Tuesday chat, May 7

It's the Tuesday after a bank holiday and already we have plenty of news to talk about.

Today's topic is more about speculation. We saw at the weekend that a certain retailer suggested PS4 could release on September 17, which also just happens to be the release day for GTA V. So our discussion today takes this subject and asks what if?

Can you imagine if Sony announced a PS4 launch on GTA V day? With the game being part of Sony's launch line up. How massive would this be? What would Microsoft do to counter this? Perhaps a NextBox COD exclusive.

You really could let your imagination run wild with speculation.

So what do you think both companies will try in order to out do each other?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 07 May, 2013

Comments
0000000000 4 years ago
but havent GTA already said it is NOT coming to next gen consoles thats my first point, second point i really cant see the PS4 coming out that early, will be november time im full of faith saying that! you cant go on what Tesco say they have done things like this before and im sure they have been fined for a similar thing a few years back! i honestly think they will be released same day or within weeks of each other and MS wont be ready by september 17th i dont think, thats my views anyway
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
Oh it's completely untrue in all likelyhood. However I'm more trying to say what will these two have up their sleeves. Both MS and Sony will no doubt have BIG announcements to make. Also just because GTA says it's not coming doesn't mean anything really.
0000000000 4 years ago
fair point, i really think GTA V will stick to this gen to go out with a bang then a new GTA to be made in 4-5 years time! i think both consoles will have 1 massive exclusive that will make people struggle to pick between them because not many people will get both! i agree that MS will have something cod related sadly! sony have got many options of getting exclusives in all fairness, MGS, finaly fantasy etc! cant wait for E3 or may 21st! 14 days!!
GTA V won't be on the PS4,Nextbox,Wii U since Rockstar only works on platforms they know the ins out outs off, so they can deliver the best experience to their customers
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
It seems to me that xbox has to step up its game and get some major exclusives. Gears was one of there major exclusives but I think a lot of the main people have left epic now so dont think they can rely on that.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I'd be buzzing if it came out that early, would mean not getting 2 copys of FIFA 14 anyway. Bought Injustice over the weekend, good game, good story, just smashing trhough the S.T.A.R.S missions now. Green Arrow is the best.
GTAV for PS4 isn't going to be happening anytime soon, certainly not at launch, but from what we know so far it is looking to have a stronger list of exclusives. That could change in a couple of weeks, but I'm not expecting too much from MS really, they'll probably have some CoD exclusivity, maybe some new instalments of tired franchises, then there's their four mystery new IP's. I don't think whatever they are is going to tip the balance back in their favour really, but you never know.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
i'm not to fused as i said ill be getting a next gen console next year (unless its resonibly priced) ill be picking one up around the time of fifa 15 i think.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
@DynamiteWhyte I guess you're rocking Injustice on the PS3?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
very true @gloria, i can see the exclusive for nextbox to be something like gears of war the pendulum wars or something, they will just try to milk all there current exclusives for everything they can. makes me glad i'm switching from MS to Sony.
rossthebassist's avatar
rossthebassist 4 years ago
I like speculation lol Sony dev's have said it takes mere weeks to port a game from a PC architecture to the PS4.... WEEKS is a very key thing, no doubt GTA V will see a PC release which means if they have had the PS4 in there possession rockstar may have attempted a port just for giggles in the studio! this makes it entirely possible that they have the game could come out! Its not gonna happen, but in terms of whats possible, it is!
0000000000 4 years ago
ill be gutted if i have to wait to long for the next gen fifa 14! not buying it on 360 to just get it next gen! ill wait
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
That reminds me i have just repurchased fifa 13 so if anyone wants a beating hit me up on xbox GT Joes Gnasher
0000000000 4 years ago
i wont be home from work or online til about 7-8 so add me up in case i forget VII Sparrow VII................ II = 2 x eye
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 4 years ago
SaiyanNox, GTA IV wasn't "the best experience" on PS3 and frankly I don't think GTA V looks that much better. Imho, it would be a miracle if R* will deliver all that was promised on current gen consoles.
Never played the PS3 version of GTA IV. Was it bug or glitch ridden?
0000000000 4 years ago
i have so much faith in GTA V and im so excited for it! think its going to do everything GTA IV failed to do! i am a fanboy of the series though i will admit to that so i wont be negative!
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
@Pyro - Aye. And going by limited fighting skills, I'd say you would smoke me. Strininging a 7 hit normal combo together impresses me....
