Newsround, Monday April 15: Ubisoft ready for always online, Skyrim team moving on

It's been a fairly busy day. We've announced our competition winners, kicked off a new competition, posted up a ton of news and also been beavering away in the background working on a few upcoming previews and reviews (Guacamelee is still coming :D).

So what have we missed today then in terms of news? Let's have a look.

Ubisoft feel audience are ready for 'always online'

This will please a few people. Ubisoft Montreal CEO Yannis Mallat has said he suspects its audience is ready for always online.

Speaking in an interview with The Guardian, Mallat was asked if he feels consumers are ready to take the always online jump, to which he replied:

"Well, that's a question you should put to Microsoft and Sony! I would say that a lot of people are already always online through other devices - I would suspect that the audience is ready."

Are you ready?

Skyrim team moving on - no more DLC

Bethesda has announced that its team is moving on from Skyrim. The team will now only provide minor updates for any fixes needed as it begins to look to the future.

"For the last year and a half we've been working on new content for Skyrim; from the game updates, Creation Kit, Steam Workshop, Kinect support, to DLCs," said the publisher in a blog post.

"Parts of our team have also been in pre-production on our next major project, and that game is at the point where it requires the studio's full attention to make it our biggest and best work yet.

"Even though we're moving on, we'll still have minor updates to Skyrim as needed. We've invested so much of ourselves into Skyrim and will never truly say goodbye to it."

Fallout 4 anyone? Personally I would love it if we were treated to another Elder Scrolls, but maybe that's just me.

Injustice Gods Among Us delayed by a week on Wii U

Pretty sure we mentioned this at some point already, but it's been confirmed that the Wii U version of Injustice: Gods Among Us will actually arrive a week after the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. The new date therefore is April 26.

Commander Mode to return in Battlefield 4

New promotional material suggests that Commander Mode will make a return in Battlefield 4. In addition, it's also being suggested that three playable factions will make an appearance in multiplayer: the United States, Russia and China.

So...

That's the rest of today's news rounded up. If there is breaking news before tomorrow we'll post it up. Otherwise have a good evening.

Edited On 15 Apr, 2013

Comments
Not too bothered about waiting the extra week for the Wii U version of Injustice, I'll just rent the 360 version in the meantime.
Whitey's avatar
Whitey 4 years ago
No one is ready, or wants "always online" it works for online games like MMO's because obviously you need a connection to play online, but for single player games it's just stupid. Why require something if you're not going to use it? That would be like buying a stero to play music but being forced to plug in an internet connection to it even though it has no online functions. If the next gen console requires a connection even to play single player only games, then they will lose loads of sales, some people still actually buy consoles just for single player games and don't use online.
theadj's avatar
theadj 4 years ago
I'm a little annoyed about the wii u version being delayed but only because I fly off to Canada that week so can't play it for 2 weeks, and didn't fancy getting it on ps3. Don't think the always on connection would be much use to me either living in the country, and mostly play single player games anyway.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
So far, the return of commander mode is the only good news I've heard about BF4 so far. Oh, and Ubi haven't got a scooby. Idiots.
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
This 'always online, stuff needs to stop, all these so called higher powers trying to tell us what we want, I know I for one will not be falling for it, so if M$ do decide to go the always online route, then so long as there is an alternative, then I'll be going with the alternate choice. And I think M$ proved over the weekend that they are indeed not ready for it, with their servers going down.
There's already an alternative, Nintendo. :)
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
An alternative that isn't a console that no one is making any games for would probably be of more use to him. Regardless though, it's still all rumour at this point Merle, wait until the console is actually announced before counting it out (Though I do agree always online is a real turn off).
More news Castle of Illusion is getting a HD Remake.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 4 years ago
I wish it was World of Illusion instead, i loved that game.
I didn't play a lot of World of Illusion but from what I can remember I did play Castle of Illusion a whole look so i'm really excited for this Remake
Marc Thomas 4 years ago
The Skyrim team I guess will have gone to work on Elder Scrolls Online. It could be Fallout 4 but my money is on ESO.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Surprised they haven't moved on to Fallout 4 already, I'm not ready for the always online, cant keep on top of my internet bill so would constantly not be able to play my new console.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I really don't want online only, i have to go away on business a lot for a couple of weeks at a time i need my console by my side for lonely hotel nights......with no connection
Johno Muller's avatar