Future PES titles to include Asian League

Konami has announced an agreement with the Asian Football Confederation to include the AFC Champions League into forthcoming versions of Pro Evolution Soccer.

The deal will see Konami working closely with the AFC to integrate the club competition into forthcoming Pro Evolution Soccer titles with a dedicated mode, allowing users to control one of the 32 teams that compete in the AFC Champions League tournament.

"The acquisition of such a high-profile license such as the AFC Champions League is integral to our ambitious plans for the Pro Evolution Soccer series," commented Shinji Hirano, President for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. "We look forward to a long and successful partnership with the Asian Football Confederation, as we look to bring the passion and skill of the AFC Champions League to vivid life."

"Konami is rightly regarded as the leader in the field of football video games and their expertise and enthusiasm shines through," commented Dr. Hafez Al Medlej, Chairman of the Asian Football Confederation Marketing Committee. "We are very excited to see the AFC Champions League integrated into the acclaimed Pro Evolution Soccer series, and foresee a long, close and mutually beneficial partnership for us both."

Edited On 22 Apr, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
He must be drunk if he thinks Konami leads the field.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
ha, I hate football but even i know Fifa outsells Pro evo 30-1, i've never seen a pro evo game breach the top ten in recent years where as Fifa is still in the top 25
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I think the Pro Evo ones do better in the east tho don't they? Inazuma 11 is the only footie game worth picking up for me lol
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i have not enjoyed a pes since pes 4 on the ps2, i havent brought 1 since admitted but i have played them and i think fifa is the true king of the football game once again, pes had a good run years ago and this is football came in to give it a go and failed, i cant see pes catching fifa up anytime soon, but a hard try from them would be nice!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I think that may be the case, and why FIFA is including the Saudi Arabia leagues and stuff in now. I know Winning Eleven was always a big seller, but that was back when PES was a big seller in the UK.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Pro Evo used to be International Superstar Soccer back on the 64 right? That one was brilliant. As was the later one. Kick Off on the Snes was a hilarious game too.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Aye International superstar Soccer, then Pro Evolution/Winning Eleven. I hadn't touched FIFA from 2004 to 2008 due to Pro Evo just being much better. I then got Fifa 09 with pro evo too and the difference FIFA had made was just too much.
Ulquiorra_1's avatar
Ulquiorra_1 4 years ago
FIFA sells more but Pro games are better. Fundamentally. No scripting; absolute freedom of passes and shots. Every FIFA player knows what this means
I guess PES still is top in the east, I have zero knowledge or interest in football, but I would have thought this has about as much relevance to anyone in the UK as if EA added US leagues to FIFA.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Yeh cus we all love the Asian champions league.. Always been a FIFA man and always will be until another contender steps in which I don't think will ever happen. pure football *cough * cough
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Pro games aren't better. Slow movements, not a refined dribbling system. No zip on shots at all either, feel like it's sunday league players punting shots in. @ Gloria - US leagues are in FIFA :P I don't use them, but they have much nicer graphics to match US TV.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
PES is OK, but I still prefer FIFA. The last FIFA I bought was FIFA 12. I played the FIFA 13 demo, and I wasn't really impressed. FIFA 14 sounds promising, but if there isn't anything revolutionary (like in 12, tactical defending and impact engine), I think I will sit out that one too.