Monday Chat, May 13

It's Monday and already there is plenty of speculation going around, mainly revolving Gran Turismo 6. The future of the series will be revealed this week and quite a few people reckon we could be seeing a new version for PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. So what do you think?

Also, what have you been up to at the weekend? Anything exciting? We've been mostly playing games for review/preview, all of which will appear this week. There are some cracking games in there and you'll be able to read about them soon.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 13 May, 2013

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Ceased caring about GT around 3 when I got a PS2 and it was the only thing I had on the system. Got it for the PS3 a few years back, played it once and was just bored by it. I'm gonna go with a PS4 with PSV/newhandheld cross-play. And will be released around 2015. I been playing multiple games this weekend. Okami HD remake. So much fun, still one of my fave games ever. Got about 10 hours left on that possibly including the optional stuff. Also played quite a bit of Megaman and Solomon's Key on the VC. I managed to do well years back on these games but now no chance. Funny because there seems to be no mid-point. Games are either far too easy or far too difficult.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
The PSP GT was pretty successful if I remember right. So a Vita version that ties in with a PS3 or PS4 version would be a good all round system seller I reckon. Nice quiet weekend for me. Got back on to Tomb Raider after a long ass break away from it.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Not been a fan of GT for a long time, I want another Split Second its the only racing game I have enjoyed in a long time. Spent most of the weekend in the garden and i dotted a bit on injustice to finish the star labs missions, also popped on Dragonball Budokai HD
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I was playing a bit of Fifa 13 and Rage this weekend. Rage isnt a bad game but it suffers the same problems as Doom, where you have to manually save
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Page's biggest issue was that there was no real story to speak of. And what story you got, you didn't really get to until the end mission, then it just ended. It felt like a complete waste of the 10 hours it took me to finish it. The shooting was great, as all ID games are, but idtesch5's "mega-textures" were a letdown an the game had no real flow.
Didn't do much gaming over the weekend as I had a stomach bug, but finished another chapter of Deadly Premonition, and bumped up my superscore on Pinball FX2 a bit, and was seriously disappointed by Persona 4 Arena, that's going back to Lovefilm today. As for GT, had 2 on the PSOne, was OK but I really don't like sim racers.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
I haven't played any of the Gran Turismo games, but it is for the Playstation what is Forza for Xbox. So, I think that if a new game is announced it will be available for PS3, PS4 and Vita. This year (and next) is a console transition year. It makes sense that the most of the games will be available for (now) old systems as well. This weekend I was playing Dark Souls (defeated Smough and Ornstein), watched some Premiership and F1. Most of the time I spent out with my friends though :)
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I did notice the bluriness that then popped up. I didnt know if it was my PS3 bricking it or if it was the game. I feel for you Gloria, theres a lot of it around. I had a poorly 2 year old to contend with. Not good, but at that age, they can sleep it off
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i finished metro 2033 on friday night which was a decent game in all fairness doesnt get enough credit, ive now started dark souls again and will play through that unless love film send me something good :D other than that i just chilled out getting excited about going away in 2 weeks! i know you lot will miss me :D... also 8 days and ill be very happy with some news coming our way :D roll on
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Nah, that's not you, it's the game. the PC version was much much worse. With NVidia cards not being able to play the game for a few days after release.
It's not been nice Beazi, just wish I hadn't tried drinking on top of it, after two ciders I had explosive vomitting to deal with too. On the plus side though I now have a fridge full of cider for when I'm feeling better.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
LOL... always looking ay the positives Gloria. What is this Deadly Premonition like... I have heard such a mix I cant put my finger on whether I will like it or not. I use to love Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 (the sixth game can go to hell) and Silent Hill.
Never played any Silent Hills, but it's quite similar to the old RE's in the gameplay department, and production values, story is pretty mental too.
How can you not like P4A, it's awesome
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
my weekend consisted of mostly chilling out i played abit of bioshock infinite and i must say its the most overrated game ever, dont get me wrong its a good game but just that, also got my a** handed to me of pyro on injustice.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
dont let pyro get to you Tootell hes an injustice geek whos trys claiming hes shit so you feel worse when he destroys u, i did beat him once though :P he claimed he wasnt trying just couldnt handle the fact i smashed his face in!
I have Injustice sitting next to my Xbox, haven't found the time to post it back to Lovefilm
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
I've had hours upon hours of practice now though but i am happy to impart what I know to Tootell, he has ordered a fightpad which is a great start on making it easier for himself. We can sit in practice mode for a bit when you get it so we can iron some combos out for use online
