Bioshock Infinite is best selling game for March in US

2K's BioShock Infinite was the No.1 selling video game of March in the US, while Xbox 360 continued to dominate in the hardware site.

Infinite sold 878,000 copies, seeing off the second most popular title for the month, Tomb Raider. Elsewhere, Gears of War Judgment took third place, while God of War: Ascension and Black Ops 2 come in at fourth and fifth respectively.

On the hardware side, Xbox 360 sold 261,000 units, marking its 27th consecutive month as the best-selling console in the US. There was no mention of sales figures for either the PS3 or Wii U, although overall hardware dropped by 32 percent compared to this time last year.

Edited On 19 Apr, 2013

Comments
& apparently Tomb Raider sales are crap
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
good stuff, expected news love the game would reccommend it to anybody
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
yeah Square were expecting COD sales for Tomb Raider. Stupidly. But it's sold amazingly well. Top 10 sales were this reported elsewhere: 1. Bioshock, 2. Tomb Raider, 3. Gears of War. 4. God of War. 5. COD, 6. Luigi's Mansion, 7. MLB, 8. NBA, 9. Walking Dead and 10. Naruto Nothing from Wii U or PSV hitting top 10 unsurprisingly. Was surprised at how well Luigi's done for himself.
Guess it really is the year of Luigi
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
PS3 hardware was around 220-230k according to estimates. Wii U was uh... around 60k. Monster Hunter did bad also. Combined Wii U + 3DS sales of it failed to match launch month sales of the Wii version when it came out. Dead or Alive 5 Vita and Castlevania 3DS round out the major flops of the month. Guess we can safely say Team Ninja and Konami aren't going to be bothering much with handhelds in future.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Dead or Alive was never gonna do well. Especially when Sony were offering it for free for the PS3 via PS+ at the same time. I've seen estimates coming out at 360 - 261K 3DS - 230K PS3 - 211K Wii - 91K NDS - 86K Wii U - 67K PSV - 33K PSP - 8K
Luigi's Mansion has been doing well everywhere, and it's well deserved, it's a cracking game.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 4 years ago
With 2 great exclusives comin and PS4 announcement it's another year of PlayStation :P
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
"Dead or Alive was never gonna do well. Especially when Sony were offering it for free for the PS3 via PS+ at the same time." - Fair point, forgot about that. Nicely sabotaged release then. Wonder what Castlevania's excuse is for doing so badly then.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Being quietly released with little hype at all. Places like Game etc didn't even know it was coming out. I still don't think I've ever seen it in actual shops save for online. Same goes for Ninja Gaiden.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
My local GAME and HMV have it on their shelves, and the game has gotten plenty of exposure/reviews(Many of which I understand were favourable) from the media. It probably didn't see much in the way of advertising but there was definite awareness of the game's existence out there... and it's not like this is a series that doesn't at least have name value on it's side if nothing else. The DS entries in the series sold well from what I understand as well. I don't know what you mean by Ninja Gaiden though. Razor's Edge was an April release and I'm not exactly seeing how the circumstances compare.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Good for you. my local Game and HMV tried to claim it wasn't out till June. But they did the same with Persona and now that's got tons of stock in so And it was April? I thought it was some time ago now lol
I was in GAME today getting Meloetta and I only saw one Castlevania and it was Pre-owned
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
"Good for you" - Not really. I don't much care for Castlevania.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
The fact you don't own a 3DS would also hamper your ability to play it also.
As I understand he does in fact have a 3DS
kevin claims to own everything, except a Wii U, when it suits him.
I don't think he has a Vita
Then again no one does XD
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
He can't have many games if he does. Although I think he was complaining that there wasn't any games released since June last year.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I own a Vita XD
I know he has Dream Drop Distance & maybe Club Penguin and Moshi Monsters (The last two are a shot in the dark)
You own a Vita? How is your £250 Paperweight? XD
I mean £150
Been doing a little stalking of my own and think I've found him on Facebook, assuming kevin is his real name.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
It's....a paperweight essentially. I suppose it's nice if you want some PS3 ports or are in need to play some of your PS1 games on the go. Persona is a decent title too. As is Gravity Rush.
Awww I was hoping for some witty comeback not you to agree with me
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Well it was bought because the PSP has great support from Japan in the way of JRPGs. Vita even has some titles I'd like in Japan. But now the likes of Namco are saying they aren't gonna bother releasing them over here it kinda feels pointless
I'll be getting one in a few years once it has a good backlog/Memory Cards are at a good price/Able to install fan patches
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Went to my local Game. They had one pre-owned Castlevania at £35. And new at £40 on a digital card lol. Pathetic.