2K reveals The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

2K Games re-revealed its XCOM shooter, renaming the now third-person tactical shooter - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

When originally announced in 2010 the game was a first person shooter, however it seems there has been a large rethink.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified will be released on August 20, 2013 in North America and August 23, 2013 internationally on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Edited On 26 Apr, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I very much think that 2K saw two things. 1, the success of the XCOM game last year, and didn't want to tarnish that and risk backlash from fans. And 2, the god awful turn that Syndicate did as a first person shooter. Watched the trailer for this earlier, looks great and I'll definitely give it a go, but it releases on the same day as Saint's Row 4! ARGH!
I thought this got cancelled, nice trailer though, doesn't show us anything of the game, but sets the scene for something interesting.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i was gutted when this got cancelled and now im really happy its back on! liking the look of it, still got to finish enemy unknown its on my back log but such a great game! look forward to this
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
23 August is looking like a busy day With Saints Row 4 Splinter Cell Blacklist, Disney Infinity and now this all supposedly being realeased on the same day. It is also my birthday as well so think Joe should send me all of them as presents :) I thought this got cancelled due to the hate it got when it was first announced and then the more interest in the strategy game that was annouced shortly after.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
XCOM:EU is still on my pile of shame. Still in the damn shrink wrap!
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
This live action trailer looks promising, but live action trailers are one thing and how the game actually looks is another. We shall see.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i got high faith in it! really looking forward to seeing it
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
So glad they didnt can this great news nice won da da da da da da da toooo kay!!!
inspector 74's avatar