Nintendo Direct event announced for April 17

Nintendo today announced a new edition of Nintendo Direct. The Nintendo 3DS Direct will be streamed from the Nintendo Direct website on April 17 from 3pm GMT.

The event will be streamed live on the following websites:

Nintendo Direct website - nintendo.co.uk/nintendodirect

UStream - www.ustream.tv/NintendoUK

You can also find out more information here:

Nintendo 3DS Guided Tour guidedtour.nintendo.co.uk

Nintendo UK on Twitter - twitter.com/nintendouk

Nintendo 3DS (UK) on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DSUK

Nintendo UK on YouTube - www.youtube.com/user/nintendoukofficial

This latest event will focus on Nintendo 3DS titles, which is pretty fantastic. Shame Wii U still has not much love at the moment.

Edited On 15 Apr, 2013

Comments
A Nintendo Direct is always welcome
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
likely will go into Animal Crossing, X-Zone and hopefully announce dates for Bravely Default, Mario and Luigi etc
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
Arrrgh. Formatting error hehe.
Should be something interesting, probably more games for me to preorder, I think I have more 3DS games than any other kind on preorder. Hopefully some news on 3DS Miiverse too.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
I wouldn't expect there to be any talk about titles that aren't already known to be on the way. I'm going to guess Fire Emblem DLC pushing (With it coming out this week it seems unavoidable), maybe a downloadable title or two and then a bunch of pimping for Lego City and Donkey Kong and whatever else is coming out for 3DS in the near future. Also, how many directs is that now about the 3DS and not a mention of the Wii U? The Wii U might as well not exist at this point (Most especially in the UK)with the amount of attention Nintendo are paying to it.
Wondered how long it would take you
kevin is like herpes.
theadj's avatar
theadj 4 years ago
Yeah but I've heard that there are drugs you can take to make herpes less irritating
Maybe someone should give some to kevin then.
H84's avatar
H84 4 years ago
A new Zelda 3DS is long overdue.
We don't know if it will be a Zelda 3DS title. It seems logical but this is Nintendo we are talking about, When have they ever done anything logical. XD
H84's avatar
H84 4 years ago
Yeah, knowing Nintendo it will be a 40 minute snorefest about some exclusive eshop download title featuring Tingle. Then Iwata will mention in passing something like 'oh and look forward to a new Zelda, Super Smash Bros and Starfox game coming this winter to a shop near you, Goodbye!', do a little bow and end the Direct whilst the internet erupts in anticipation.
That's just how the big N roll
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
Inerrrtresting. The 3DS XL has been tempting me of late. Although maybe they'll announce another new version of the 3DS. x)
Why do people complain about Nintendo releasing new versions of their handhelds, I mean Apple do it each year and Iphones are overpriced to the max but people still buy them. PS : The 3DS XL is a huge improvement over the normal 3DS but don't see anyway the XL could be improved
Build the circle pad pro in is the only way, that's what I'm holding out for before I upgrade my 3DS.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I get a new Nintendo hand held when I can't get the next pokemon game on the one I have, when I see a cheap as chips 3DS I'll pick one up or wait for a bundle of some kind.
I don't see them building the circle pad in since if they were going to they would have done it with the XL, plus it's not a necessity for any game and the circle pad pro is actually for guys (or gals) who are left handed
Probably not, I wouldn't say it's just for the left handed though, worked great for RE Revelations, and MGS3D, and maybe if it was built in more games would make use of it properly.
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
Did I look like I was complaining? Because I wasn't. If they announced a new and improved DS, I'd be fine with that. I was simply thinking it was good I didn't get a 3DS XL on the very slight chance they announce a better one. Don't know how on Earth you saw my comment as a complaint.
I mean in general
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
Okay, sorry about that. I thought you were trying to have a go at me for some reason. I agree with you, then. The option of having longer battery life & a bigger screen is brilliant. Also, is it just Firefox, or has the reply button vanished?