Tuesday Chat: April 23

It's Tuesday and today we are going to talk games?

Today's subject revolves around the games you like. What genre interests you? RPG's, FPS, Action/Adventure, Indie? What style of game really makes you excited?

Also what do you look for in a game? a good story, campaign length, graphics?

Tell us all below.

Let's Chat.

Edited On 23 Apr, 2013

Comments
troublemaker 4 years ago
A good story based action adventure game will grab me every time. I couldn't care less about graphics, so long as the gameplay is solid and the story is good.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
I like all types of games. I like games that have addicting gameplay and interesting (and long) story. Don't get me wrong, I like multiplayer, but when I buy a game, I buy it because I like the singleplayer experience at most. I like stories =)
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I'll play anything with a good story, I like to immerse myself in worlds of other peoples imagination
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
I can forgive games with Good Story, but a bit clunky battle system, which is why I love Last Rebellion
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i will give anything with a good story a go long as i want to know whats happening next im happy with a game, but all time favourite genre has got to be RPG all day long, when ive spent 30-40 quid on a game i like to know its took me 70+ hours to do, which is great money value, if i do a game in a day, i get really annoyed!
STEVEN 4 years ago
I personally like rpgs and fps, I love old school rpgs like xenogears, ff7 and suikoden 2 as these all had a good story and where just amazing. I dont think the graphics are too important in games, as long as they have a good story and are fun to play.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
I used to like my JRPG's but dont seem to have the time to fully play them anymore this generation been more about Action games with good storys Such as the uncharted series and the latest tomb Raider. Also like the the off beat quirky games lollipop chainsaw and shadows of the damned. Sometimes nice to play a not so popular game like Binary Domain which was one of my favourites games last year.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I love a game with a good story, in the Mass Effect style or something like that. Something unique about it to change the way you actually play these games. But then, if a game has a unique, classy way of playing it, the story could mean basically anything and I'll still work through it aka Vanquish.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
So Shep.... We gonna have it out online later??
So what console are people getting Riptide on? Need to know what to rent it for
Atari Jaguar!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Sega Pluto!
Pluto was a codename so not the actual name
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
yes pyro ive done story mode, going to give u a few fights, do a few of the chevos then got to send it back :'( so yes its on tonight!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Someone needs to hook up a footage recorder and get a shopto fights video section up on youtube!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I'm disappointed in the lack of releases for the Atari Lynx lately
troublemaker 4 years ago
Me too, I'm still waiting for a few of the latest releases on the Nokia N-Gage! RELEASE YOU BASTARDS! you're making the WiiU look like an actual option!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
You are all such fan boys everyone knows the Gizmondo is the way to go!!
I have a Roxio HD if you are interested
troublemaker 4 years ago
I'm in the process of selling my capture box. I don't use it enough. I do, once I've sorted my home computer kit want to grab the elgato and go back to recording stuff, but I just aint got the time at the moment.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I have an elgato, I'm just not very good at editing the stuff once I have it.
I just record most of everything i do just incase something funny or cool happens
Wait a minute. When is everyone sending Injustice back, since I don't see the point in getting it if no one has it
troublemaker 4 years ago
i used to record loads and only edit if something decent happens. But It ended up just being another plug behind my TV and gave up using it. I would love to get back into it, but I just aint got the time
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Nox, I'll be keeping it indefinitely
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
Personally I prefer action adventure games such as Infamous, which also has a great story. But occasionally I will buy an RPG, as its nice to get my money's worth.
Any more since I would prefer to get my ass handed to me by more than 1 person
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I think Gloria and Shep will be sending their copies back soon, unfortunately I don't know anyone else that frequents here that has it
Well Deadly Premonition and Dragons Dogma have shipped so I'll be spending my time playing those two so I might just reserve Riptide. (Anyone here getting it?)
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
RPG's are my favourite, followed by Sports and FPS games. Don't mind RTS but people who rush make me rage! I know its a tactic but i want full blown battles not a quick 5 minute game. Also sent one of my Lovefilm games back hoping that they would send me Injustice.... Instead they send me Marvel vs Capcom 3 which was on my low priority list. Damn i hate Lovefilm at the moment. When i have the cash i am just going to buy it so i can play with you guys.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Looks like it's only going to be me with it pal, possibly Nox too though
