New PlayStation Plus titles arrive today

PlayStation Plus members can get Hitman: Absolution, Catherine and Malicious free from today, while Sine Mora (May 8) and Velocity Ultra HD (May 15) will also soon arrive for PS Vita.

Remember, previous games given away in April will be removed from the PlayStation Plus deal when the others are added, so make sure you grab them while you can.

PlayStation Plus costs 39.99 for a year's subscription.

Edited On 01 May, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
All three are up to buy now if you search for them Malicious: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/cid=EP9000-NPEA00366_00-GAMEPURCHASE0001 Hitman: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/hitman-absolution-digital-edition/cid=EP0082-NPEJ00062_00-B000000000000155 Catherine: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/catherine/cid=EP4062-NPEB00875_00-CATHERINEGAMEEUR
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Malicious is a lousy pick. Really cheap and insubstantial game. I'm interested to see reactions to Catherine when people outside of the niche it's aimed at start playing it though :)
How come PSN always gets one of these posts and Xbox Live and the Nintendo eshop don't, both have regular additions on a set day and yet you never bother with them.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Because they aren't free
Also Playstation Plus is actually good
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
PS Plus rewards you for subscribing instead of punishing you for not subscribing
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
And Sony are the best.
It's not just plus that gets this though, new additions to the PSN store are regularly reported on, and they aren't free.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
The monthly store update that includes the titles that are not going on XBL marketplace or nintedo e-shop which is reported monthly contains that months Playstation Plus IGC update usually. Xbox doesn't roll out store updates like PSN they tend to add games when released, however they occasionally have a sale or add a group of games which is reported on here like any news site.
Xbox Live (Arcade and GoD) and Nintendo eshop add new titles same day every week usually.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
XBL Marketplace and Nintendo eShop(s) don't offer a weekly blog update list that is easy to look up and reproduce as an article as the PS Blog does with PS Store updates. Maybe if either Microsoft or Nintendo offered such handily available information they'd get similar articles? Though in Nintendo's case at least they'd need to have new content to actually list first.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Having looked through a series of xbox market place updates the majority have been tied to release of games which are multiplat for instance Poker Night 2 which I bought was released on Xbox, PS3 and PC. Today there has been an influx of PS3 stories as it is Store Update day, however there is an article about Minecraft which is the second most popular xbox title according to server traffic, there is also an article about the eshop, however not owning a WiiU I have chosen to not read the it as it doesn't interest me.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Another month of games I own hard copies of. Wasn't Zombie Tycoon and Thomas Was Alone supposed to be up for free this month too? I hope that something pops up next month as it's last month for me otherwise. Will only really lose Okami and considering a Wii U port is heavily rumoured it won't be a loss
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Rob - Thomas Was Alone is already up as free, I have it, it's fun.Also I find owning a hard copy of Malicious hard to believe as it is digital distribution only.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
So happy to see Catherine available (actually tried to get it here a few months back but it was out of stock at the time - lucky break for me in the end!). Loving Plus more and more.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
It's up already? Awesome. To be honest I very rarely check since the shop is pretty much unusable now. :( Nope. Don't own Malicious, but considered the pretty much universal poor reception for it I wasn't bothered.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I usually wait until about midday, then start checking the webstore. I can add and buy all my stuff there, and now either tell it to download when I turn on the PS3, or find it in the A/C management download list. No need to go to the god awful store front end on the playstation