Nintendo to host another Direct broadcast this afternoon

Nintendo will be hosting another Nintendo Direct broadcast today (May 17).

The event will kick off at 7AM PDT / 3PM BST and will be broadcast from Nintendo's European and US sites, as usual, via UStream.

The company has said that the event will focus on Wii U titles coming in Spring and Summer, whilst those set for release in Autumn and beyond will be given a separate broadcast around the time of E3.

You'll be able to watch the broadcast below, when it goes live at 3PM in the UK.

Video streaming by Ustream

Edited On 17 May, 2013

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Wonderful 101 being released on my Birthday thats a nice surprise.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
Nice to see Pikmin 3 released on the 26th July. As the presentation went on I feared for an end of August release date.
H84's avatar
H84 4 years ago
I am amazed that Nintendo managed to make Sonic an exclusive. Wouldnt have thought it possible 20 years ago. Hopefully Sega will bring more games to WiiU like Yakuza and Total War. The Direct didnt explain what happened to the Deus Ex DC that should have come out in May. I hope Square havent got cold feet or made it multiplatform.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Yakuza 1+2 HD announced for Wii U also. Hopefully it'll be released on 360 as well as that'll ensure a release outside Japan for it. I did laugh a bit at Nintendo having to release Mario Bros U DLC as a seperate game Halo ODST style to pad out their barren Wii U schedule for the year though.
H84's avatar
H84 4 years ago
Unfortunately Yakuza 1+2 look to be Japan only for the time being. I've been waiting for the HD originals and Yak 5 to come out on PS3 for a while now and nothing has been announced. At least the Miiverse will give Ninty fans a way to show Sega how badly they want the game.
H84. Sonic Colors was a Nintendo Exclusive too in case you forgot.
Bit of a disappointing ND really, the release dates are welcome, and Sonic going exclusive is a pretty big deal I suppose, but I was expecting more.
H84's avatar
H84 4 years ago
LoliNoxtan: Unfortunately I never owned a Wii so I've been working my way through the gems I missed. Thanks for the info, never heard of that game I'll try to get a copy.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I'm actually quite glad Luigi U is a seperate one. Box will look nice on the shelf. Dunno if Shopto have put it up yet tho. American's got a price of $19.99 which should mean £15 for us UK folk. Was wililng to pay £20 for it anyways. Pikmin will be a day 1 buy. Wario has had it's price slashed on here so will pick that too. Wonderful 101....likely. Mario and Sonic....I dunno, I like the Snowboarding game and 1080 is my fave game of that genre. Mario and Sonic worlds are nice. Interesting that the Americans got Sega VC stuff announced including Sonics, Shining Forces etc. We didn't :/ Dunno if it was on the Merican Direct but THREE Kirby games are coming next week to VC so yay for them. Like how Nintendo are putting the E3 demos up in American stores too. Need to do that here methinks. Anything is better than the Rayman demo lol
That's a good price for Luigi U, hopefully cheaper as DLC.
Amazon have to be joking. http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Super-Luigi-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B00CEUQA08/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368809100&sr=8-2&keywords=luigi+u
Sonic Colors is also on the DS
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I think it's more Amazon covering themselves before the price is released. Don't want to put it to £20 then it turn out that it's £30 everywhere else and they lose out on a load on pre-orders.
Maybe, Amazon do overprice on some games though, I wouldn't shop there if I didn't get all the free vouchers.
H84's avatar
H84 4 years ago
I never had a DS either >D
Why not? You should they are amazing consoles (& apparently the 3DS is the best console ever)
H84's avatar
H84 4 years ago
Dont tell Nintendo but due to backwards compatibility I usually skip a generation where I can and then hoover up all the games I missed at a later date on a new console for a lot less money. I've got a WiiU and 3DS now and the strain on my wallet is crazy. Kind of glad there arent that many games coming out yet, lets me catch up on the last five years of Wii and DS Ninty goodness.
But you also run the risk of games becoming more expensive