Thursday Chat, May 2

So Call of Duty: Ghosts has finally been announced, letting us know that we'll be going into the next generation with the same old games - Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4.

In fact it could be the year of the '4,' but hopefully developers will see sense and create some new franchises for the next generation of systems.

Anyway, out topic today will focus on the newly announced Call of Duty: Ghosts. Are you excited for this game? What significance could it have that it'll first be shown off at the 'New Generation' Xbox event? Could this be a Next Xbox timed exclusive? Would this swing your decision about what console to buy?

Questions, Questions. Let's Chat!

Edited On 02 May, 2013

Comments
troublemaker 4 years ago
A little. The guys from Infinity Ward coming out and saying outright that they didn't want to take the easy path and make MW4 is a good thing. A new engine was needed, and they've said they have it. Although if they did like they did for Modern warfare and license and mod IDTECH, then I'm concerned. Because IDTECH5 was awful! I'll reserve any judgement until the game releases, but last night's "teaser" was hardly a teaser of anything unless they were planning on "The Deadliest Warrior 3"
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I have no interest in this, I'll be getting the new consoles but this will not sway my decision one way or the other
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
CoD:Ghosts will run Frostbite because EA like money
Marty 4 years ago
I couldn't care less about the new Call of Duty - I like to play games with characters you can feel a connection with & a story that grips you. Not these lazy, carbon copy games that are exactly the same game that you bought a year ago, with a different skin on it! A new engine?! Well done, you've been using the same one for the last 6 years, it's about time you invested in some new tech! It will make no difference to me if its a timed exclusive for xbox or not. It could be an xbox exclusive all together, but that wouldn't sell me a console! Why would you make a £400 purchase based on one piece of software?! Madness!
troublemaker 4 years ago
I was kind of with you, until you said "Why would you make a £400 purchase based on one piece of software?! Madness" I have spent much more based on software availability. And if you are a hardcore call of duty player, then your £400 purchase should go towards where you will get the best experience for what you play, surely?
Don't care about CoD, haven't done in a long time, they could add naked gogo dancers and exploding squirrels and I still wouldn't care.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
As a huge Mass Effect fan and THAT is the only game that would make me pick an xbox 360 two over the PS4, regardless of what I can get on the PS4 Mass Effect exclusivity is something else entirely. So yeah, laying out £400 for a piece of software is something a lot of people would be willing to do.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Not bothered really has just become FIFA everyone knows there will be a new one every year until people stop buying it then that will be the way. Call of Duty is not for me but a bit snobby to hate on people that do like it as each to there own. I see shopto just announced on facebook that they are not taking preorders for COD due to some dispute with activision.
troublemaker 4 years ago
I was just reading that. I would say it's probably because shopto are one of the few that stick to Acti's shipping date rules and then get bombarded with abuse when people get their games late. Fair play to them.. Acti are perfectly within their rights to put the restrictions there, and Shoto don't need the hassle
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Yeah presume there is a clause to say that nobody can get the game before release date. I remember when I ordered the Gears of War 3 Epic edition it was despatched on the Friday but was held at parcel force till the Tuesday release date
troublemaker 4 years ago
Call of Duty is one of the few that Acti try to enforce. But Shopto is the only one I have come across that stuck to it. I don't blame shopto for not stocking, or at least waiting out Acti to see if they can get a better deal. The amount of abuse they took over MW3 on the forums when they were up was amazing (AJ, if they're lurking still, can attest to that) and I wouldn't blame them for preventing their staff from taking that kind of shit from rabid pre-pubichairgrowers
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
I don't really like shooters but I like CoD games because of the Domination multiplayer mode. I like story mode too. It won't influence which console I buy though if it turns out to be a timed exclusive or something. If I loved shooters, maybe it might, but if anything exclusive is going to determine what console I get, it would have to be an RPG thing like Dragon Age 3 or Fallout 4.
troublemaker 4 years ago
See, that's the thing for me, franchises do influence me. Just not Call of Duty. Killzone 4 and Infamous 3 will mean that PS4 will be the first next gen machine in my house.
Marty 4 years ago
@troublemaker - I just think that to spend that kind of money on a console based on the fact that you get multi-player maps for it a few weeks before others is mental. I'd rather see a nice big list of first & third party fully exclusive games before spending that kind of wedge. Maybey thats just my age showing now tho! @ Gloria - Oh, I don't know about that! Exploding squirrels would be awesome!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i cant see anything really brilliant coming from this series anymore so ive give up on this title already!
troublemaker 4 years ago
@marty and while I agree with you, to a point. If you are one of the millions that only play call of duty, surely your console choice would be based on where call of duty gets the better deal? I'm not saying that I would, but the exclusives sell me a console. and Call of Duty for me begins and ends with the story campaign so I care very little about the maps/exclusivity/whatever If it ended up completely exclusive to a console I didn't own, I would get over it. But again, if it was the only thing I played, then my decision would greatly be affected by the decisions behind exclusivity. And that, my friend, is definitely my age showing :)
