Rayman Legends dated for August. Free Wii U app out now

Ubisoft has announced that Rayman Legends will be released on the Wii U, Xbox 360 And PlayStation 3 on August 30.

This date seems to be earlier than originally planned, although only by a week or two..

In addition, the free Rayman Legends Challenges app which we have previously mentioned is now available on the Wii U eShop. The download contains four levels, each of which will be altered in daily and weekly challenges.

You can catch a video of this below.

Edited On 25 Apr, 2013

Comments
Like anyone is going to be wasting money on this between Saints Row 4 and GTAV.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Admittedly, SR4 will take my money in august. But i'll grab this eventually. it's a bit of fun for me and the wife, and i can teach my what will then be 2 month old, how to game with it! haha!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Considering this game won't be bought by the type of people that are old enough for GTA or Saints Row, it won't matter that it is inbetween them.
I'll maybe rent it, and possibly buy it second hand if it's better than Origins was, but not for a while, and Ubisoft will never see a penny of my money for it. ;)
I think kids would rather have GTA than Rayman DW.
Jake Green's avatar
Jake Green 4 years ago
I'd take this over either SR4 or GTA V. I grew up on platformers and Rayman Origins was one of the most well-crafted, stunning games out there. I've put a lot more hours into replaying and replaying it than I have most other games - especially GTA, as much as I love it, which is just starting to feel a bit by the numbers now.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Oh yeah, I loved origins, it was a spectacular platformer, But saints row has that really stupid level of fun that I can disappear in to. I still own Origins to play with the wife sometimes, and Legends will definitely go into the collection. PLayed the demo on the WiiU last year with the Missus and she adored it!.
Rayman will always be the poor mans Mario to me, plus I hold him responsible for those stupid rabbids too.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Most kids would, but they shouldn't have their hands on them. So Rayman it is.
I wont be getting GTA, Saints Row or Rayman. My August is Etrian Odyssey IV month
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Wonder why they're holding off on announcing the Vita version. Maybe they're worried having a complete version of the game available on one console in the 25-30 quid price range while it's closer to 40 quid on all the others will harm perception of the "main" versions of the game, so they're going to stagger it until later in the year when every version is at that lower price point. Would fit with how carefully they've been managing awareness of this title the past couple of months. Don't let anyone get the feeling they're being given the short end.
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
Even if it is only a small move forwards, this is still happy news. Rayman Origins was a superb game.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Downloading the Legends pack now. While I don't want to support Ubisoft after their decision I do wanna support the developers of it. Still more likely to pick this up over GTA and Saints Row tho lol.
Ubisoft really are unbelievable, this is just the exact same demo as before with some crappy online challenges added, and they consider this an apology.