Kinect One and Xbox Fitness domains registered

Microsoft has registered domain names for both Kinect One and a new game known as Xbox Fitness.

It's hardly surprising that Microsoft has snapped up the domain for its new Kinect hardware, however the Kinect Fitness registration is an interesting one. Fitness games took off big time this generation and were a big earner for companies such as Microsoft and Ubisoft and with Kinect now being much more responsive thanks to the new technology, we'd expect Microsoft to put a large emphasis on these types of games.

Domains registered include XboxFitness.info, XboxFitness.biz, Kinect1.org and KinectOne.info.

It seems like another of those Xbox One exclusives has been uncovered, how many more will be Kinect related?

Edited On 23 May, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
If it doesn't come with something that'll keep track of my weight, then it will always lose out to the Wii Fit. But if it can calculate my waist size etc. then it may be able to contend.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i honestly think they have learned from the kinect so im going to be faithful in it and think its actually going to be a good thing for the Xbox One
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Way to be optimistic mate :)
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
I liked Your Shape Fitness Evolved for Xbox. With the new sensor and the new API (and its features), the developers should be able to make some pretty good fitness games. Let's just wait and see. And if the Kinect is indeed coming to PC too, I hope that they won't do it as they did with the current-gen Kinect, i.e. if you develop a game or an app using Kinect, it can support ONLY the Kinect for Windows, and not Kinect for XBOX, which was a little bit of a let down. At the end Kinect was used only in Universities (mostly by people not knowing the true limitations of the sensor and overestimating themselves. Trust me, I know these kind of people) and by enthusiasts (like myself).
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Never understood these fitness games, do people really need to be told how to work out? It's not exactly rocket science. Next will be learn to count with Kinect, 'hold up three fingers'
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
The Wii one was fun because it kept track on your weight and the more you worked out the more you unlocked.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
@iMerle: It is all psychology. Kinect is cool. You play a game and work out. Most of the people start working out in a gym and soon after they quit. Why? Because they expect to see muscles and results in one month. Also they are not willing to change their eating habits (fast food, food with a lot of calories etc.). When playing games with Kinect they think that they achieve something (points, achievements). Also they think that they are getting fit. Fitness games are fun, but that is not the real deal. Would go and jog in the park, or would you 'jog' in one place at home? That is the real reason why people are so much into fitness 'games'. :)
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
couldnt agree more with what ZdravkoN just said, i loved the kinect but it had issues, if this kinect comes with no issues and pics you up with no problems and registers what you are doing and picks up your voice a lot better, i have zero issues with it
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
I never had the original Kinect. It was too expensive to buy seperately and I don't think my house has enough space to use it anyway. I saw my friend use his one in his flat once. His tv unit was against 1 wall and in order for it to pick him up, he had to stand by the other wall. Any further back and he would have been out of his window! But since this new one is coming bundled with each console and apparently works better in smaller spaces, i'm interested in seeing what some of these Kinect games are like!
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
Honestly, I'd jog in the park, get some sun, get some fresh air and take the dog with me to tire him out. It's just how I am Game time is my chill time, and I have a free to use gym at work as well, you would be surprised what a quick 30 minute work can do, keeps you fit and revitalizes you without tiring yourself to much. If they have advanced the technology which hear they have that's great, but Kinect just is not for me, without some form of peripheral, it's never going to advance past gimmick.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
@iMerle: Exactly my point :) @Shep: Yes, exactly. I liked the voice command integration with Mass Effect 3 for example. (although if you ask me, Kinect wasn't really a requirement for this, except for beam forming, the other things were just usage of API).