Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon gets debut trailer

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon has got its first trailer, though you'd be mistaken for thinking its a cartoon from yesteryear.

The game itself lands on PC, PSN and XBLA on May 1, providing all the cheesy, 80's style shooting you need to fill your nostalgia meter to the brim.

What do you think?

Edited On 11 Apr, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
SOLD! I watched an interview on EG this morning that really sold me. Crazy, stupid fun, just what the doctor ordered!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I like the idea of being stealthy with a neon bow n arrow, it's like Joel Schumacher batman.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Looks awesome .Just a bundle of fun that'll do me.
Marty 4 years ago
What an awesome trailer! 80's cartoon madness!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Completely different to all the things i loved about Far Cry 3 but it still does look like great fun. Shame i don't have it anymore but would consider picking it up later down the line.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
It's stand alone. You won't need FC3 to play it.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I didn't know that, might get it then, thanks :)
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
So... uh... despite obviously using the same game engine, has anyone said what this game actually has to do with Far Cry 3 in any way?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
What has far cry 3 have to do with 2? or 2 with 1? Nothing! Essentially it's a cut own open world, reskinned FC3. But I has nothing to do with the actual far cry story. It just a crazy ass, insane expansion. Just a bit of fun dude.
Looks alright, but I won't be playing it if it's digital only, unless I can find a way of downloading it for free.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
TM, believe me I'm not complaining here about anything other than the fact I'm not playing this already, but the jump in setting and story from FC2 to FC3 wasn't nearly so jarring visually and stylistically as the jump from FC3 to... this.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
It looks like a lot of fun. And while I generally don't go for digital only, I won't cut off my nose to spite my face. The anti-Ubi thing I understand, but don't miss out on good games because they delayed Rayman! Like a certain user on here that won't play Dishonored because he hates Bethesda. I hate EAs business practices, but they make plenty that needs to be played, why would I deny myself that? It doesn't affect them in the slightest. Just my two-penneth of course
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Sorry mate, reading what I wrote, it sounds much harsher than I meant it to be! I think the point I was making is that the dev done it as a bit of fun, and selling it as an FC3 expansion was the way to get it done. Similar to the original plan for SR3's Enter the Dominatrix expansion I think.
Sorry TM, but I'm one of those rare peope who stick to their principles, I'm pretty easy going and will put up with a lot of crap, but when I reach my limit that's it, for good, and I never go back on it.
Wow remind me to never piss Gloria off
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
And you know what? I respect that, a lot. So many people scream boycott and don't follow through. But considering in a story earlier you said "Rayman isn't that good" it seems weird to me that you would miss out o other games for it.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 4 years ago
Looks ugly, imho. Are they selling texture packs now? OMG
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 4 years ago
*** Page refreshes when I delete a message. Wonder why it doesn't do the same, when I send one? ***
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I think it looks beautiful, takes me back to my childhood with rubbish 80s films.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
My childhood was awesome Nickleodeon TV shows.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Looks shit hot. Day 1 download. Here's hoping for a PS+ discount to boot. This and Hitman Absolution on May the 1st? Happy days
I'm not missing out just because of Rayman TM, I've been p*ssed off with Ubisoft for a while over a number of things, Rayman was just the last straw.