Nintendo offering free game in new promotion

Nintendo has announced a new promotion starting from tomorrow, April 23 which will allow you to claim a free game via the Nintendo store.

You simply need to register any three of eight top Nintendo 3DS titles with Club Nintendo by 30th June 2013, and will then be able to claim a free download code for FREE. You can choose one of the remaining five titles to enjoy playing on Nintendo 3DS, or select one you've already registered for the promotion to give to a friend.

There are eight top Nintendo 3DS games eligible in this promotion:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version)
Luigi's Mansion 2
Fire Emblem: Awakening
LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Check out Nintendo's website for more details.

Edited On 22 Apr, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Class reallly. I only own one but may pick up C:LOS and MH3 to get Luigi's Mansion 2.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
lol I posted this elsewhere, pays to wait. Amazing offer. Dunno whether to go for Donkey Kong or Pokemon. Neither are titles I'd probably buy full price.
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
Great offer! At the moment from that list I only own Fire Emblem Awakening. I have Animal Crossing on pre-order though so that is 2. So I need to choose 2 more from that list, 1 to buy and 1 to get free. The ones I would be interested in are Monster Hunter, Lego City and maybe Pokemon. I haven't played any of the pokemon 'spin off' games though so I won't know if I like it or not until I have played the demo. I think it depends on how much money I have free before the offer ends as to which one I buy maybe. Very happy to see this offer though!
Already registered Luigi's Mansion, and got DKCR3D ordered, maybe I will get Lego City when the price goes down a bit.
Grizzly_1's avatar
Grizzly_1 4 years ago
@Cathe go for Monster Hunter or Lego City. the pokemon mystery dungeon games are okay but not to the same quality that you would expect from the main series. whereas i can vouch for Monster Hunter being fantastic if a bit slow (patience earns reward) and Lego City on the Wii U is brilliant. i can only expect that the 3DS game will follow suit.
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
Brilliant, thank you Gareth :D
Waits for Captain Herpes, I mean kevin, to come and tell us all how awful this is, that Nintendo is run by Satan, and that we forfeit our souls by taking part in this offer. ;)
I think I know what Kevin will say "Only one of these game is worth owning and that is Fire Emblem" (Prove me wrong Kevin)
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Kevin hasn't even said anything and is still getting jip for it....
H84's avatar
H84 4 years ago
Wow, Nintendo are on fire at the moment. Can there be any reason not to own a 3DS apart from if you've blown all your money on a Vita? Maybe the Big N should set up an exchange scheme for regretful Vita buyers....
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Thats a pretty good deal as there are at least 5 games on there I am interested in. Think its time to dust off the 3DS. Not sure why everyone is hating on Kevin, he's makes a lot of valid points now and again. Guess some people feel they have more important things to say than others. Good luck with that.
I'm just rolling with it. Kevin knows I don't have anything against him (It's all in good fun)
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
It never lets me even sign up, it always says it is only available in the US. Not that I play enough different games on my 3DS to make use of it, all I have is Pokemon, which has to be the most addictive thing since crack.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
"Can there be any reason not to own a 3DS apart from if you've blown all your money on a Vita? Maybe the Big N should set up an exchange scheme for regretful Vita buyers..." - Maybe if you aren't fond of Nintendo mascot nostalgia titles and would like some variety in your games (Fire Emblem is the first 3DS title I've bought since Kingdom Hearts for example)? I know that's my feelings on the matter. The 3DS' flawed control design and low resolution screen make for pretty good incentives to spend more time on my Vita besides the more obvious reasons of having properly functioning media capabilities (Video playback and internet browsing on 3DS is total ass) and titles that hold greater appeal for me (Most recently Guacamelee last week). That's just my opinion obviously... but perhaps you shouldn't be making sweeping implications that the 3DS is something everyone can get a lot out of, as opposed to just Nintendo fans.
& that is why we love Kevin
H84's avatar
H84 4 years ago
@Prometheus Fan, lol chill out. Sales figures speak for themselves. There might be a minority who get a lot out of the Vita but not many. Games consoles are for games and having multimedia support wont save the Vita. Plenty of great 3rd party titles on 3DS too, a cracking ace combat game that is better than the awful 'bigger brother' on home consoles. As for the 'nostalgia' titles, some of them are the best in their series like Mario Kart 7. Even the download only titles are great on 3DS, Factor 5 and others are really making use of the console's assets. If anything the 3DS has much broader appeal, where as the Vita is only doing it for Sony fans. But hey, if your happy than that's that.
Screen resolution? Hahahahahaha, like that's an all important thing?
Am I the only one who can see Datastatic is one of kevins secondary accounts?
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Hey Gloria. How is Bit Trip Runner? Decent? I enjoyed the first on the 3DS but dunno if I can justify the £10 for this one/
