's ending trying a little too hard. Great game though, enjoyed it a lot. Because I can't/won't put my review on shopto, If you get five minutes, would you mind casting your eye over my scribblings on it please? I'm still trying to fix it. http://troublemaker411.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/bioshock-infinite/ thanks
Okie dokie, I'll have a look now.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Muchos Gratias :)
Looks fine to me, perhaps a little on the short side, but not really sure what you could add without spoiling anything, perhaps something about the guardian and handy men, comparing them to the big daddies maybe. Other than that I noticed a couple of typos, a we that should be a me in the second paragraph, and or instead of for at the end.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Yeah, i edited on ipad and I type too fast for it sometimes! haha! Thanks. The shortness pissed me off, but the thought of spoilers terrified me! cheers for the input, I'll get to re-writing it tonight hopefully. Thanks again :)
No worries ;)
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
oops, english one ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1fPdJpzkBwo
Midgar_zolom's avatar
Midgar_zolom 4 years ago
I'm really looking forward to the Playstation 4 as i have been mostly PS3 this generation and after watching the presentation i cannot wait for its release it seems amazing. I'm mostly looking forward to all the cross-play between the PS4 and the Vita although that is my biggest worry too, current remote play with the ps3 IMO feels horrible and lags badly with PSone games, so how the PS vita will handle PS4 games in remote play streamlessly I will believe it when i see it. Another concern is the no backwards compatability with the PS3 (although i have heard it may be possible in the future) with the mountain of Ps+ games i have it seems a pain not being able to play them on the shiny new PS4 whilst i'm waiting for new PS4 games. Thirlled to hear we won't have to wait for patch donwloads next gen too, i was trying to download the 1.03 patch for the Metal Gear Solid Trilogy two nights ago and it kept failing, tried again yesterday at 5:30pm told it would take 16,000 minutes to download??? cancelled and tried again and managed it in 5 minutes. On the next Xbox i'm looking forward to hearing the actual facts before i form my opinion.