Wii U system update details expected today

The Wii U will be getting a system update next week and details of it are expected later today, possibly during the latest Nintendo Direct.

Nintendo Everything reports that the platform holder will today provide details on April's Wii U system update, so we are presuming that this will happen during the live 'Nintendo Direct' stream taking place from 3pm today.

The new update is said to 'more than halve loading times' when closing a game and returning to the main menu. Another system update, which will also focus on reducing load times, is due later this year.

Edited On 17 Apr, 2013

Comments
Can't wait till 3pm. In the mean time I think I'll play FE Awakening
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
My 3DS is at home charging for when I get home to pop in FE
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Hopefully they will announce some games coming out for the Wii U soon . Apart from Lego City Undercover the Wii U has had slim pickings the last few months.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
It's a 3DS direct so they'll probably not. But a Direct is coming in Japan so likely will have the release dates for the likes of Pikmin. It's Nintendo so their major titles like that probably will release in the same month here. And you guys got Fire Emblem? Mine was dispatched yesterday so expecting today. But post has been lazy the past few weeks. Tho I still have One Piece, Ni No Kuni and Luigi to finish off lol
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I agree. There hasn't been many games released for Wii U lately. Games for Wii U seemed to be being cancelled, delayed or release dates not even announced. For example Aliens Colonial Marines, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I don't know if I have Fire Emblem, but it was completed and sent yesterday, so I'm hoping for the best. Best to have the 3DS charged up anyway.
If I have it i'm sure you guys will get it today. I have decided to leave it until I get info on the DLC & till then i'll play The World Ends With You (Absolutely Amazing game)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I want the Worlds Ends With You. But its sold out everywhere. Go figure that Square put it in a Kingdom Hearts Game and then make it impossible to find.
I ordered it from Play-Asia last month but it's sold out now. There are sellers on Amazon selling it New for £18 well worth it if I do say so myself
Havak's avatar
Havak 4 years ago
Are you sure? I thought this Nintendo Direct was supposed to be dedicated to 3DS..
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
It is dedicated to the 3DS. The Japanese are getting a WIi U and 3DS one that also will talk about the updated patch next week. So unless Nintendo are gonna do a seperate Wii U one for that
H84's avatar
H84 4 years ago
Excellent! Mine isnt that slow, but any speed boost is welcome.
DAN 4 years ago
Automatic download of software updates [without even booting the game] will be very handy for me. :)
The update while not necessary is all in the premise of saving time which is good by me, and since we are finally getting Earthbound it seems I WILL need to get a Wii U