Thursday Chat, May 9

It's Thursday and nearing the end of what's been quite a busy week. We've had new game announcements and more information on future titles. We'd expect this to continue all the way up to E3 and of course, May 21 when Microsoft will finally announce its new console.

So in this respect, today's subject discusses Microsoft and what you'd like to see from its new console. Do you want a new version of Kinect? What do you want Microsoft to do in order for it to stand out from the crowd? More new ip's? More entertainment services? What are your ideas?

Let's Chat.

Edited On 09 May, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Far as I'm concerned, Kinnect is basically a worse peice of kit than the Wii was, so unless they fix that and improve on the family fun games, it will only damage the faith in the Microsoft company. I think they're having the right rumoured idea of having a subscription for the XBOX where you can pay it over 2 years but being stuck in with Live. If PS done something like that for the PSPlus too, it could grab in a lot more customers.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Yep Kinect can suck it. I want to see a Halo reveal at a bare minimum but they definitely need to show off some IP's otherwise people will just move to PS4. Frankly I'd also like to see a lot more for my subscription. PS plus trumps Live easy now and MS need to pull their socks up!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
kinect go go f**k of, i want new IPs some nice exclusives and yes im excited to see some halo 5 news because im a massive halo fan, lost interest in gears of war which is why i need something new and exciting, in all fairness i dont care if its multi platform as long as i can buy it on the xbox and i want it, im happy! i would like to see MS pull out more perks like PS+ you cant argue with free games
XD Microsoft, New IPs. The funniest thing I have seen all week
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
First of all would like to see some clarity on the 'Always online' rumours either way, whether they confirm always online or say its completely false. Not expecting to see too much on Halo 5 but I think they need to mention it somewhere in the presentation. Ideally MS needs to spend more time talking about games side of the console and less about possible Kinect crap.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
I would like to see a console where I can switch it on and play games and not be bombarded with adverts. They need new IPs to show to get some excitement.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Paying for adverts... Cheers MS
Not going to be around today, hospital appointment on the other side of London, have fun without me.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
Seems very quiet on here today. Is that because we have stopped the comment to win comp or because it's a nice sunny day? :D
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
Its raining here, but i hardly post now as there is hardly any news that interest's me enough to type. :) excepet joe moaning
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I think it's because you stopped the "comment to win" comp.. Maybe you should bring it back?
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
we all said people would vanish when that went, but at least the regulars have stuck around in all fairness, i dont care about winning ive made some nice top friends on this site why ive stuck around
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
I want mircrosoft to change my opinion and show me that they arn't just trying to turn into an entairtainment centre and are going to push a decent games console. roll on 21st of may :)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
@shep i remember winning a comment to win compertition i won a copy of res6 :D
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
a big thing for me is the xbox controller! i can use it so much better and more comfy than the ps3 pad! and the news that the next box pad is not much different pleases me! and @tootell i won far cry 3 happiest ive ever been playing a game :D... @joe ive still not had my 3000 points :'( i want to spend them lol
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
i don't really care about compertitions though i come here to read all my gaming news and order the majority of my games because its everything in one place
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
exactly, news, shop, chat with mates what more you need, comps are a nice bonus but not life or death needed
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
I actually came back to reading the news here when all the compertitions were stopping haha.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I think I might die if you do not bring back comment to win! ........Bring it back with games as the prize not 3000 STP... maybe make it once monthly though
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
@joe It probably is mostly due to the comment to win competition stopping, but also Troublemaker hasn't commented much lately and he is probably the top contributor to this forum and also generates more chat from other people, which is a good thing. I also come here for my gaming news. @Shep I'm a bit like that if I switch between the controllers for PS3 and 360, but unlike you I'm used to the PS3 and 360 feels odd.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
brooker is on a course this week (troublemaker) and im more important than him, me pyro and johno are better than TM :P
What about me and Gloria Shep? Spread the love
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
You're all about as important as a kick in the nuts.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
of course i cant forget Nox Gloria and DW! although DW your previous comment is not a nice 1 so less love for u :P
Charming
Dan_1's avatar
Dan_1 4 years ago