ROFL @ pre-pubichairgrowers, loving the put downs lately TM ;)
troublemaker 4 years ago
Haha! Getting back to my roots!
Marty 4 years ago
@ troublemaker - I agree with what you are saying & forget (more deliberately than not!) that there are idiots out there that CoD is the only thing that they will play! If that is all that floats your boat, then please fire away & spend your hard earned wedge on whatever you want. All I was meaning to say was that, for me anyway, I would never spend that kind of money based on one piece of software. You're right tho, there are so many people that call themselves gamers, yet all they play is CoD. They don't know what they are missing out on!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Unfortunately for guys like us lot here, CoD is such a money spinner, that more focus is given to roping in the cod player than the real ones (see - Xbox exclusivity) and it means that for a large portion of gamers, particularly on the Xbox, that actual software worth buying that particular machine for is getting pretty sparse and instead it is the machine of choice for those with no idea what actual gaming can be. But hey, far be it for me to tell them how to spend the money their parents made by selling off their other offspring!
Ouch TM that was harsh
troublemaker 4 years ago
I'm in one of those moods today! Haha! I was going for more funny than harsh though, so I will apologise to those I may have offended
Hey, child slavery is always funny ;)
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I will be getting a PS4 next generation because of the games Troublemaker eluded to earlier: Killzone 4, Infamous Second Son, and perhaps if there is to be an Uncharted 4. Even though I play and like Call of Duty it isn't good enough to sway me towards a particular console next gen.
troublemaker 4 years ago
i was kind of going the redneck, back woods direction as opposed to child slavery. But if you laughed, I'm happy! :D
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
I would not suprise me, if CoD: Ghost goes with 1 month DLC exclusive for Xbox. I will be getting PS4 and CoD: Ghost having 1 month DLC exclusive for Xbox, don't change the fact.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
Call of Duty: Ghosts. New engine. Old gameplay. Same thing, just different packing.
Yup.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Logged onto my Betvictor account and realised i won a bet on sunday without even knowing :D Just finished dead space 3, Hopefully Lovefilm will send me one of my High priority games instead of low ones.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Betvictor have the second best adverts, Ladbrokes being the best.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Mila Kunis...... FHM sexiest woman nuff said
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
lovefilm have sent me metro 2033 so ill hit that this week, only asked for it because i am really liking the look of metro last light so wanted to give this a bash, plus anything to get me Gscore gloria is like 7- points behind me now!! might have to neglect the wife and work to get some added points lol
I've got Deadly Premonition from Lovefilm at the moment, it's really silly, but quite enjoying it.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
mila kunis is fit as **** even in the "that 70s show" days she was cute, but now!!!! o yes
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
in that 70s show she was 14/15 if I am not mistaken...
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
but when i watched it i was only about that age lol! but she was 16 ive just checked
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
She would have been anywhere between 15 and 23 depending on the episode.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
im talking towards the end of the show......
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
of course you are :)
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i really am :D
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Right Lovefilm have sent me Star Trek, Not even a Start Trek fan lol. Lets see how bad this is then.
troublemaker 4 years ago
I go offsite and away from my computer for a couple of hours and this place becomes carnage!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Actually stuff only started to happen when you got back in the building.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Fifa and EA are announcing something new at 4PM.... "Teammate Intelligence including exclusive test bed imagery" What the hell is test bed imagery??
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Maybe its going more into footballers life and you get to recreate what they do in hotel rooms. If you have kinect you can recreate Ashley Coles antics and the best one gets voted for each week on ea's website
troublemaker 4 years ago
Football, Teammate and intelligence don't seem like they would go together very well. certainly not AND be realistic
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Lol bindiana, Footballers can be intelligent too! lol. Would make a change cus people wouldn't be man u in fear of having to recreate Rooney's old women antics. Also nobody would be Bayern cus of Ribery being a paedo.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Hopefully there is a limited edition version that comes with some of the things you need like a replica of Ashley Coles White pants
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
you would have to play as john terry surely! lol
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
Just in case no one has noticed ASDA has price dropped the Nintendo Wii U today and some games. Basic edition is 149, premium edition is 199. Judging by the fact that the premium edition is no longer available on the website it looks like this might be them trying to get rid of stock. Quite a price drop when you consider how much the Wii U was at launch about 6 months ago.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Recieved Star trek today, sending it back already. What a shocking game. Worst of the year so far for me.