Diplo and Skrillex team up to form supergroup Jack U

Diplo and Skrillex have announced a new collaboration in the form of DJ supergroup 'Jack U'.

After the name appeared on a Block Party line-up poster, which also included Diplo himself, the producer announced the supergroup to his Twitter followers. He used the social networking site to post "Jack u... Means skrillex+diplo together.."

The event is run by Dilpo's own label, Mad Decent and will take place this summer. A Tribe Called Red, Big Gigantic and Destruco are amongst the other names that appear on the bill.

Diplo's Major Lazer released their second album 'Free the Universe' last month. Skrillex is set to appear at a number of festivals this year, including Reading & Leeds which runs from August 23-25.

Edited On 02 May, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Oh dear god. I can hear the screeching and scratching needlessly destroying game and film trailers as I type
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Liverpools new kit unveil last night even had a dubsteppy background music. Worlds going to shit... lol
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
EVERYTHING has dubstep background music nowadays! (Yeah, i said nowadays, I'm old!) For Christ's sake, I'm almost positive the alarm on my next car will be Skrillex. That bastard has his filthy fingers in everything!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I think it only becomes a problem when you start saying "youth these days"
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0hii7B9n4U My second favourite moment from poker night 2
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Anyone ripping on Skrillex has to go see him live. I didn't like him really, only knew him due to going out with Ellie Goulding really, and got dragged to see him in Magaluf. Best live show I've ever seen.
Jake Green's avatar
Jake Green 4 years ago
That totally depends on what you want from a live show though. I know his shows themselves are energetic and come with a lot of lights, but the best live shows I've been to have always been at least partly due to the on-stage chemistry between band members. There's nothing quite like seeing a group of people get on stage together, make the music they want to make, and clearly enjoy it. It can make the biggest stadiums seem like the most intimate venues.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
I like to think I have a very broad taste in all music and I think I enjoyed listening/watching skrillex for like 10 minutes or something but I think hes just dire...stop I dare ya to do something different and exciting for me in the dubstep, breaks arena there is one man and one man alone and thats the mighty Benga now Bengas first album 'diary of an affro warrior' is up there for me with music for the jilted generation and the very first streets album which for the life of me I cannot remember the name of........Skrillex is just dull
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Yeah, I've seen guns n roses, Metallica, lynyrd skynyrd, xzibit, eminem, obie trice, limp biz kit, drowning pool, prodigy, darude, and many more, some multiple times, there's nothing skrillex can do on a stage that I haven't seen before. He my be good live, and I'm not doubting he's talented, in his way, but his music simply doesn't interest me
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I can fart down a microphone and create dubstep. I cannot grow a great pair of boobs and bounce them around like Rihanna or The Saturdays. Until that day dubstep will always be crap to me.
We could have a whip round for some breast implants for you Shoxy ;)
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
And they'd look damn fine on me.