Kinect is not really going to appeal to hardcore gamers, and you're unlikely to get young children and other non-gamers commenting on here so it's inevitable that the Kinect question would get a negative response. I think they should consider that with their reveal though, as the majority of interest in that will also come from hardcore gamers. IF Star Wars Kinect had been any good it could have been the making of it, but it wasn't. They either need to accept that it's not for gamers, or release decent titles and not just party games.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Microsoft need to show the world, that they can deliver New IP, that can rival Sony Exclusive stuff, because Xbox 360 really didn't have enough games ad the end to judgetify
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Sorry I've not been about to argue with much this week all. It's a busy old week. I'll be back to bug ou full time on monday!
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
What news interests you Yoda? It's very quiet at the moment, but I try to find what I can. Will be a little different in the second half of the year, I won't be able to keep up then.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
News will probably pick up from next week onwards. There will probably be a lot more rumours leading up to next Xbox reveal, then after that you'll get more speculation leading into E3.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
As long as the next Xbox still allows me to get 'free' Sky and Netflix through shared accounts with friends/family I will be reasonably happy! And some innovations that genuinely improve gaming - although I fear it will just be gimmicks like linking mobiles to your Xbox, online tournaments, game commentary etc.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
And like others have mentioned, Kinect should be sent to it's room without dinner and told "we're not even angry, just disapointed".
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Absolutely nothing will make me buy a X-Box unless they put in a Blu-Ray player, region free, great Japan support and some new IPs that aren't shooting games. In other news. Got Persona 4: Arena today. Quite possibly the WORST Collector's/Limited edition I've ever seen. Regular box, cheap cardboard/CD insert. All just feels very lazy indeed.
I'm still waiting on my Persona 4 Arena, was kinda disappointing that it wasn't part of the massive load the postman gave me but at least I got Pirate Warriors,Star Ocean 4 International and replacement copys of Mystery Dungeon Time & Darkness. Also the Xbox will never get some great Japan support since the Japanese just doesn't like the Xbox (Besides CAVE games)
Back from the hospital, test results are all good, next step is referral to a surgeon. Also got chatted up by a guy half my age on the way home. ;)
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
Does nobody else think that Ferguson has looked at the tail end of this year and seen the games and consoles on the way and thought to himself "I need me some free time!"?..... I know I've thought that, and seeing as we share a last name and I have a similar trophy cabinet on Football Manager, we must think along the same lines.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Sorry haven't been about much been quite busy atm, so try to get on while i can though :) Really can't see Fergie playing Footy manager though shoxy lol.
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
Don't ruin that dream for me! I have this image of him pre-playing every game over and over again until he wins and then uses the winning tactics in the Premiership.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Bet he'd pick to be Liverpool boss instead though.... :P
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
And don't forget me Shep you bitch!! :D
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
Nah, I imagine he hates Liverpool and wants to see them slide down the league so my money is on him leaving Brendan Rogers to mess them up on his own ;)
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I know i was joking :) Rodgers is doing ok, but Dalglish lost his job and had a better season. The way Liverpool are playing is good though, just need to be more consistent.
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
It makes me sad seeing the playoffs on tv, knowing we missed out on a last minute goal and I'd have been there tonight.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Bolton fan Shoxy?
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Or Forest?
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
Kinect is ok for casual gamers and games that are played with kids/family and friends on a party. But Kinect is not for hardcore gamers that spend 3-4 or more hours playing. I doesn't matter how good the Kinect interactions are implemented. You can't play a Kinect game for more than, let's say hour or two average. What I am trying to say is that Kinect is nice addition to the Xbox experience, but it is not meant for hard core gamers (I liked the voice commands in Mass Effect though). On the other hand I expect new (and more) console exclusives for the next Xbox. New IPs, new Halo, maybe new Fable (?). What I don't expect is a new Gears of War. (It wouldn't be wise to announce new Gears game since the last one was released this year. It would look like they are making it a yearly game, like Call of Duty). Oh yeah, imagine if there are representatives from EA and they announce Star Wars 1313 as Xbox Exclusive. Now that would be a shocker, would it.
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
Bolton.
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
Worst part is, my boss was gonna pay for my Wembley day out if we'd got there.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
That is the worst part. You'll be spewing.
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I wonder if I can get a cash alternative for it? I value that day at £5000 to me.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Could just ask him to transfer it from play-off final tickets to ECL final tickets.
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I tried that. Instant reply was "sure. Ill but you CL final tickets. When do you think Bolton will get there? Ill put the money to one side".... Touché.