Microsoft teases 'Big' Xbox 360 announcement for E3

Microsoft Game Studios executive Phil Spencer has said that the company has a "huge" Xbox 360 announcement in the works for next month's Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Speaking in an interview with Gamespot, Spencer talked up the console, revealing that it's not quite finished with the Xbox 360 yet.

"I think the [Xbox 360] is going to be very vibrant for many years. In fact, we have a huge, I think it's huge, [Xbox 360] announcement for E3 that I keep wanting to talk about, but I can't," Spencer said. "I think it will surprise people. I loved what we did last year with Minecraft; bring Minecraft to the box; six million units later it's kind of a beast. I think there's a lot of life in the [Xbox 360] for years to come."

What could this huge announcement be? A price cut perhaps or maybe it's Minecraft 2? After all he did specifically mention Minecraft.

We'll find out next month. What do you think it could be?

Edited On 23 May, 2013

Comments
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Either a price cut or the rumoured "Xbox Mini", which doubles up as a backwards compatability add on for the XBone. Can't imagine they're going to spend resources on a major new 360 title at this point to be honest.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i dont want 360 announcements i want One announcements but this is to be expected, like all previous Gens they keep going for a good 4-5 years! my son will stay entertained at least
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
The announcement has been leaked. It is that the 360 is still the main console. the Xbox One announcement was all a joke at Shep's expense and their new geneation achine will be announced formally at E3 2016
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
lol i knew my open confidence would bite me in the ass for weeks to come! if not months knowing you lot haha
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
From what he has said it sounds to me they are thinking of bringing something else big on PC across to Xbox maybe WOW or starcraft something like that
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Can see them doing that just to compete with Sony getting Diablo 3.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 4 years ago
This is good, they cant go putting all their Xs (eggs) into the ONE box! Once the new console takes off the 360 will fade. Long live Xbox 360!
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
I hope Microsoft will not be using Stream time on 360, since they really need to clear up the Used Games rumor and well announce some exclusive that ain't Halo or Gears of War