Wednesday Chat - April 17

It's Wednesday, the middle of the week and also the traditional day for the PlayStation Store update and Japanese Charts.

Speaking of which, what's your favourite gaming tradition? Do you always grab a bottle of coke and a bag of Doritos before a gaming session? Or do you have another, perhaps more quirky gaming habit? Do you only play a certain game at a specific time due to meeting up with online friends or for other reasons?

Let's Chat.

Edited On 17 Apr, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
PSN Update day! That means Dishonoured DLC day! WooHoo! No traditions here really. Decent coffee in the kitchen and enough decent pick-up-and-eat food to cover me if I forget to cook. But it's rare I get days like that now! But, if the wife vanishes for a weekend. It's usually expensive coffee, and good pizza!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Nothing but my chair and my controller are required
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Also seems to be game day today. Since we have a Nintendo Direct and a Fifa announcement. Probably we'll see something for the fabled Wii U update too since it's next week in Japan
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
long as i have my chair my pad and a nice size drink im sorted! although my gaming hours are getting more limited everyday! its sad times im affraid hoping it picks back up!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Ben and Jerrys, Hershey's chocolate and a bag of lightly salted Doritos with left over chilli... now that is the perfect gamers dinner.
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
Today is Soul Sacrifice demo day. Can. Not. Wait. I usually only play Peace Walker at about 10pm because the friend I like to play it in co-op with lives in America-land. That kinda fits your example. Maybe.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Sitting ad work and hope Soul Sacrifice demo will surfes before my work day is over, so I can enjoy it, when I get home. Prefer to play games with friends, but some times I just play great game like Tomb Raider alone.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
My gaming habbit is just rolling my bean bag out of its corner in to the middle of the floor. I usually make a drink but it rarely gets touched, I just generally don't eat or that when playing. I have a nasty habit of pressing the PS button a lot during gameplay mind, mainly due to me missing so many messages from people in the past after I disabled the top right notification.
Ash Buchanan's avatar
Ash Buchanan 4 years ago
I have to get up early if I want a good gaming session otherwise the Mrs will get grumpy. Have my own sofa spot and place cushions on the coffee table to rest my weary legs and giving the cats amble lap space. If I sit aywhere else it just does not feel right and I tend to play rubbish. On a side, how good is that Man of Steel trailer, goosebumps.
Ash Buchanan's avatar
Ash Buchanan 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
My cat comes anywhere near me when I'm gaming and it gets karata chopped. It used to come and rub its head against my controller, but not anymore! Aye, the trailer looks awesome. Can't wait for, hopefully, a good Superman film.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I just kinda sit on my desk chair and play games lol. Sometimes in bed if it's 3DS or Wii U. Usually have to put something on to watch too lol
Don't really have any traditions, I like to do a bit of gaming in bed before I go to sleep most nights, used to be just handheld, but off screen on the Wii U gamepad in bed is the best thing ever.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I can't get excited about Man of Steel. The cast looks great and I think Michael Shannon is inspired as Zod. But I cannot stand the director. I fear that MoS will be another Zack Snyder travesty that should have only been 90 minutes but was dragged out to two and a half hours because he couldn't stop pressing the damn Slo-Mo button!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Kneel before Zod... in Slo-mo
I'm the same, the last Superman was pretty awful, so it's good they are putting him up against someone of equal power instead of bloody Lex Luthor yet again. How do they always manage to make Lex Luthor so crap in the films anyway. Just don't have faith in the DC movies either, hated the grin and gritty Batmans, Green Lantern was pretty crap too, but at least he had powers. Marvel do a much better job with their movies, even if I don't like that they are mainly based off the Ultimate universe.
Superman 64 nuff said
Fortunately I never played that, the Superman Returns game was pretty ropey though, but at least I got it for free.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Hey everyone... remember my rants last month about tomb raider shopaholic achievement??? It's finally fixed with the new patch you only have to get to level 60 now to unlock everything.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
lol. What level was it before pyro i forgot?
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
That's still 60 levels more than I am willing to do
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
you had to go from 60 to 238 for the last character with no unlocks or fun in between
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
lol... Bet your happy now then :p
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
yeah this is better, still gotta grind to 60 though
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Fire Emblem just arrived. Sorry One Piece. Gotta play this now
Also it might just be since the game isn't in stores yet but my Club Nintendo card says it's expired (I'll try again Tomorrow and Friday)
Never had a problem redeeming club nintendo codes early before, but I did get a DS game one time with a code that didn't work.
The code worked now
6300 points now. 700 more and the Super Mario Characters Figurine is mine
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Just put a crazy £1 on for the weekends footy, returns £22,003.23 :D fingers crossed for me people!