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Still will be worth it though, theres still people playing online on MK so i'm sure there will be randoms on this too for us to smash :)
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
Have ShopTo never considered a 'wallet' feature where we can just top it up without actually paying for anything? Then the price of things is deducted from it? We already have a 'balance' on our account. Be a useful way for people to pay for consoles and such.... think of the free interest you'd get with it....
troublemaker 4 years ago
Don't shopto do vouchers now? I'd just use those if that's what you fancy doing. I used to pre-pay for something that was never coming out, then cancel it and let the funds go back to my balance
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
Problem is I have just short of 2k in preorders ( I get bored and keep adding things I like the look of) So it would be brilliant if I could just keep adding to my balance so I never get caught out on orders.
troublemaker 4 years ago
Then you need these mate http://www.shopto.net/landing/gift_voucher
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i cant wait to finish work today so i can get a good last couple of hours of injustice :'( shame i have to send it back such a fun game would happily tell anybody to go out and buy it!
Why do you have to send it back :( I'll be getting it tomorrow
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Adventure or turn-based-strategy are my games of choice, although I do like 'classic' and indie games as well. Don't get much as much time to play as I like however - this year I've only really played Journey, XCOM, FTL (Faster than Light) and God of War 1. Agree with others above that story is more important than graphics. I do actually find myself preferring shorter games at the moment (rather than epics when I was younger) due to the lack of time available.
troublemaker 4 years ago
Have you guys seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDDHd-reopY looks awesome!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Bindiana posted that up just a small time before you in the Fire Emblem thread :P Does look awesome though.
Bit late to the draw TM
troublemaker 4 years ago
oops, sorry. read the review, and the conversation went in a direction that didn't interest me, so I didn't read it or see it on the feed.
Bit rude but ok
what?
Saying it didn't interest you (I was joking anyway) [*^_^*]
troublemaker 4 years ago
Furry muff. I'm gonna go with the idea that I've pissed enough people off today and do one. Off to enjoy a pint in the local garden. haha! laters guys
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I wasn't sure where to post this but I was wondering if anyone has a PS Vita and their opinion of the system? I'm thinking about getting one but I don't know if its worth waiting a while to see if Sony announce a price cut at E3 or in the near future, since there was a price cut in Japan.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Do you own a PS3? Do you want to play PS3 games on a handheld device? Are you satisfied with little more than ports of PS3 games for the console? If the answer to these questions are a 'HELL YES!' then go for it. Personally I've got one and while it's a nice enough piece of kit it's just....meeeh. I don't care much for LBP or Uncharted anymore, but if you like more of the same from those then it's a plus. Found Assassin's Creed to be a lite version of the console games. Disgaea 3 is nice but pointless if you have a PS3 since you can get it a everything for it. And 4. And 5. Everybody's Golf is pretty cool. But if you own a 3DS you can probably make do with Mario Golf since it'll be the same game pretty much. Little King's Story Vita is good but broken, get the Wii version instead Gravity Rush and Persona 4: Golden are the boys you want. Both are pretty great games. Unfortunately aside from Soul Sacrifice there really isn't much coming out for the Vita in the next few months that isn't coming for the PS3. And the likes of Namco have confirmed that they aren't bringing either Tales Of to the west. I'm giving Sony till E3 then I'll likely sell mine on if they don't start and bother with it. At which point they'll likely throw a Price Drop and a God of War at the console to try and help it sell.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
That would be a yes to the first 3 questions. What is Uncharted Golden Abyss like? I was thinking there might be a price drop announcement at E3 so thought about waiting a little while longer to see if this happens. I don't have a Nintendo 3DS.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Uncharted Golden Abyss is basically another Uncharted? Personally I found it to be more like the first one than anything else. Was kinda sucky but I don't like that series. It is regarded as the worst one in the series excluding the card game. If you don't own a 3DS then there might be a bit more for you then. Each to their own. I know if I was looking at a handheld console and had the choice I wouldn't be picking the Vita over that in a million years.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
That's a shame, I thought the 1st Uncharted was the worst. I was thinking about the Nintendo 3DS but had a look at the games and not that many would interest me. I know there are a lot of Nintendo 3DS games too. Also looking to the future I'm hoping to get a PS4 so I could get extra use from the PS Vita in that way too.