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Yes thats true, you are the only one that can see that because you are the best. Well done. Have a prize.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
So, of these games which would be best one to get '4th' i.e. to be the download version rather than a physical copy? Would convenience of having it downloaded outweigh other aspects like no manual, or not having it look nice sitting on your shelf?
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
You don't really get a manual with them anymore. While this Fire Emblem has took off way more than the previous ones it is worth noting that the GCN and the Wii FE games are going for quite a bit. So I would say get a physical version of that just in case. Pretty much everything else can be done. Maybe Animal Crossing since the idea behind that is playing it every day. Gonna be useful if you can have that Digitally and then another game in the slot.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Fire Emblem doesn't have a manual though if you're thinking about not selling it on in the future. Well it does, but it's like a double sided piece of paper. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon has been getting panned like mad just incase you're thinking of it.
I agree with Rob Defo get a hard copy of Fire Emblem. (I can't believe people are trying to sell Radiant Dawn £60 used, I mean last year I think I saw the game going for £10
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Its always the same. Nier dropped in price then started to go up. In America Xenoblade is worth something too. I'm glad I've loved these games since start so I got all of the english Fire Emblems still
I hate people that do that since people that missed out on a game won't be able to get it unless they pay a bombshell. I wish publishers would reissue games that are going for too much (Like what NISA done with Hyperdimension Neptunia) or at least you would be able to msg them and they would send a copy out. (For a price) If anything it would help cut down the number of scalpers
Plus it annoys me that when I was younger in my stupidity I traded in most of my games and now if I want to re-buy them I need to pay over £50! (That why emulators and even the R4 card look like better alternatives)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Well this is why so many people were happy about Earthbound. That goes for about £150 at least. (well. Wasn't even released here.) The problem is when companies collapse or liscences go. For example Suikoden 2 went up against Final Fantasy 7. And despite being a waaaaaay better game did terribly and so was felt there was no need to re-release it. It wasn't until about 5 or so years later did it become more popular due to the third game (and a manga) being released.
KingToAD's avatar
KingToAD 4 years ago
Nintendo, the company who cares about it fans and just keeps giving!
Some publishers are sitting on a goldmine and they don't care (At least it seems that way)
& KingToAD the person who keeps posting the same comment
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
It's the way the system doesn't show your comments immediately. Makes people think they didnt get posted
I know, I'm only messing
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Mines started showing mine straight away. I've started using IE again though. Quite a good browser now. Except on certain message boards.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Mine tends to show up immediately every now and again. It's pretty random lol
I'm too used to Google Chrome reopening all my tabs on startup to move back to IE
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Google Chrome started to give me too many just simple annoyances. I couldn't change back to Firefox either as it was a bit slow when compared to the other two.
KingToAD's avatar
KingToAD 4 years ago
Note to self.... STOP DOUBLE CLICKING WHEN LOADING!
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
" Am I the only one who can see Datastatic is one of kevins secondary accounts?" - Jesus Christ. Obsess over what I may or may not post all you need to Gloria, but slinging crazy paranoid shit like this at other users is a whole new kind of mental. Why would I need a "secondary account" exactly?
To be a bigger troll than you already are? I don't know
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Does "troll" even hold any actual meaning for some of you at this point? Because it seems to me that some of you believe the definition of a troll is anyone who posts anything vaguely critical of Nintendo.
I'm not saying you are. I'm just making a observation
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
a troll (pron.: /?tro?l/, /?tr?l/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response. Such as inferring that Kevin has an STI. Such as stating that other users have multiple accounts. Such as saying Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is as good as Mario Kart. This is why this forum has gone down the tube. Its based around about 4 people who seem to think they know more than anything else and only their opinion counts. Which it would, if they weren't just doing it for points. [POSTED FROM KEVINS ALTERNATE ACCOUNT WHICH I AM SURE HE HAS TIME TO SET UP]. As you were.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Funny stuff, still can't decide whether to get a 3DS XL before I go on holiday. certainly won't buy three games though but fair play to Nintendo it's a nice incentive
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
WTF is going on in here?
rkeveratt's avatar
rkeveratt 4 years ago
Great offer! Already got Fire Emblem and getting Luigis Mansion 2 soon, not sure if I should pre order animal crossing and get Monster hunter free or the other way around? Or get another game entirely.