Monday Chat - April 15

I almost forgot that we like to chat. So what have you been up to this weekend? Played any decent games?

What was your favourite gaming moment of the weekend? Did anything unusual or exciting happen? I've been playing Simpsons Tapped Out all weekend personally, a quality, if not a little expensive gaming experience - Thanks EA and your microtransactions.

Let's Chat.

Edited On 15 Apr, 2013

Comments
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I set aside some time to finish the Mass Effect 3 DLC, before moving onto some other games... then ended up playing nothing but Mass Effect 3, the DLC is huge.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
finished Spec Ops: the line Have to say, it was a top game! so much so i went through again on FUBAR difficulty to 1000g it.... very satisfying game. Thanks and Kudos to Brooker aka Troublemaker for the review that inspired me to play the game
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I done NO gaming! I can't believe it. None! saturday was a complete wash out with family coming down. Sunday, after seeing the god awful Oblivion at the flicks, it was all about the Ultimate Fighter Finale and clearing last week's backlog from the sky planner! Hoping to jump back onto Army of Twenty Three tonight. It's playing like a third person CoD, dumb fun that is just what I needed I think!
I'm not going to reveal what I have been playing. Mahahahahahahaha
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Continued practicing for the FIFA tournament coming up. Been all I've been playing, and I'm having ups and downs due to having to practice with Malaga and such, and getting constantly put up against Dortmund. Still, see how it goes. I'm planning on getting through so much come end of April, and I've ordered Resistance 2 and Killzone 3 to add to that collection. £7.85 can't be shaken at...
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I've been playing Infamous over the weekend. Another great PS3 exclusive in my opinion.
Ash Buchanan's avatar
Ash Buchanan 4 years ago
Shame Oblivion was bad, was looking forward to a decent sci-fi film. Managed to get to Alien Wars for the final day in Glasgow. Great fun, though the illusion was spoilt a little when the aliens gloves are a diffeent colour to the outfit and one of the monsters tickled the Mrs. She loved it, though had nightmares all night. Gaming side, just finishing of Motocross Mayhem and Guacamelee reviews and playing Monster Hunter 3.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
ALIEN WARS! I remember going to that in Trocadero! It was awesome! haha! Oblivion was pretty pants, it had a lot of twists that weren't really twists. If you've watched either of Duncan Jones' movies, you don't need to see oblivion!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
@Spear you're right easily my favourite PS title, maybe uncharted too though
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Finished Bioshcok on Hard mode. Played Some Luigi's Mansion. Almost done with the Clock works place. Got PW2 officially yesterday. It's neat but not much of a step up from the first (and some downright laziness on problems that were there on the first) Been playing some Simpsons too. Although I don't have an origin account so no micro-transactions or friends on it for me. Almost got Gymnast Lisa. NEVER gonna get Tatum or Miss Springfield. Which is a shame.
Played some Defiance, finished all the episode missions ready for the show tomorrow, and a chunk of the main story missions. Bought Bit Trip Runner 2 for the Wii U, and ended up shredding my nerves on it. Also severely disappointed myself by watching the latest episode of Doctor Who, the knobs running the show now really do love crapping all over its history.
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
Got given The Walking Dead for my birthday. It's such a great game, you guys should look into it if you haven't already. It's quite slow, but playing something slow for a change is quite refreshing. It's one of the more mature zombie games around (if not THE most mature zombie game around).
'Most Mature Zombie Game' I don't think so, that title goes to I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1
I really hope Gummy means the Telltale game, and not the awful Activision one.
I don't know ''Got'' kinda applies he/she got giving a hard copy and since the Telltale Walking Dead isn't over here yet it couldn't be that. (Unless it was imported) Can you shed some light Gummy?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
speaking of walking dead been playing teltale's point and click game again over the weekend going through different choices , also had a need to play gta again watched some vids of the new one on utube looking so good
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Holy crap I just looked at the price of the retail version of Telltale's TWD... I am NOT paying £27 for that, not a chance.
It is a bit much eh
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
have a look on psn or xbox live i think it was reduced in price not sure if it still cheaper now
That is a bit pricey, worth it though if it's the only way you can get it I suppose.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
worth every penny this game is so addictive to play!!
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
looks like OFT have already started. EA's suddenly just announced they are closing the Sim City Social servers . Kinda surprising considering it's still a pretty new game and was popular. Oh well. Oh and yeah. In True EA fashion. If you have Diamonds that you bought and despite the servers closing you won't be entitled to any sort of refund. Some people are going apeshit since they just paid good amounts for them
I'm sure many have forgot but what happened to the reply we were meant to be getting back a while ago
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Yeah, I got the entire season of TWD from PS+ for 8 notes. Not played it yet, but A good price none the less
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
You don't see the reply button Nox?
Got it for the same price on XBA a while back
Your messing with me right? Johno
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
£27 for a disc of what I can download for £8, and yet if it were a bigger publisher lets say EA for example who would be angry?
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
No, serious question, do you not see the reply button?
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i spent the whole weekend away from gaming :'( as ive been quite ill :( but im feeling better and i need to make it up to my xbox! just waiting on lovefilm to send me a few games, praying for injustice to do over the weekend!
Dyed my hair over the weekend too, the roots were getting a bit much.
So when is this much anticipated week long sale going to start. I need to see if i'm going to be able to eat this month
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
I watched The Hobbit for the first time at the weekend. Awesome movie. Does the book justice so far. I have to say that The Lord of the Rings / Hobbit are up there as my favourite movies of all time.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I've not seen LOTR yet, but I really did enjoy The Hobbit.
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
On Saturday night I planned to play some Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with some friends but we couldn't get on XBL so we had to play single player games instead. I took that time to play Assassins Creed 3 and I finally got past the mission I was stuck on. I will say this - timed missions are the devil! The mission I was stuck on was sequence 10, a silly one involving a horse and a timer. Anyone who has gotten past that mission should easily know which one it was that had me wanting to throw the controller through my television. So happy I got past it finally.
agentsmith007's avatar
agentsmith007 4 years ago
I finally plucked up the courage to put the walking dead, survival instincts on over the weekend, after reading every review and crying over my dualshock 3 because i didn't want to believe this game was that bad, and to my surprise it was a complete and utter load of ****. Once again Activision have taken a excellent well loved premise and taken a big dump on it, the people behind this should be put in room with Nerf guns only facing walkers to see how long they can last before there eyes bleed, mine made it to level 3. SHOCKING
agentsmith007's avatar
agentsmith007 4 years ago
Just wait and see what they do to Deadpool.
I have faith in Deadpool since it's being made by High Moon Studios and not a 3rd rate developer like Terminal Reality
I suppose some of their Transformers games weren't awful, still not the best developers though.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I really want Deadpool to be great, i did enjoy the transformers games from high moon though so fingers crossed
I wouldn't hold Transformers: Dark of the Moon against them since Activision forced them to get the game out around the same time the movie was released
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
The Telltale game. It should go without saying. Have 'some' faith in people, guys/gals.