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Didnt get much gaming time in this weekend got a bit of God of War Acension in but for some reason just not feeling this one and loved all the other games.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
for the record I never claimed I was shit ha ha, I am good at best but still get demolished online ranked
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
have you seen some of those people online ranked! stupid!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
just watched a 6 minute video of next gen watch dogs, guessing shopto will have it up later at some point, i need to see it on a bigger uncracked screen!
I didn't like P4A because I'm not a Persona fan I guess Nox, I just wanted a fighting game, not to have to trawl through mountains of text I don't care about to get to each fight.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
I'm hoping the ps4 will launch with watch dogs
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
me too but the next box obviously!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
It depends what happens on the 21st for me I would like MS to come out with something huge that will win me over
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
they will I HAVE THE FAITH!
Don't play Story Mode. Story Mode is for fans of the original, Arcade Mode is what a normal fighting game story mode is. Give it another try
Arcade mode was OK, but it's just not that good a fighter, and I have an old 360 pad, so no decent Dpad, so it's just annoying for me. I might give it another go, but for now I'm sticking with Deadly Premonition.
It is a good fighter. It's a step up from Blazblue which I love.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
finally got my platinum for far cry 3 after a long weekend of playing it great game sunk about 30 hours playing it , not sure what game to start next as i will be playing metro on friday
Continue Dragon's Dogma.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
might do nox but i dont want to get to caught up in it as i want to start metro on friday , i know i said to you before how much there was to do
Use it as your "in between" game.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
cant wait for metro last light finished metro 2033 friday! hope lovefilm send it day 1
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
just read a review for metro last light and it got 8.5 sounds like this is gonna be top cannot wait for friday now , not played the first due to no 360 but heard good things , any idea when shop to reviews will go live
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
will go back to dragons nox i think, hope your pawn can help me though lol
I'm not going to buy Last Light on principle, since they took out the Ranger Mode for a Pre-order bonus
My pawn, Nox, is only Level 9 right now but since i'm playing on Hard mode that won't last much longer. (I hope, since I die in two hits)
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Watched Angry Joe's video on that last night Saiyan, Part of the reason that i'm put off it and may just rent it instead. Going to get into Dragon's Dogma again aswell I think.
It's kind off a mixed bag with Joe, since he doesn't like the whole Ranger Mode crap but he has said on his Twitter that he is loving the game.So i'll just wait till his review then decide if I want to pick Last Light and a PSN card up (When the game gets discounted to cut out the price of the card)
It turns out I can die in one hit as well if it's from magic. What console you got it on Bywater?
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
The game looks great, but removing a game difficulty and making it a pre-order incentive is awful. The idea of having to pay for it in future really irks me. You can't do that to a game. It's fundamentally wrong inb my opinion to do that to a game. It's like saying if you don't pre-order call of duty, you don't get veteran difficulty. No way. You're gonna play that game,
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
totally agree with TM it is a poor attempt to get sales, load of bollocks, but im only renting so ill enjoy it anyway
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
just read that one of metro last light trophy's is complete the game in ranger mode so if you do not get the pre order or dlc you cannot get the platinum so i guess people will be upset
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
thats total BS basically pre order or pay extra i hate game companies that pull of shit like this! but im really looking forward to the game!
That just proves that they took Ranger Mode out of the game at the last second. £15 buy for me since i'll be getting a points card at the same time.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i guess its the norm these days get ripped off with dlc but i still intend to play and enjoy the game , a proper story driven game in fps been waiting for
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
lets hope all this gets sorted out with the next gen , paying for dlc what should be on the disc any way. although i heard metro was coming to next gen as well but it prop be the same story there
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Surely this must be the first time a difficulty has been sold as DLC do not like where the DLC path is going
I would be fine with it if it was a timed DLC but it's not
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i physically cant wait for it just to see which way the story goes, because i cant see it being a direct carry on from 2033 with the way that ended but wont say anything
Everyone died?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i think it might be done to get more day one buys but thats no reason to do it , it should sell well any way but it could come back the other way
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i think the they changed the story from the first its all new but with hints going back to 2033 and a link to a new book
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Sorry saiyan had to pop out. had it rented from lovefilm on the 360
Aww I have it on PS3
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Played Shep on Fifa... BOOM 5 - 1 :D Who's next :P
I would give you a game if I had it