Wednesday Chat, May 8

Sony's PlayStation 4 has just got a big reveal in Game Informer, revealing more information on titles such as Killzone: Shadow Fall, InFamous: Second Son, Drive Club and the new PlayStation 4 controller.

So in celebration of PS4 we're making it today's chat subject.

We want to know what you think of the PS4 so far. Do you like the controller? What do you think of the games which have been revealed so far. Are you excited for more information or have your already pre-ordered?

Lots of questions, Let's chat.

Edited On 08 May, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
the controller looks stretched to me lol! im more curious to see what the console looks like as they are keeping that a big secret, im guessing we will see both next gen machines at E3, cant see MS showing the next box on may 21st!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I like the controller, but will hold off judgement till I've felt it in my hands. I have always used the Dualshock, and so will find it a bit weird if it feels totally different, but then I have had play an XBOX for months on end, so figure I'll be able to adjust.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
MS would be stupid to unveil the console before E3 because it would ruin an obvious focal point.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Never been a fan of PS controller my hands have always been too big to use it comfortably, I always had to get a mad catz or Xbox shell control. This looks to have the same set up
As we're talking PS4 I saw this on facebook this morning 'Reports suggest Sony may not be able to meet shipment targets for PS4 this year. Sony suppliers are yet to receive shipment instructions, according to a report in Digitimes, suggesting that there is a delay in the console's shipping schedule.'
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
love how quiet the chat feed is when the topic is PS4 without Brooker lol
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Blame the Brooker!
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
Im with pyro on this one i am just not a lover of the playstion controller i am getting used to it but i just don't like it for fps.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
i love the look of the new controller.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
xbox 4 life <3 lol
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
i love my xbox don't get me wrong but i think there going in the wrong direction, MS look like instead of making a solid games console there just trying to make a entertainment centre were as sony seem to be trying to make a solid games console.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
just read that shopto won't be selling call of duty because of something to do with activision !?!?! what is this sorcery
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
they wont be accepting pre orders until the day before release i think tootell
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I agree with Tootell and I have gone on about it a few times.. I don't want a multimedia console I want a games console
Dan_1's avatar
Dan_1 4 years ago
I don't see the new Xbox being an 'entertainment centre' as a problem. That's what Xbox 360 is, isn't it? Just because it offers additional features, doesn't have to mean that it's any worse for gaming, it's just good business sense to try and appeal to a broader audience. It could potentially get even more people interested in gaming which would be great for the industry. I think we all just need to wait and see before making any judgements.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Dan, I agree, but from what I have seen so far e.g. the planned media only console etc It seems that they are focusing too much on the media angle and not the gaming angle. I may be pleasantly surprised which I hope I am but sometimes it pays to be pessimistic.
It means Microsoft will focus even less on game than they already do
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i have faith in MS at the end of the day we aint gonna buy the multi media console so it isnt an issue, 360 is app crazy and media crazy but i still love it for gaming! btw metro 2033 is actually turning out to be a good game, think im nearly done now ready for last light, shit myself last night big monster thing jumped out at me out of no where then my son screamed from a nightmare at the same time so i had to go to the toilet lol
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i also love we have turned the ps4 topic into xbox chat, that just proves how much its wanted :P lol
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I loved Metro 2033 eventually, got it in a double pack with Darksiders for £15. maybe I liked it more because of the price though!
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
It means that the PS4 fans are too busy enjoying their PS3s to deal with you xbox peasants ;-)
If Microsoft don't focus on games and move towards multimedia we won't get exclusives besides Halo and Gears and we will all just play multiplatform games. I don't know about any of you but I choose my console based on what exclusives there are
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Me too, It's certainly looking like a move to PS. My choice of main game console will also be based on friends choose too. I'll still buy both though just in case
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
the librarian shit the life out of me last night!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
The xbox needs to decide what it wants to be a games console or a media centre I think the xbox has lost its way the last year or so especially with the new dashboard that just seems to be geared to showinging you a hundred adverts. In the PS4 conference I dont think they mentioned any media stuff apart from the sharing and streaming thing but that was game related. I dont think I remember them saying it even played blu rays.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 4 years ago
I think new PS4 controller is great piece of hardware. When it comes to hardware Sony always doing everything right. Can't wait to get a hold of it.
I can imagine how I turn book pages with touchpad in next The Elder Scrolls game or using it mouse-like in next-gen FPS.
Ulquiorra_1's avatar
Ulquiorra_1 4 years ago
I'm just concerned that the Share button has replaced Select. And curious to see how games that use the button would work around that. Eg CoD, Battlefield, Pro Evo among many others.
Ulquiorra_1's avatar
Ulquiorra_1 4 years ago
The controller will be insane; given that it has AR functionailty which we've seen the possibilities off through Move and VITA, the possibilities are limited only by imagination. It does look weird, but it's a matter of getting used to it. Sony needs to get an exclusive fighting game as well. I suggest Arika's game featuring characters from the EX games. Or Eighting's Bloody Roar. Would love to play as Shina the Leopard again after all these years.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I think getting an exclusive fighting game will be hard. People find it harder to get in to fighting games now a days, and just want the characters. Injustice only does well due to the characters, same with the Mortal Kombat, Tekken games etc. People grew up with these, and people don't tend to jump on games where the characters are more unknown.
