Thursday Chat, April 25

Given that we started covering music yesterday, I'm going to link the two subject of music and games in today's topic.

So the question is, do you listen to music when playing games? If so, what music do you listen to??

Let's Chat!

Edited On 25 Apr, 2013

Comments
Game & Anime O.S.T's
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Nope, just whatever is on the screen and whatever the dev decides I should hear. Music is for the drive to work and walking the dog, and pretty much everything that isn't sat in front of the TV!
Yep, in game sounds for gaming, it's not like the old days when you could just whack on some metal when you're playing a shmup, you need to be able to hear what's going on in games these days.
Jake Green's avatar
Jake Green 4 years ago
I just listen to whatever it tells me to, with the rare exception of a couple with a custom soundtrack feature. I've not been playing much other than Forza Horizon and Most Wanted lately though, which have both got pretty strong soundtracks.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Everytime I hear the Bay City Rollers, I always think of Tomb Raider 3. Just always sticks in my head. I only ever listen to music when playing FIFA as the commentary generally puts me off and a good song puts me in a better mood really. Anything else, other sounds just put me right off and if I miss some dialogue due to it, I'd be annoyed.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Just a heads up all, Dark Horse comics are offering 50 free first issue digital comics for there 2 year anniversary. Get them while they're hot
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
And i only listen to music while playing if I'm grinding / Farming for something
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
When I was younger and had friends for gaming we used to stick on mix-CDs when playing massive Tekken marathons - they were mostly Rocky tracks. Oh, and Wierd Al Yankovich when playing 'Mashed' or Micro Machines for some bizarre reason. Otherwise, just tend to listed to whatever the game soundtrack is. Gloria has mentioned above - you usually need to be listening for something in-game.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i love the original halo music. i love a good classical piece in my RPG and other games to be fair even normally i dont like the genre but something about peaceful orchestra in a game that i adore!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Usually just listen to the In game music too, Fifa menu music is geting progressively worse each year though.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
FIFA 09 was the best year for music on FIFA. That and 98 obviously. You start to slowly love the FIFA music, eventually over the course of the year.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
09/10 was amazing. Love the whistlin' song which they went to use on the Homebase adverts. I usually do start to like them but there's only one i slightly like this year.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I'm just used to it this year. I tried my own soundtrack last year and that was just awful as it only played the same song every time lol. I loved the Ting Tings song on that 09 one.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Joe, have you got anyone at TriBeCa for Saturday's Beyond showing? Just curious. I'm looking forward to seeing how it's received.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Depends on the game. Alone na, but Coop I sometimes play Power Ranger Theme (Original)
I miss games having good soundtracks, like Crazy Taxi and Tony Hawks.
Deadly Premonition has an Amazing soundtrack