Xbox reveal set for May 21

Here we go at last!! Microsoft will reveal the next Xbox on May 21.

The event will have a global stream on Xbox.com, Xbox Live and Spike TV in the US and Canada).

"On that day, we'll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19 days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we'll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games," said Xbox's Major Nelson.

The "A New Generation Revealed" event and will take place at Microsoft's Redmond, Washington, campus on Tuesday, May 21 at 1PM Eastern (10AM Pacific, 6PM UK).

Edited On 24 Apr, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Dammit! I used my always online joke too early!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Been waiting for this for a long long time. May 21st will be the day where i decide whether to convert or not.
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I missed it. You can crack it again and I'll ignore that first comment.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Unfortunately, those wishing to attend the live stream will require an always online connection
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
There's always one... :P
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
Haha I do like that! It's made me sad though because it's an obvious joke I'd never have spotted myself!...... Cheers for pointing me in the direction of those gift cards yesterday btw (or the day before. Crap memory).
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
'Tis alright mate, that's one that I beat you too. All too often I jump on to make a joke to find you've already made it! No worries, hope they work out
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I'll find out next week when I get to try it. And I've been slacking in my role as village idiot lately. How dare work picks up and eats into my play time!
We've always got kevin as our village idiot when you aren't around Shoxy ;)
I would be lying if i said I didn't miss our "Village Idiot"
Now Gloria "Sausage Lover" can be interpreted in any number of ways
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Line trap......
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
After so much speculation and rumours will be nice to get some facts from Microsoft.
Tyrant_BB's avatar
Tyrant_BB 4 years ago
Some of you folks need to either get jobs or just leave your houses. You frequent this site and post nonsense all of the time.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Surely you reading the nonsense at midnight puts you in this club? Lurking is just as bad.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Nothing wrong with having a decent community going, Some people can't help but being complete twats can they.
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
He's gone for Tyrant in his name and the very best put-down he could think of was THAT?! I bow down to your supreme skills. I bet he wrote that about 8 times to perfect it before clicking 'send'. I'd hate to see what he wrote straight away. I imagine some kind of nursery level put-down.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
This comment was brought to you from my work computer, which is infact, outside of my house.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 4 years ago
I know Microsoft have had alot of bad press lately but I really hope they suprise us in a good way but I have to say, if USHER makes another appearance that will be it for me, no new Xbox whatever games it has, save my money, go and grab my Megadrive out of the loft and start playing that again ;)
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS the kids will be in bed early that day so i can watch it in peace! waited so loooooooooooooooooong! best be worth the wait i bloody mean it!
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
I can't wait for May 21. There was one funny thing about the mail from Microsoft. The subject of the mail: 27 days, and if you inspect the HTML you will notice that the title of the page is set to: In 29 days. :)
H84's avatar
H84 4 years ago
I get the feeling they will surprise us with something good to dispel the rumours - I cant bare the thought of always online or full Kinect integration.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Yep me too TM, I get a considerably large sum of money to sit at work and make my useless comments. But hey it could be worse... I could look like the guy in Tyrant_JB's avatar picture..
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I get paid a pittance to do it! But that's why there are days when I'm hardly here. If shit kicks off, this is the first thing I stop! haha! On occasion I'll jump on from my iPad at home, but that's pretty rare! This is a decent place to chat when I need conversation at work!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Agreed that's why we all come on here, like minded people are difficult to find
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Very true
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Makes me feel better that I am not the only one commenting from work.
Speak for yourself, I'm here for the points and nothing but the points [.>_<.]
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
im on here about 7.5 hours of my 8 hour shift :P lol, i dont get paid enough to care in all fairness!
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
In my defence, I have a second monitor with my personal stuff on, including shopto, twitter, home email and anything I happen to be writing. I have a monitor that i equally as busy with work stuff on!
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
Excellent. I like the time for this, it's better than the Sony one which was a bit late at night. Anyways really looking forward to this. I owned both the 360 and PS3 this gen and much preferred my 360 for many reasons but can't afford to do that next gen. Not for a few years at least. So the Microsoft event and then maybe E3 will help me decide which one to go for. Hopefully this event puts the always online rumours to rest. Would also be nice to see a few game teases before E3!
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 4 years ago
What always makes me chuckle and even cringe is when the "fanboys" start the arguing! same back in the day when you use to get the 'Battlefield Vs COD" debates, they argue like it's a matter of life and death and just watch it flare up once Microsoft unveil, hard hats to the ready lol ... Me I just want to play FANTASTIC games and if I had to play them on my George Foreman grill then so be it :)
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Yep Fanboys suck.. You can argue till you're blue in the face but it's just someone else's opinion why argue about it.? for instance I find using two screens at work to be awkward clone screens and extended desktop are not for me but I am not going to argue with TM telling him my way is better lol
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
LMAO! I love it. Boss can't moan because I'm still woprking, but I can follow twitter too! If I could, I'd have a third! FANBOYS FTW!
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 4 years ago
@ Pyro.. LOL excellent way of putting it ;) .... I mean it's like these days, now back in the days of COD 2 and 4 I use to love the games, these days they are just not for me, I have plenty of family/friends that still play it, so should I just accept that we all like/dislike different things or should I delete and disown them all now? ;)
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
difficult question to answer... disown I think. I mean personally I think COD is terrible both for what it has done to the gaming community and DLC, to the gameplay and fanboy's but I won't tell anyone that Halo is better because it's personal preference... I just don't talk to them again lol
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 4 years ago
lol ... Disown actually sounds like a good idea, would save me an absolute fortune ;)
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
Depending on what Microsoft announce at this conference will decide on which next gen console I'll get on launch. Either way it will be one or another, hopefully they'll crush and confirm many of the rumours that have been floating around too.