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Nox - It wasn't bug or glitch ridden. It was just a bad version of GTA imo. It is the weak link in the series.
I'll admit that GTA IV was the weak link but it was still enjoyable
0000000000 4 years ago
i also still enjoyed 4 but not the best as agreed! but this 1 seems its going to blow the series out the water, i cant wait!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
@DynamiteWhyte Try testyourmight.com for some sick combo stuff, people post all there best combos on there. some serious players out there and they are happy to share their BnB combos with everyone
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
@DynamiteWhyte This is the page you want for GA - http://testyourmight.com/threads/green-arrow-living-combo-thread.30096/
I like making my own combos, one of the things I hate in fighters is when someone only uses the combos you get taught in training/challenge mode
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
GTA4 was only good once the Episodes were released. They made the game feel complete, although I wish they had made them full sized games like Vice City and San Andreas were to GTA3
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Pyro - Legend. I usually end up sticking to something like square, square, backwards x, square, square. BOOM. that's how advanced I am at the moment, so any help is always welcome lol.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Apparently Fifa 14 has been slated for early October, Looks like i'll be waiting to get in on NextXbox then.
0000000000 4 years ago
me too tom no point getting it on both gens! rather wait for next gen i get my moneys worth when it comes to fifa!
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
It's just because Game have put it on their website as an october release. The last 2 have been September releases, so I can't see them delaying it till the 4th of October now.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Hope they don't, Fifa is one of the only games I keep all year round, and i know i'd end up buying 2 if i had the money sat there.
0000000000 4 years ago
fifa 13 was released 5th october? season ticket holders had a couple of days advanced! i refuse to buy it twice my favourite game of all time i will play it all year round im still enjoying 13 but i will wait for next gen only be a 4-5 weeks later i reckon!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I'll beat you all at FIFA
0000000000 4 years ago
im happily play anyone at fifa, but im boring to play because i wont have my headset on i take fifa far too seriously lol! but i love football banter so it depends in my mood if the headset goes on or not lol
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
FIFA 13 was 28th September, and Season Ticket holders got it on the 22nd of September. I'd end up buying two copys aswell, just hope it'll mean ps4 comes out earlier so I don't have to. Will have ST anyway to give it a week trial. And Johno, please.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I don't use my headset as I always feel bad for whoever I play usually and am overally nice but feel I'm being condescending, where as if I play someone good, all I get is dogs abuse all game.
0000000000 4 years ago
i had a message saying get a life and filled with abuse because i beat a barca fan with swansea 3-0, how is that my fault! hate lil twats like that cause i know its some stupid lil kid!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I will beat all of you. Johnno and shep are going down. And Whyte if they ever make cross platform play you will be too :P
0000000000 4 years ago
ive got to finish metro 2033 so i can send it back to love film, actually shocked me the game isnt that bad! but i really like the look of metro last light so had to give the 1st 1 a go! but as soon as thats finished, your asses are mine!
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I'll get on my mates XBOX to play you sometime Bywater, I'll let you pick the teams, just so if I win, it tastes even sweeter ;) I've had death threats and stuff, took a pic of one after I beat a lad and it's on my FB. He was 1-0 up, I equalised and then just kept ball as he sat 8 men outside and inside his box. Eventually got Sterling on, and I countered him before his defence could form again and he put it in. I then kept the ball in his half and he wasn't taking risk to tackle me, so I saw the game out and he raged on messages.
0000000000 4 years ago
cant beat a good death threat, ive replied with 1 to meet me somewhere, bottled it lmao!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Last light looks brilliant so I've ordered 2033 and got last light on reserve, lol Whyte, the rage messages on fifa is what makes it so fun to play. Sounds good to me, most of the time I'm Juve but don't mind dabbling about in the lower leagues aswell.
0000000000 4 years ago
juve v man city for me and you i think tom! ive had a few season friendlies with my cousin and thats the team i seem to be playing well with hate to admit it, hate city, hate barca, fell in love with BvB the past 2 years shame to see gotze and lowandowski on the way out, hope they win the CL though and spend that 50-60 million on some quality replacements!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I'm sure BvB will attract some great players, Who wouldn't want to play for those fans? Give it one more year Shep and we can have a League 2 game of Argyle vs Wolves.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I used to play as Shalke I don't even know why but I won more often than any other team I used
