Gran Turismo 6 could come to PS4; PS3 demo in July

Gran Turismo 6 could get a dedicated PS4 release according to Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi.

Speaking to Gamespot during the game's reveal yesterday, Yamauchi told the site, "We have a PS4 version in mind for the future. But for this holiday season we thought that it would be best for users to release the PS3 version.

"I thought the best scenario would be for the game to come out, and we’re planning to have new content, and DLC every few months. Once the players have thoroughly played out the game, if the PlayStation 4 version just came out naturally in the process, we think that would be the best scenario for the game."

Meanwhile it's also been revealed that a demo for the PS3 version will arrive in July to coincide with the launch of the new GT Academy season.

Gran Turismo 6 arrives on PS3 later this year, you can pre-order below.

Edited On 16 May, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
dont think this will sell as it used to sell, not as popular from the looks of the things ive seen people say! drive club seems to be getting more hype than this, i give up after GT2 lol
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 4 years ago
At least it makes sense. Bet they'll do game saves transferrable to PS4 and all DLCs available instantly on both systems so when gamers "upgrade" they don't lose anything.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I think they'll just release the PS4 one shortly after PS4 is out, just so Drive Club sells well then GT6 comes out and takes the driving world really. The game is good, and it sold really well for something that people love to hate on. I'll buy 6, can't beat a good racing game.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
You got it right on the money there I reckon Shep. Drive club seems to be the way forward for the PS4. Gran Turismo doesn't carry the name it once did outside of the real hardcore fans. Driveclub looks ike it might try to recreate the success of Forza Horizon, and that's nothing but positive as far as I'm concerned. I'll give GT6 a try, but after 5, I'm not expecting anything big
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
So either wait for PS4 version that may never happen or get PS3 version... Hate when companies does this.
The architecture on the PS4 is completely different than that of the PS3 so it wouldn't make sense to port something that is almost finished to the PS4. I think he is just covering his backside.
BARIS 4 years ago
I am not sure if this is a good buy on PS3. I pretty much believe that GT6 will be like a DLC over GT5. How do you perfect an already perfect game for PS3? Glad to see the demo and see it with my very own eyes!