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 4 years ago
Ulquorra, "Options" button will do for "Select", not mentioning the ways touchpad could be used for a dozen of different buttons, if needed.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
E3 is only 1 month away and I am really looking forward to see what Sony gonna bring :) Hopefully a release date for EU and Price on PS4
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Maybe I'm getting old and jaded, but I don't really get excited by new consoles anymore. I'm interested to see what games they have, but all the various gimmicks and extra features of the consoles aren't going to sway me one way or the other.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Not really excited for the PS4 at all. I've said multiple times. Sony make a big fuss about improving their launch and then go and jump straight back into problems. I'll be hyped once it gets it's Slim version and some JRPGs. Level 5 is the only thing I'm even looking at atm.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
What problems have they jumped in to?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Jesus Joe, you wait til I've buggered off to have a PS4 discussion? No fair! MS gotta pull out something big in a fortnight to top what's ben shown from the PS4. Bigger, improved controller with decent triggers (esigned by the guys from guerrilla, happy with that) Games look amazing and as far as the social stuff goes, it'll be rubbish, but nothing compared t the sky box with kinect that I predict appears in the Ms reveal :)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Well looking at the past few launches. PS3 was overpriced and took ages for games. No last gen playback (or quickly removed). PSP: Go....need I say more? PSV. STILL overpiced, no last gen playback unless you bought digital. Still no games. PS4. Games...Unknown. No last gen playback (but likely can rebuy.) who knows about price yet. Considering they done it three times I have no confidence they'll do things differently.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
You're downing on them when what they've shown so far is impressive. Just seems a way to put them down for no reason really.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Don't care about Killzone. It's coming on PSV 2 month earlier anyways if I did want it. Or I could just buy the PS3 version. It won't be any different except shinier. Infamous couldn't get into.... but I do plan on picking up number 2 sometime. Generic car game looks generic. Yeah. Once Sony actually start showing off some games I'll get excited. But don't honestly care about more of the games I couldn't care less about and wouldn't buy on consoles I already own
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I'm off for one day and there is no football talk? I'm disappointed guys :D Fergie retiring at the end of the season and Moyes taking over it seems. What everybody think about that?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Who's Fergie? isn't she a singer? :)
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Lol, knew someone would say something along those lines. Should have guessed it was you :P
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Thatcher dead and Ferguson retiring. Somewhere there's a scouser with a magic lamp and one wish left. (Shamelessly stolen from elsewhere)
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Yeh i saw it on twitter earlier lol
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Thatcher dead and Fergie retiring, I guess this is what Liverpool fans meant when they said it was their year ;) - I'd rather have in Klopp or De Boer over Moyes, but he's the head that Fergie wants and he'll be able to help him out without getting a backlash off him. Mourinho would be the man though, don't think he'll travel about the rest of his life like people make it out he will, so could see him being perfect fit for United, and his ego'll want him to be able to instantly replace Fergie.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Talksport are confirming that Moyes has signed but that's is the only place that has posted that as news, so can see it as bull. I do think it will be Moyes though. Mourinho will be going Chelsea, And Fergie retiring means no return for Ronaldo I expect.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
BBC have confirmed this now too and it's going to be announced officially tomorrow. Suits me as a Liverpool fan as i think Everton will do down the pan now :D
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Indeed, Everton'll just go down. I know Moyes will give them stability, have Fergie upstairs for any help. Just the Rooney story flying around just now so will be a good year next year. Mourinho won't get instant success, or atleast it's not guaranteed.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Mourinho going to Chelsea will give them a massive boost though, And that'll mean they will keep Fat frank who is a tremendous player. Hope your right about Everton :D
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Think Martinez'll go and try and get Gibson, Naismith etc playing his brand of football, while losing out on Fellaini/Baines. Just not that great a thing. Mourinho'll have to get in his defence IMO, the one he had before was superb, but this one is obviously a John Terry who is half the player he was when Mourinho had him, Cole is half the player and Cahill just isn't Carvalho. He'll do wonders with an attack that good though. Lukaku, Hazard, Mata, Oscar. He'll love it.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Yeh i agree, Wigan are going to go down and Martinez will go Everton. There's some top defenders about atm and Jose will help to attract them to Chelsea. Love it how you didn't mention Torres in those top strikers :P
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Although Torres has had some good moments (Like his pass to Ramires yesterday), he's still a massive shadow of the Torres I loved. Should get Jagielka, or atleast someone should.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I think he might even look abroad. Maybe Hummels from Dortmund. As much as I hated Torres when he left Liverpool it would be nice to see him start scoring again. Maybe under Mourinho he will preform better if he is given the chance. His performances have been ok he just needs more goals.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Aye, but you see him and he's just not the same Torres. He can't beat men and seems to panic when one v one a defender when he used to love that at Liverpool. Hummels from Dortmund would be a good signing for anyone, but I just can't see Dortmund losing all their stars in the one year. They'll leave eventually, but not all in the one summer.