Call of Duty: Ghosts announced, first look at Xbox event on May 21

Activision has announced Call of Duty: Ghosts.

The game will be developed by Infinity Ward, the studio that created the original Call of Duty and the seminal Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series. According to the PR, "Call of Duty: Ghosts ushers in the next generation of the franchise. The new title delivers a riveting all-new gameplay experience built on an entirely new story, setting and cast of characters, all powered by a new, next generation Call of Duty engine."

"Infinity Ward set the gold standard for first-person action for a generation, and they're going to do it again with Call of Duty: Ghosts," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision. "Ghosts delivers an all-new story, all-new characters, an all-new Call of Duty world, all powered by a next generation Call of Duty engine, which is a leap forward for the franchise. Infinity Ward is going all-in to create the next generation of Call of Duty worthy of the world's greatest fans."

"Everyone was expecting us to make Modern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do. But we're not resting on our laurels," said Mark Rubin, executive producer of developer Infinity Ward. We saw the console transition as the perfect opportunity to start a new chapter for Call of Duty. So we're building a new sub-brand, a new engine, and a lot of new ideas and experiences for our players. We can't wait to share them with our community."

The first exclusive look at Call of Duty: Ghosts will be revealed at the Xbox: the Next Generation Revealed on 21st May at 6PM GMT on Xbox.com or Xbox LIVE.

"We are consistently thrilled with the overwhelming response received from critics and consumers alike to the Call of Duty series, which has firmly established its home on the Xbox 360 with the game's largest and most engaged community," said Don Mattrick, president of the interactive entertainment business at Microsoft. "With Call of Duty: Ghosts, we have no doubt that our longtime partners, Activision and Infinity Ward, will raise the bar higher than ever before for this incredible franchise."

The game is coming to PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and 'Next Generation Consoles,' which we presume means PS4 as well as the new Xbox. No mention of Wii U.

Call of Duty: Ghosts is released on November 5.

Edited On 01 May, 2013

Comments
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
amazon are already charging 56 for pre orders on this ,hope its worth it the last cod was not that good
New story, new characters, new game engine, same old dreary gameplay.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
The trailer showed nothing. Maybe we'll see something decent at the Xbox reveal. I'm not giving up yet.
No one is asking you to buy it Gloria
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
But its call of duty the world will implode if we dont complain about it
They would be wasting their breath if they did Nox, not touched it since 4, not even rented it.
tbh I'm past all the Call of Duty hate, if people want to play it and be ignorant of other games that's their choice
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I played the single player of 3 - 8 because they had interesting campaigns... MW3 was more because I wanted to see how the trilogy ended. I played the multiplayer to 5,6 and 7 as most of my friends did. I will consider this one if it gets a PS4 release and somebody tells me that the singleplayer is worth playing.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
In general cant be bothered with any of the moaning when it comes to games its just a simple case of if you dont like it dont buy it. Wasnt too fussed with MW3 but thought black ops 2 was great even just for the single palyer though the zombies never grabbed me. Cant see any reason it wouldnt come to PS4
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I don't doubt it will come to PS4 because that would be terrible marketing it's not like WiiU where you probably lose money by porting it based on sales. However Acti are very quiet on the PS4 front at the moment as if they are fully focused on the xbox.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Regarding Wii U apparently the logo for it is on the teaser site. Also Activision have spoken regarding it saying 'We don’t have any news for the Wii U at this time, as we aren’t dating next generation platforms yet. Stay tuned.' To be honest without Battlefield 4 coming Activision would be idiots to not put the new COD on the system to appeal to those who want a new FPS. They'd be basically running unopposed. But oh well. No skin off my back if it don't come.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Apparently they are using a new game engine this time around, Would have bought it even if it was MW4. It's a good game to play with my friends.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Wii U not getting the game is hardly a surprise after the appalling sales of Black Ops 2 on it, but the possibility of there being no PS4 version? Oh ho... that'll certainly have repercussions all around. It'll give the new Xbox a clear lead from the off in the US as the only next gen CoD box in town this year... but at the same time Activision will essentially be handing their potential marketshare of the shooter crowd to EA and Battlefield 4 if it's on PS4 at launch. Going to be high drama ahead!
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
Chances are it will come to PS4 but Xbox will probably still get DLC early. I'm looking forward to 21st May with anticipation. I can spend hours on Call of Duty playing online, especially against my brother.
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
A little bit more excited for the xbox reveal now then! I hope not all games shown are announced or leaked beforehand. Would be nice for at least one surprise!
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 4 years ago
In one respect I can't take anything away from the COD games, I put enough time into Call of Duty 2 and 4! .. Nothing though in more recent titles in the series would/has tempted me back into them, sure they advertise them as new games, to me they are nothing more than an expensive piece of DLC. Fair play to you if you still enjoy them, the only reason I'd personally buy another title would be for a cure for my insomnia or if they totally amaze me with Call of Duty Ghosts and try something a bit different? I won't hold my breath though.