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I prefer playing 4 - 5 star teams, just because it's less 'random' in that your touch is horrendous. I'm fine playing lower stars, but just tend to enjoy more with the bigger teams. I love rage mssages though, I just sing whoever scoreds songs to them lol. I always send 'easy' to anyone that quits on me too. Chelsea were my best 5 star team, just well rounded. Dortmund piss me off because I mainly play 4 1/2 stars, and you play v them about 6 times in the one season. Can see them replacing Gotze with Draxler, and Lewandowski will have Schieber.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I used Schalke alot Johno after being drawn as them in our towns last FIFA fest. I went 4-3-3 with Farfan, Afellay and Huntelaar just running roughshot on everyone. Now without Holtby in midfield, I have Draxler sitting behind Huntelaar, and Bastos instead of Afellay(He comes on 60 minutes to destroy people). Only thing they're missing is a decent keeper. The rest are shocking.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Draxler is my go to player when I need to keep the ball, he has amazing control and pace
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Although Afellay is better rated, Draxler has key AMC skills. Good dribbling, passing, control etc. Plus he's both footed, so having a pop on goal becomes much easier when you don't have to worry about what side you want to keep him on.
0000000000 4 years ago
tom u want to f**k of with these wolves jokes lol! 1 year in league 1 we are going straight back up with the right manager not that anybody deserves to work for people like morgan and moxey!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Good news Shep; Kenny Jackett has resigned as Millwall boss
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Apparenlty Kenny Jackett will be your manager.
0000000000 4 years ago
as soon as he quit i knew straight away he would be linked and possibly get the job! dont think its the worst we could end up with after what hes done at millwall apart from last season! im hoping for owen coyle but it will be someone unknown and probably cant speak english!
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I don't think the PS4 would be released as early as Septmeber, much more likely to be released in November. On the topic of football, big game tonight in Wigan vs Swansea in terms of relegation battle. As a neutral I'm hoping for a Wigan win to make the end of the season more interesting.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
As a neutral I'm hoping Wigan go down. Everyone keeps going on about how good a manager Martinez is, and how good it is to see them do this every year etc. But them being in this situation every year doesn't scream good about anyone, and they seem to be the only team that doesn't get the criticism that Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle get. And those are 3 teams I'd rather have in the Prem than Wigan!
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
It doesn't bother me who goes down, but since the title has been decided it would be nice to see the relegation battle go to the final day of the season with a few teams having the possibility of going down. Would be nice to see the race for 4th go to the final day providing its between Arsenal and Spurs (Hoping Chelsea secure third).
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I'm hoping Spurs get ECL football. I'm not bothered about Chelsea or Arsenal but would be nice to see Spurs get a result v Chelsea, then leaving it to them two to fight it out.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
As a Chelsea fan I would prefer that not to be the case. A win for Chelsea tomorrow should be enough to secure champions league. If I had the choice would prefer Spurs in the champions league than Arsenal.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
All of these daily chat turn into Football discussion XD Should just be one topic for it if it's so popular.
I agree Rob
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I have the cold!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Sorry Robi it's partly my fault :p Can see Chelsea with 3rd and Arsenal and Tottenham will fight it out for 4th. Massive game tomorrow for Tottenham I think, If they lose I can see them finishing 5th.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shep you love me tearing on Wolves! lol. Schalke are amazing, Would rather use Bastos on the left though than Affelay.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Aye, their default formation. Neudstadter and Jones in the middle. Farfan and Bastos on the wings. Draxler behind huntelaar. Then 60th minute you bring on Afellay for Bastos. Injects more pace for a tired player, and Affelay is a right footer so it changes your play so people get confused easier.
My dog just farted ;)
Really? my dog tried to eat his own sick a while ago
Could be worse, least it wasn't a turd. ;)
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
Um, how many Rockstar titles were launch titles for consoles? 0? I think that this is not going to happen. Also CoD timed exclusive for the next Xbox? Maybe. Still, I don't believe that this can boost the next xbox sales, especially since it will be TIMED exclusive. It is not like the game will come out 1 year later for other systems. :)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Has anyone had their Persona 4: Arena processed yet?
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
I highly doubt that, we see PS4 until November 1 earlies.