Dark Souls has sold 2,367,000 units since launch

Dark Souls has sold 2,367,000 since it released in 2011, according to information coming out of a conference in Japan.

The presentation, by From Software's executive director, Eiichi Nakajima, revealed that approximately 692,000 of these units came from the Prepare To Die Edition.

Dark Souls 2 will be released on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 in late 2013/early 2014. You can pre-order below.

Edited On 12 Apr, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Good news. It's a very niche title I'd say. Alot of people don't want to be beaten, and if you hear that it's solid, it'll turn a lot of people off.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
2.3 million masochists in the video gaming world. I bought it and after getting killed for the 1000th time in the first few hours I had to give up, normally I enjoy hard games but after a while the amusement factor disappears. Would recommend it to people as it is a wonderful game though.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Interesting to see the differences in expectation. That's a good number for Dark Souls (great in fact, but I still have Demon's Souls to play first) in almost two years, but Tomb Raider sells 3.4mil in a month and is considered by SE to have failed!
It's deserves more sales tbh The difficulty isn't even a problem it's just most people have been conditioned to play a game and go gung-ho all the time and not think about strategy
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 4 years ago
I would rather want to know how those numbers are split between platforms. That's most interesting part...
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 4 years ago
Joe -- "late 2014/early 2014" -- needs fixin
Midgar_zolom's avatar
Midgar_zolom 4 years ago
I thought it would be more then that, its such a popular game, perhaps its a game mostly hardcore gamers play. like you said Toublemaker Tomb Raider has done over 3.4 mill in its first week and disapointed S-E, i suppose they spent soo much on marketing TR that it ate a lot of the profits perhaps?. I have yet to play Dark souls i have completed Demon's souls and enjoyed it but i cannot understand just why these games are as highly praised as they are. Also if you struggle with Demon's souls there is a very easy skanky soul dupe glitch you can abuse :-)
Square were kidding themselves thinking Tomb Raider was going to get COD number sales also didn't this Tomb Raider has the best Week 1 sales in the franchises history?
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
Opps. :D
Xtracrispi's avatar
Xtracrispi 4 years ago
that's quite funny I finally gave in and got it just before this was posted :)
BYRON 4 years ago
Brought the original, brought the prepare to die edition twice because dying on just the xbox wasn't enough for me and still thinking about getting it on pc. Bring on Dark Souls 2!
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Never played this game, but would like to give it a go one of these days
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Just think it will annoy me a bit too much
Niall 4 years ago
My favourite game this gen! Cannot wait for DS II.